Dynamix - V6 Plugins

With my AsRock Extreme6 Sometimes I've noticed even when I set the correct sensor it takes a reboot to correct the temp. My Mainboard sits around 30C and sometimes it spikes up to 100+ and I have to do a reboot for it to correct its self. No idea why it does it sometimes, but it does. 

On 4/15/2021 at 2:24 PM, lgil said:

Hi,

I have tried this steps, but for me still not possible to use the Fan Control plugin, below the error:

<br /><b>Warning</b>:  file_get_contents(/sys/devices/platform/nct6687.2592/hwmon/hwmon3/pwm3_enable): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php</b> on line <b>40</b><br /><br /><b>Warning</b>:  file_put_contents(/sys/devices/platform/nct6687.2592/hwmon/hwmon3/pwm3_enable): failed to open stream: Permission denied in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php</b> on line <b>42</b><br /><br /><b>Warning</b>:  file_put_contents(/sys/devices/platform/nct6687.2592/hwmon/hwmon3/pwm3_enable): failed to open stream: Permission denied in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php</b> on line <b>50</b><br />/sys/devices/platform/nct6687.2592/hwmon/hwmon3/fan3_input

I have a MSI MAG B460M MORTAR and the I/O Controller is NUVOTON NCT6687 Controller Chip. Also running Unraid Version: 6.9.2 .

I'm having exactly the same issue running Unraid 6.9.2. on a MSI Z490 Gaming Carbon Wifi, controller is a NUVOTON NCT6687 as well. 

I downloaded and installed the TRIM plugin.

I set it to run daily. 

I have a few SSD's, 2 in Cache, 2 in Media_db and then some in unassigned devices.

Today I decided to run /sbin/fstrim -v /mnt/cache
/mnt/cache: 1.6 TiB (1795191562240 bytes) trimmed

All my SSD's trimmed a fair amount. 

Is the plugin not working? 

Or am I missing something?

17 hours ago, Kaisho said:

I'm having exactly the same issue running Unraid 6.9.2. on a MSI Z490 Gaming Carbon Wifi, controller is a NUVOTON NCT6687 as well. 

I have posted this error a quite some time, let's wait if Fan Control will soon update.

Hi, I am having big problems with this plugin and standby...

No matter if I select manual or automated standy (WOL is working so system will start).

I canl see the login screen on my TV (console) but I can not use my keyboard (not reacting) or the web access -> no connection. After a reset I can login (array will be checked because of hard reset).

System:

unraid 6.9.2

Gigabyte Z490M (rev. 1.0)

Intel® Core™ i3-10100 CPU @ 3.60GHz

16GB Ram

2 x 1TB Cache SSD

3 x 10TB

1 x 3TB

Any ideas? Thanks!

tower-diagnostics-20210422-2230.zip

On 3/25/2021 at 9:29 PM, primeval_god said:

So I am seeing something oddly similar. I just installed 6.9.1 yesterday and now i see this at the bottom if the "Array Operation" tab on the "Main" page. The thing is I dont have the s3 sleep plugin installed, and I havent for quite some time.

image.thumb.png.10e585e8449059ff3f2fc08ba5c6db40.png

The same thing happens to me, but the message disappears when I uninstall Dynamix S3 Sleep

image.png.94cb47e6d3d87de4c511070cd5348fd5.png

On 3/16/2021 at 12:23 PM, Pipould said:

On my side, since 6.9:
- Wake On LAN from sleep does not work, I need to manually go to the computer and press on. Seems going to sleep does not work as uptime restart from 0.

- Wake On LAN from shutdown does work.

This + the fact that activity on array isn't recognized, I must add disks manually.

The "S3" status does not work, the RGB (I only have white color) continues to work, as do the cooling fans. I simply have to go to the PC forcibly shut it down and turn it on again.

if I turn off the pc the wake on lan if it works

I'm going to go back to UnRaid 6.8.3 (I'm going to lose the processor temperature with the Dynamix System Temp), because without this functionality I can't let them use the equipment at home.

My server is set to go to sleep after an hour of inactivity.  But for some reason the S3 plugin is detecting activity on one of my cache drives every 30 minutes like clockwork.  This is a recent development so I though it may have been caused by a docker program after I moved the docker.img file to my cache.  But disabling the docker service didn't fix the issue.  

