Dynamix - V6 Plugins


bonienl

Recommended Posts

Problem with Dynamix System Buttons using 6.9.0-rc1.

 

Tried to shutdown the system using the plugin.  It went through the process but the system never shut off.  (I ended up using the server power switch to force a power off!)  No parity check on restart so it was not an unclean shutdown.  Last line on the Console monitor was this:

 

reboot:  Power down

 

It has happened twice now.  Diagnostics file after restart attached.

rose-diagnostics-20201221-1051.zip

Link to comment
1 hour ago, trurl said:

Does that plugin still do anything useful? I haven't tried it in a very long time but there are already buttons on the Dashboard page for Stop, Reboot, Shutdown.

Just uninstalled the Dynamix System Buttons plugin.  Then tried to shut the server down from the Dashboard page and got the same result as with the plugin.  So I guess it is not the plugin alone that has a problem.  Not sure if it a general problem or something unique with my system.  Hope someone else will have a look at it... 

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2020 at 6:39 AM, Pixel5 said:

is there anything i can do on my side when the auto fan plugin doesnt detect any PWM controllers?

 

I know the system has one as every fan header supports PWM and each header can be controlled individually in the BIOS but this plugin doesnt see any sadly.

run sensors-detect from command line, the run modprobe to add the sensors that are detected, then the fan speed plugin will see the headers

Link to comment
2 hours ago, spl147 said:

run sensors-detect from command line, the run modprobe to add the sensors that are detected, then the fan speed plugin will see the headers

its only detecting a sensor shown as unknown device and core temp both of which dont really help me here.

Ive seen many others have the same issue with a driver that is missing for this it8686 chip but so far i didnt find any functional solution yet.

Link to comment

Does Dynamix System Temperature break the temp reporting of SSD's? After I installed it, my ssd's no longer report a temperature (understand that it's expected for ssd's to not necessarily report temp, but they were prior to installing System Temp). 

 

Also - I tried uninstalling System Temp, and now I don't see the native temp reporting in the dashboard. Is that expected?  I'm running 6.9.0-rc2.

 

 

Link to comment
23 hours ago, spl147 said:

run sensors-detect from command line, the run modprobe to add the sensors that are detected, then the fan speed plugin will see the headers

I can't run sensors-detect on this 6.9.0 rc 2 UnRAID as there seems to be no perl available. Any suggestions?

 

-- 

Chris

Link to comment

I've just this minute got that exact tip from @SpaceInvaderOne, logged in here to report it and saw your message. Many thanks. This really should be mentioned in the System Autofan plugin, shouldn't it?

 

-- 

Chris

Edited by bidmead
Link to comment

Ha! On the advice of @SpaceInvaderOne I've just installed the Dynamix Stats plugin, which has drawn my attention to an anomaly with my boot flash drive.

 

I hadn't noticed before that on the MAIN tab what is supposed to be a 16GB USB stick is reported as only having 2GB capacity. The Stats plugin seems to make this very clear.

 

Is this 16GB CruzerFit a fake? All suggestions welcome.

 

-- 

Chris

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

UnQNAP_Main-5.png

UnQNAP_Stats.png

Edited by bidmead
Link to comment
2 hours ago, bidmead said:

Ha! On the advice of @SpaceInvaderOne I've just installed the Dynamix Stats plugin, which has drawn my attention to an anomaly with my boot flash drive.

 

I hadn't noticed before that on the MAIN tab what is supposed to be a 16GB USB stick is reported as only having 2GB capacity. The Stats plugin seems to make this very clear.

 

Is this 16GB CruzerFit a fake? All suggestions welcome.

 

-- 

Chris

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

UnQNAP_Main-5.png

UnQNAP_Stats.png

If you back it up first, it should be easy enough to test by seeing if you can successfully write the expected amount of data to the drive and then also read it back intact.   If it IS a fake one of those steps will fail.

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Glasti said:

Rebooting with Dynamix System Buttons starts a parity check for me in 6.9 RC1. Is this normal/known?

I don't use that plugin since many of these buttons are already on the Dashboard page. Are you sure you don't have a problem with flash being read-only or disconnected? You get unclean shutdown if flash can't be written to update the started/stopped status of the array before shutting down.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Glasti said:

Rebooting with Dynamix System Buttons starts a parity check for me in 6.9 RC1. Is this normal/known?

I have not had the same problem with the System Buttons as you BUT I have observed that the Folding@Home docker does not shutdown (within the period of time that I waited).  In the case of this Docker (since it does not write to the array), there was a clean shutdown of the array (hence no parity check on restart) but it did require that I reboot the server manually to complete the reboot.  You might try stopping any Dockers before trying the button and see if that 'fixes' the problem.  (Of course, that would still leave a 'bug' to be resolved but the cause is now more isolated...)

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
23 hours ago, trurl said:

I don't use that plugin since many of these buttons are already on the Dashboard page. Are you sure you don't have a problem with flash being read-only or disconnected? You get unclean shutdown if flash can't be written to update the started/stopped status of the array before shutting down.

Shutting down or restarting from the dashboard works fine. Permissions is something I checked and confirmed after posting here.

I changed my usb to a Cruzer recently so I can not disconnect it as easily, by bumping against it when like moving my case a little. Something I have done in the passed accidentally with other usb sticks. 

 

23 hours ago, Frank1940 said:

I have not had the same problem with the System Buttons as you BUT I have observed that the Folding@Home docker does not shutdown (within the period of time that I waited).  In the case of this Docker (since it does not write to the array), there was a clean shutdown of the array (hence no parity check on restart) but it did require that I reboot the server manually to complete the reboot.  You might try stopping any Dockers before trying the button and see if that 'fixes' the problem.  (Of course, that would still leave a 'bug' to be resolved but the cause is now more isolated...)

I deleted the plugin for now. Don't have the time/feel like troubleshooting right now. When I have time it will be a fun little project to see if it's a docker issue. It's a good point, could very well be. 

Edited by Glasti
Link to comment
30 minutes ago, Glasti said:

Permissions is something I checked

I didn't really say anything about permissions. If flash has corruption Unraid will mount it read-only so no further damage is done. And that would prevent clean shutdown since the status couldn't be written.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment

I need some help where I should add the following for sensors.conf so I can detect more sensors from the NCT6683D chip.

options nct6683 force=1

 

echo "options nct6683 force=1" >> /etc/modprobe.d/sensors.conf

 

The above line is for Linux but I need to add it systemp plugin or UNRAID somwhere

 

I added it to /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf but it is not persistent after reboot.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.