Dynamix - V6 Plugins


bonienl

3084 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, mikeyosm said:

Anyone with issues loading their sensor module and/or missing sensors for their motherboard, please read....

 

I have a Z490 Asrock ITX/TB3 board and have been battling for months trying to get the sensors to display in systemp plugin.

I have finally found a way to do it for the NCT6683 sensor chip.

 

I created a user script using the excellent plugin that contains the following at array startup-

 

modprobe -r nct6683

modprobe nct6683 force=1

 

The 1st line unloads the module.

The 2nd line loads the module using the 'force' option.

 

Now on every reboot of UNRAID i have full sensors from both coretemp and nct6683.

mikeyosm, I'm a bit new to unraid and all of this, would you mind going into more detail about how you created the user script and where? I understand the 2 lines in the script (roughly), but I don't know how to create the user script.

 

Thanks! 

Link to post
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It has been some time since I visited the Unraid forums. Due to health issues I had to take a break, and unfortunately this break took way longer than anticipated. But I am back and will sta

Notice: You must be running unRAID version 6.1 or later to use these plugins The easiest way of installing plugins is thru Community Applications. This is an apps installation manager develope

Today has been a productive day   I have updated several Dynamix plugins, mainly bug fixes. Please check your plugins to get the updates.

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Hkup859 said:

mikeyosm, I'm a bit new to unraid and all of this, would you mind going into more detail about how you created the user script and where? I understand the 2 lines in the script (roughly), but I don't know how to create the user script.

 

Thanks! 

I downloaded the plugin

image.png.23ae785fef0e8716185714c0f1f965d9.png

 

then set up a script like this...

 

image.thumb.png.6e3abea7df6f75e86c51f05ce58acfe8.png

 

with the script contents

 

#!/bin/bash
modprobe -r nct6683
modprobe nct6683 force=1

Link to post
9 minutes ago, mikeyosm said:

I downloaded the plugin

image.png.23ae785fef0e8716185714c0f1f965d9.png

 

then set up a script like this...

 

image.thumb.png.6e3abea7df6f75e86c51f05ce58acfe8.png

 

with the script contents

 

#!/bin/bash
modprobe -r nct6683
modprobe nct6683 force=1

Assuming I did everything right, it didn't seem to work for me. Here's what I did:

 

1. Downloaded the plugin

2. Created modprobe script, but with nct6775 instead of nct6683 because that's what the dynamix system temp plugin detected for me.

3. Set the script to run at array startup

4. Stopped the array

5. Started the array.

 

When I went back to the dynamic system temp plugin it still didn't give me any sensors to choose from.

 

I guess my question(s) would be, do I need to use nct6683? Dynamix System Temp shows "k10temp nct6775" for me, do I need to do both in the script?

 

Like I said, I'm new to this, so I appreciate your help.

Link to post
5 minutes ago, Hkup859 said:

Assuming I did everything right, it didn't seem to work for me. Here's what I did:

 

1. Downloaded the plugin

2. Created modprobe script, but with nct6775 instead of nct6683 because that's what the dynamix system temp plugin detected for me.

3. Set the script to run at array startup

4. Stopped the array

5. Started the array.

 

When I went back to the dynamic system temp plugin it still didn't give me any sensors to choose from.

 

I guess my question(s) would be, do I need to use nct6683? Dynamix System Temp shows "k10temp nct6775" for me, do I need to do both in the script?

 

Like I said, I'm new to this, so I appreciate your help.

please post modprobe nct6775, sensors-detect and sensors output

 

Link to post
17 minutes ago, mikeyosm said:

please post modprobe nct6775, sensors-detect and sensors output

 

Here are the results from running those commands:
modprobe nct6775:

modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'nct6775': No such device

 

sensors-detect:

# sensors-detect version 3.6.0
# System: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. MS-7C35 [2.0]
# Board: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. MEG X570 UNIFY (MS-7C35)
# Kernel: 4.19.107-Unraid x86_64
# Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16-Core Processor (23/113/0)

This program will help you determine which kernel modules you need
to load to use lm_sensors most effectively. It is generally safe
and recommended to accept the default answers to all questions,
unless you know what you're doing.

