Dynamix - V6 Plugins

It does indeed support TRIM, however, I don't believe it's supported by LSI, as it doesn't support the correct command. At least I had to replace mine with a PRO (which works fine).

I believe it doesn't support deterministic read after trim / read zero after trim.

http://www.win-raid.com/t1366f25-Nightmare-to-find-a-SSD-with-functional-TRIM-on-LSI-SAS.html

I knew TRIM didn't work for me with a LSI controller, didn't know it does work with some models, thanks for the link.

Hey guys, I desperately need your help with the S3 Sleep plugin.

My Setup looks like this:

• /dev/sda -> unraid boot stick [sandisk Ultra Fit 16GB]
  • /dev/sdb - sde -> Parity + 3 Data Disks
  • /dev/sdf -> Cache [120 GB SSD]

After waking up the server from sleep, USB changes from /dev/sda to /dev/sdg and the WebGUI is broken until I manually mount the stick with putty.

This problem repeats after another sleep & wakeup, than the new mountpoint ist /dev/sdh, so again I need to manually mount this from putty to get the WebGUI working again. This goes on and on....

How could I fix this problem ?

My Motherboard is MSI B150M ECO , if that helps.

After waking up the server from sleep, USB changes from /dev/sda to /dev/sdg and the WebGUI is broken until I manually mount the stick with putty.

This problem repeats after another sleep & wakeup, than the new mountpoint ist /dev/sdh, so again I need to manually mount this from putty to get the WebGUI working again. This goes on and on....

The first question always has to be - are you sure it works with your system?  S3 sleep is never guaranteed, requires compatible motherboard, software, and all devices, and it sounds like at least one of your USB controllers does not support it correctly.  You can try fiddling with the USB config in the BIOS, and you can try plugging your flash drive into a different controller, e.g front vs back, or an internal plug, etc.  Did it ever work for you before?

The first question always has to be - are you sure it works with your system?  S3 sleep is never guaranteed, requires compatible motherboard, software, and all devices, and it sounds like at least one of your USB controllers does not support it correctly.  You can try fiddling with the USB config in the BIOS, and you can try plugging your flash drive into a different controller, e.g front vs back, or an internal plug, etc.  Did it ever work for you before?

Here's the List from Tools / System Devices:

PCI Devices

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Sky Lake Host Bridge/DRAM Registers (rev 07)

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Device 1902 (rev 06)

00:08.0 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Sky Lake Gaussian Mixture Model

00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H USB 3.0 xHCI Controller (rev 31)

00:14.2 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H Thermal subsystem (rev 31)

00:15.0 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H LPSS I2C Controller #0 (rev 31)

00:15.1 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H LPSS I2C Controller #1 (rev 31)

00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H CSME HECI #1 (rev 31)

00:17.0 SATA controller: Intel Corporation Device a102 (rev 31)

00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H LPC Controller (rev 31)

00:1f.2 Memory controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H PMC (rev 31)

00:1f.4 SMBus: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H SMBus (rev 31)

00:1f.6 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V (rev 31)

IOMMU Groups

/sys/kernel/iommu_groups/0/devices/0000:00:00.0

/sys/kernel/iommu_groups/1/devices/0000:00:02.0

/sys/kernel/iommu_groups/2/devices/0000:00:08.0

/sys/kernel/iommu_groups/3/devices/0000:00:14.0

/sys/kernel/iommu_groups/3/devices/0000:00:14.2

/sys/kernel/iommu_groups/4/devices/0000:00:15.0

/sys/kernel/iommu_groups/4/devices/0000:00:15.1

/sys/kernel/iommu_groups/5/devices/0000:00:16.0

/sys/kernel/iommu_groups/6/devices/0000:00:17.0

/sys/kernel/iommu_groups/7/devices/0000:00:1f.0

/sys/kernel/iommu_groups/7/devices/0000:00:1f.2

/sys/kernel/iommu_groups/7/devices/0000:00:1f.4

/sys/kernel/iommu_groups/7/devices/0000:00:1f.6

USB Devices

Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0781:5583 SanDisk Corp.

Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub

Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

SCSI Devices

[0:0:0:0]    disk    SanDisk  Ultra Fit        1.00  /dev/sda <- this disappears after wakeup, and comes up new (see below)

[1:0:0:0]    disk    ATA      ADATA SP550      0C    /dev/sdb

[2:0:0:0]    disk    ATA      WDC WD30EFRX-68E 0A82  /dev/sdc

[3:0:0:0]    disk    ATA      WDC WD30EFRX-68E 0A82  /dev/sdd

[4:0:0:0]    disk    ATA      ST3000DM001-9YN1 CC4C  /dev/sde

[5:0:0:0]    disk    ATA      ST3000DM001-1CH1 CC44  /dev/sdf

[6:0:0:0]    disk    SanDisk  Ultra Fit        1.00  /dev/sdg <- this disappears again after second wakeup and comes up new (see below)

[7:0:0:0]    disk    SanDisk  Ultra Fit        1.00  /dev/sdh

That keeps going after every wakeup...