Does anyone have an idea about what keeps pinging my cache drive?

nas-ng-diagnostics-20210428-1559.zip 

On 3/2/2021 at 3:04 PM, pervel said:

Is there something I can do to get all temperature monitors for my ASUS ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING motherboard?

This is the only thing I am getting:

1980133337_Screenshot2021-03-02at15_00_46.png.0eaf7abf22a8cc4653c22c5c51b1ea1b.png

I think the three k10temp are all CPU temperature but I'm not sure. They are almost always exactly the same. I would really like to also get motherboard temperature.

Did you ever find a solution to this? I have the same issue.

On 12/1/2014 at 1:40 PM, bonienl said:

System AutoFan

allows automatic fan control based on the system temperature. High and low thresholds are used to speed up or speed down the fan. This is a new plugin and still under development.

I've been loving this plugin, but any chance you can add the ability to label the fans, and for this label to be also reflected in the dashboard (instead of FAN 0, FAN 1) so we can more easily identify the fans/fan-groups?
i.e. CPU FAN, HDD FAN, FRONT FAN, REAR FAN etc.

This would greatly improve managing the configs and monitoring.

7 hours ago, pervel said:

Sadly not. I've basically given up on this issue.

Appending 

acpi_enforce_resources=lax

to the syslinux config works, but I don't consider it a permanent solution.

Do we need a new kernel version to get all readings on B550 boards or what's the deal?

Hello,

i'm having some issues with my chassis fans on unraid 6.9.2.

I installed 2 new fans to my MSI Z97 PC Mate(MS-7850) mobo today.

i introduced a 3 male to 1 female splitter with the two fans that came with my chassis and 140mm noctua, going to sys_fan3. I have 1 140mm noctua plugged directly in to sys_fan2 and have a water cooler plugged in to cpu_fan1.

Until i installed the two noctua fans today, the two chassis fans and the cpu cooler fans seemed to operate normal. After introducing the 3 to 1 splitter and adding 2 new fans today, my system sounds like it's about to take flight.

I've tried installing the SystemTemp plugin 2020.06.20

image.thumb.png.8824b6a9da065178d16ffb3420786eca.png

as well as Autofan 2020.06.21

image.thumb.png.cb2fb0899f58b1b4f19ace75662991ec.png

But i dont seem to have any progress slowing the fans down. Please help! I can't keep my server running at this dB level!

hey tjb, all my settings in there were from detect except the minutes to refresh which i set manually to '1'

I opened my rig open and tore all the fan connections apart and started testing things 1 by 1. It seems my issue was:

Noctua fans had a 4 pin connector

the 1 female to 3 male adapter had 4 pins or holes on each end

The 4 pin female end adapter was plugged in to sys_fan3 which only had 3 pins.

Under this setup i was trying to adjust the fan profiles in the bios but nothing worked, all the fans were only running at 1 spee: blast off.

I've learned for myself that the 4 pin fan's need 4 pins on the mobo or they will not get any directions. I moved both Noctua fans to the splitter with the 4 female holes into sys_fan1 which had 4 pins, and the 3 pin fans that came in the case from fractal are going straight to the 3 pin fans on the mobo.

Those noctua fans on full blast are no joke, but I'm finally able to hear myself think :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2021 at 4:07 PM, Marc_G2 said:

My server is set to go to sleep after an hour of inactivity.  But for some reason the S3 plugin is detecting activity on one of my cache drives every 30 minutes like clockwork.  This is a recent development so I though it may have been caused by a docker program after I moved the docker.img file to my cache.  But disabling the docker service didn't fix the issue.  

Does anyone have an idea about what keeps pinging my cache drive?

I'm having the same issue. I've disabled VMs and docker to ensure nothing will try to access the cache drive. Device activity monitoring is set to counters only. Looking at /proc/diskstats I can see there is a read on all disks in the cache pool and array (sdb, sdc, etc.) but none of the actual partitions (sdb1, sdc1, etc.) every ~28 minutes.

Edit: It turned out to be the SMART data polling. Changing poll_attributes in disk settings to something longer than the sleep delay solves the issue.

tower-diagnostics-20210509-1137.zip

Edited by Vulcestus
Solved the issue