Some south bridges, CPUs or memory controllers contain embedded sensors.
Do you want to scan for them? This is totally safe. (YES/no): y
Silicon Integrated Systems SIS5595...                       No
VIA VT82C686 Integrated Sensors...                          No
VIA VT8231 Integrated Sensors...                            No
AMD K8 thermal sensors...                                   No
AMD Family 10h thermal sensors...                           No
AMD Family 11h thermal sensors...                           No
AMD Family 12h and 14h thermal sensors...                   No
AMD Family 15h thermal sensors...                           No
AMD Family 16h thermal sensors...                           No
AMD Family 17h thermal sensors...                           Success!
    (driver `k10temp')
AMD Family 15h power sensors...                             No
AMD Family 16h power sensors...                             No
Hygon Family 18h thermal sensors...                         No
Intel digital thermal sensor...                             No
Intel AMB FB-DIMM thermal sensor...                         No
Intel 5500/5520/X58 thermal sensor...                       No
VIA C7 thermal sensor...                                    No
VIA Nano thermal sensor...                                  No

Some Super I/O chips contain embedded sensors. We have to write to
standard I/O ports to probe them. This is usually safe.
Do you want to scan for Super I/O sensors? (YES/no): y
Probing for Super-I/O at 0x2e/0x2f
Trying family `National Semiconductor/ITE'...               No
Trying family `SMSC'...                                     No
Trying family `VIA/Winbond/Nuvoton/Fintek'...               No
Trying family `ITE'...                                      No
Probing for Super-I/O at 0x4e/0x4f
Trying family `National Semiconductor/ITE'...               No
Trying family `SMSC'...                                     No
Trying family `VIA/Winbond/Nuvoton/Fintek'...               Yes
Found `Nuvoton NCT6797D Super IO Sensors'                   Success!
    (address 0xa20, driver `nct6775')

Some systems (mainly servers) implement IPMI, a set of common interfaces
through which system health data may be retrieved, amongst other things.
We first try to get the information from SMBIOS. If we don't find it
there, we have to read from arbitrary I/O ports to probe for such
interfaces. This is normally safe. Do you want to scan for IPMI
interfaces? (YES/no): y
Probing for `IPMI BMC KCS' at 0xca0...                      No
Probing for `IPMI BMC SMIC' at 0xca8...                     No

Some hardware monitoring chips are accessible through the ISA I/O ports.
We have to write to arbitrary I/O ports to probe them. This is usually
safe though. Yes, you do have ISA I/O ports even if you do not have any
ISA slots! Do you want to scan the ISA I/O ports? (yes/NO): y
Probing for `National Semiconductor LM78' at 0x290...       No
Probing for `National Semiconductor LM79' at 0x290...       No
Probing for `Winbond W83781D' at 0x290...                   No
Probing for `Winbond W83782D' at 0x290...                   No

Lastly, we can probe the I2C/SMBus adapters for connected hardware
monitoring devices. This is the most risky part, and while it works
reasonably well on most systems, it has been reported to cause trouble
on some systems.
Do you want to probe the I2C/SMBus adapters now? (YES/no): y
Using driver `i2c-piix4' for device 0000:00:14.0: AMD KERNCZ SMBus
Module i2c-dev loaded successfully.