I found this line in the syslog :

kernel: ACPI: (supports S0 S3 S5)

I'm new to unRAID, switched from openmediavault. There worked everything fine, but the system was installed on a ssd not a usb thumb drive.

Maybe a little script, like searching for the usb drive after wakeup and mount it again, would help ?

It's working for others, without that issue, so I still lean toward the controller not handling it properly.  USB 3.0 ports and controllers have clearly been more problematic, so you may want to try a USB 2.0 port, or a USB 2.0 flash drive.

It's working for others, without that issue, so I still lean toward the controller not handling it properly.  USB 3.0 ports and controllers have clearly been more problematic, so you may want to try a USB 2.0 port, or a USB 2.0 flash drive.

I tried the USB 2.0 port and, as it seems, its working for now. After wakeup the USB is still on /dev/sda and the WebGUI is working without doing anything. Thanks for the hint.

As there was an update for the s3sleep plugin lately, I did it.

Then I noticed, that my server didn't shut down last night and when checking the plugin status it was inactive.

Is it possible to keep/restore the pre-update status of a plugin when the update is complete?

Not sure what happened. All settings - including running state - are retained after a upgrade.

• 2 weeks later...

@Bonienl, do you anticipate users who will eventually move from 6.1.9 to 6.2 Once it comes out of RC will have a smooth transition if we are using your (great) plugins? Are these targeted to also be compatible with 6.2?

I use most of the plugins into 6.2beta to RC. So far so good.

Hi, I'm a relatively new unRAID user, but to monitor my setup I decided to add the Dynamix System Statistics plugin (alongside some others) to ensure my server is running as it should be. Today I saw something a little odd on the Network graph (screenshot attached). As you can see the peaks show values above 200Gb/s. My network is two 1Gbit connections configured as bond for failover, and my internet connection is only 40Mb/10Mb so there is no way that level of network traffic should have been generated.

The server is an HP MicroServer Gen8 with 4x SATA HDD (3d,1p), 1xSATA SSD Cache.

If you need any more details please ask me but I'm curious how this stat anomaly has happened and would be happy to provide more details if this would help fix a possible problem.

Thanks

David

2016-07-17_21_26_50-DavidServer_Stats.png.99cd421222c87c6187b53dc047da5811.png

Hi I am having an issue with S3 sleep. As far as I can tell my motherboard supports it and is enabled in the bios but when I click the button nothing happens and I get an error in the console saying.

"/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.s3.sleep/scripts/s3_sleep: line 330: echo: write error: Invalid argument"

Any ideas am I doing something wrong or does my system just not like S3 if so any posability of S1 or S4 sleep?

MB Asrock E3C204-4L

Cpu Intel E3-1270 V2

Hi I am having an issue with S3 sleep. As far as I can tell my motherboard supports it and is enabled in the bios but when I click the button nothing happens and I get an error in the console saying.

"/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.s3.sleep/scripts/s3_sleep: line 330: echo: write error: Invalid argument"

Any ideas am I doing something wrong or does my system just not like S3 if so any posability of S1 or S4 sleep?

MB Asrock E3C204-4L

Cpu Intel E3-1270 V2

Can you post a screenshot of your settings.

• 2 weeks later...

SCSI Devices plug-in errors. My drives picked up as before so it is working.

first install: installed plug-in using URL. Commented out existing lines in Go file, rebooted.

awk: fatal cannot open file '/var/log/packages/dynamix.scsi.devices' for reading (no such file or directory)
chmod: missing operand after '644'

Tower login: basename: missing operand

SCSI Devices plug-in errors. My drives picked up as before so it is working.

first install: installed plug-in using URL. Commented out existing lines in Go file, rebooted.

awk: fatal cannot open file '/var/log/packages/dynamix.scsi.devices' for reading (no such file or directory)
chmod: missing operand after '644'

Tower login: basename: missing operand

You can ignore that warning. There are no files created hence the "missing" file message.

The settings in the GUI are fine. Does your BIOS have anything specific for S3 state (your attached pictures don't show that) ?

The error with line 330 refers to the script trying to set S3 sleep state

(echo -n mem >/sys/power/state)

, but somehow your system doesn't have the entry /sys/power/state.

The settings in the GUI are fine. Does your BIOS have anything specific for S3 state (your attached pictures don't show that) ?

The error with line 330 refers to the script trying to set S3 sleep state

(echo -n mem >/sys/power/state)

, but somehow your system doesn't have the entry /sys/power/state.

As far as I can tell the system does support S3 sleep I tried disabling deep sleep I get the same error the option suspend mode gives me the option to enable or disable I tried setting it to disabled still the same error. so I have no idea. https://gyazo.com/b149351d4712406123535b93d9e3909a

The manual mentions it in the led section about it blinking when in S3 sleep which makes it sound like it does support it I may have to contact the company and ask.

ftp://europe.asrock.com/Manual/E3C204-4L.pdf

Does 6.2 still have the issue with drive spin-up and spin-down mis-reporting after waking from sleep.  About to make the jump from 6.1.9 and have been using the following command after wake

for disknum in 0 `ls /dev/md* | sed "sX/dev/mdXX"`; do /usr/local/sbin/mdcmd spindown $disknum; done

just wondering if this is still required?