Next adapter: SMBus PIIX4 adapter port 0 at 0b00 (i2c-0)
Do you want to scan it? (yes/NO/selectively): y
Client found at address 0x29
Probing for `National Semiconductor LM78'...                No
Probing for `National Semiconductor LM79'...                No
Probing for `National Semiconductor LM80'...                No
Probing for `National Semiconductor LM96080'...             No
Probing for `Winbond W83781D'...                            No
Probing for `Winbond W83782D'...                            No
Probing for `Nuvoton NCT7802Y'...                           No
Probing for `Winbond W83627HF'...                           No
Probing for `Winbond W83627EHF'...                          No
Probing for `Winbond W83627DHG/W83667HG/W83677HG'...        No
Probing for `Asus AS99127F (rev.1)'...                      No
Probing for `Asus AS99127F (rev.2)'...                      No
Probing for `Asus ASB100 Bach'...                           No
Probing for `Analog Devices ADM1021'...                     No
Probing for `Analog Devices ADM1021A/ADM1023'...            No
Probing for `Maxim MAX1617'...                              No
Probing for `Maxim MAX1617A'...                             No
Probing for `Maxim MAX1668'...                              No
Probing for `Maxim MAX1805'...                              No
Probing for `Maxim MAX1989'...                              No
Probing for `Maxim MAX6655/MAX6656'...                      No
Probing for `TI THMC10'...                                  No
Probing for `National Semiconductor LM84'...                No
Probing for `Genesys Logic GL523SM'...                      No
Probing for `Onsemi MC1066'...                              No
Probing for `Maxim MAX1618'...                              No
Probing for `Maxim MAX1619'...                              No
Probing for `National Semiconductor LM82/LM83'...           No
Probing for `Maxim MAX6654'...                              No
Probing for `Maxim MAX6690'...                              No
Probing for `Maxim MAX6680/MAX6681'...                      No
Probing for `Maxim MAX6695/MAX6696'...                      No
Probing for `Texas Instruments TMP400'...                   No
Probing for `National Semiconductor LM95235'...             No
Probing for `National Semiconductor LM95245'...             No
Probing for `Analog Devices ADM1029'...                     No
Probing for `ITE IT8712F'...                                No
Probing for `SMSC EMC1402'...                               No
Probing for `SMSC EMC1403'...                               No
Probing for `SMSC EMC1404'...                               No
Client found at address 0x4a
Probing for `National Semiconductor LM75'...                No
Probing for `National Semiconductor LM75A'...               No
Probing for `Dallas Semiconductor DS75'...                  No
Probing for `National Semiconductor LM77'...                No
Probing for `Analog Devices ADT7410/ADT7420'...             No
Probing for `Analog Devices ADT7411'...                     No
Probing for `Maxim MAX6642'...                              No
Probing for `Texas Instruments TMP435'...                   No
Probing for `National Semiconductor LM73'...                No
Probing for `National Semiconductor LM92'...                No
Probing for `National Semiconductor LM76'...                No
Probing for `Maxim MAX6633/MAX6634/MAX6635'...              No
Probing for `NXP/Philips SA56004'...                        No
Client found at address 0x52
Probing for `Analog Devices ADM1033'...                     No
Probing for `Analog Devices ADM1034'...                     No
Probing for `SPD EEPROM'...                                 Yes
    (confidence 8, not a hardware monitoring chip)
Client found at address 0x53
Probing for `Analog Devices ADM1033'...                     No
Probing for `Analog Devices ADM1034'...                     No
Probing for `SPD EEPROM'...                                 Yes
    (confidence 8, not a hardware monitoring chip)

Next adapter: SMBus PIIX4 adapter port 2 at 0b00 (i2c-1)
Do you want to scan it? (yes/NO/selectively): y

Next adapter: SMBus PIIX4 adapter port 3 at 0b00 (i2c-2)
Do you want to scan it? (yes/NO/selectively): y

Next adapter: SMBus PIIX4 adapter port 4 at 0b00 (i2c-3)
Do you want to scan it? (yes/NO/selectively): y


Now follows a summary of the probes I have just done.
Just press ENTER to continue: 

Driver `k10temp':
  * Chip `AMD Family 17h thermal sensors' (confidence: 9)

Driver `nct6775':
  * ISA bus, address 0xa20
    Chip `Nuvoton NCT6797D Super IO Sensors' (confidence: 9)

Do you want to overwrite /etc/sysconfig/lm_sensors? (YES/no): y
Copy prog/init/lm_sensors.init to /etc/init.d/lm_sensors
for initialization at boot time.
You should now start the lm_sensors service to load the required
kernel modules.

Unloading i2c-dev... OK

sensors:

No sensors found!
Make sure you loaded all the kernel drivers you need.
Try sensors-detect to find out which these are.

 

Link to post
1 hour ago, Hkup859 said:

Here are the results from running those commands:
modprobe nct6775:


modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'nct6775': No such device

 

sensors-detect:


# sensors-detect version 3.6.0
# System: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. MS-7C35 [2.0]
# Board: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. MEG X570 UNIFY (MS-7C35)
# Kernel: 4.19.107-Unraid x86_64
# Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16-Core Processor (23/113/0)

This program will help you determine which kernel modules you need
to load to use lm_sensors most effectively. It is generally safe
and recommended to accept the default answers to all questions,
unless you know what you're doing.

Some south bridges, CPUs or memory controllers contain embedded sensors.
Do you want to scan for them? This is totally safe. (YES/no): y
Silicon Integrated Systems SIS5595...                       No
VIA VT82C686 Integrated Sensors...                          No
VIA VT8231 Integrated Sensors...                            No
AMD K8 thermal sensors...                                   No
AMD Family 10h thermal sensors...                           No
AMD Family 11h thermal sensors...                           No
AMD Family 12h and 14h thermal sensors...                   No
AMD Family 15h thermal sensors...                           No
AMD Family 16h thermal sensors...                           No
AMD Family 17h thermal sensors...                           Success!
    (driver `k10temp')
AMD Family 15h power sensors...                             No
AMD Family 16h power sensors...                             No
Hygon Family 18h thermal sensors...                         No
Intel digital thermal sensor...                             No
Intel AMB FB-DIMM thermal sensor...                         No
Intel 5500/5520/X58 thermal sensor...                       No
VIA C7 thermal sensor...                                    No
VIA Nano thermal sensor...                                  No

Some Super I/O chips contain embedded sensors. We have to write to
standard I/O ports to probe them. This is usually safe.
Do you want to scan for Super I/O sensors? (YES/no): y
Probing for Super-I/O at 0x2e/0x2f
Trying family `National Semiconductor/ITE'...               No
Trying family `SMSC'...                                     No
Trying family `VIA/Winbond/Nuvoton/Fintek'...               No
Trying family `ITE'...                                      No
Probing for Super-I/O at 0x4e/0x4f
Trying family `National Semiconductor/ITE'...               No
Trying family `SMSC'...                                     No
Trying family `VIA/Winbond/Nuvoton/Fintek'...               Yes
Found `Nuvoton NCT6797D Super IO Sensors'                   Success!
    (address 0xa20, driver `nct6775')

Some systems (mainly servers) implement IPMI, a set of common interfaces
through which system health data may be retrieved, amongst other things.
We first try to get the information from SMBIOS. If we don't find it
there, we have to read from arbitrary I/O ports to probe for such
interfaces. This is normally safe. Do you want to scan for IPMI
interfaces? (YES/no): y
Probing for `IPMI BMC KCS' at 0xca0...                      No
Probing for `IPMI BMC SMIC' at 0xca8...                     No

Some hardware monitoring chips are accessible through the ISA I/O ports.
We have to write to arbitrary I/O ports to probe them. This is usually
safe though. Yes, you do have ISA I/O ports even if you do not have any
ISA slots! Do you want to scan the ISA I/O ports? (yes/NO): y
Probing for `National Semiconductor LM78' at 0x290...       No
Probing for `National Semiconductor LM79' at 0x290...       No
Probing for `Winbond W83781D' at 0x290...                   No
Probing for `Winbond W83782D' at 0x290...                   No

Lastly, we can probe the I2C/SMBus adapters for connected hardware
monitoring devices. This is the most risky part, and while it works
reasonably well on most systems, it has been reported to cause trouble
on some systems.
Do you want to probe the I2C/SMBus adapters now? (YES/no): y
Using driver `i2c-piix4' for device 0000:00:14.0: AMD KERNCZ SMBus
Module i2c-dev loaded successfully.

Next adapter: SMBus PIIX4 adapter port 0 at 0b00 (i2c-0)
Do you want to scan it? (yes/NO/selectively): y
Client found at address 0x29
Probing for `National Semiconductor LM78'...                No
Probing for `National Semiconductor LM79'...                No
Probing for `National Semiconductor LM80'...                No
Probing for `National Semiconductor LM96080'...             No
Probing for `Winbond W83781D'...                            No
Probing for `Winbond W83782D'...                            No
Probing for `Nuvoton NCT7802Y'...                           No
Probing for `Winbond W83627HF'...                           No
Probing for `Winbond W83627EHF'...                          No
Probing for `Winbond W83627DHG/W83667HG/W83677HG'...        No
Probing for `Asus AS99127F (rev.1)'...                      No
Probing for `Asus AS99127F (rev.2)'...                      No
Probing for `Asus ASB100 Bach'...                           No
Probing for `Analog Devices ADM1021'...                     No
Probing for `Analog Devices ADM1021A/ADM1023'...            No
Probing for `Maxim MAX1617'...                              No
Probing for `Maxim MAX1617A'...                             No
Probing for `Maxim MAX1668'...                              No
Probing for `Maxim MAX1805'...                              No
Probing for `Maxim MAX1989'...                              No
Probing for `Maxim MAX6655/MAX6656'...                      No
Probing for `TI THMC10'...                                  No
Probing for `National Semiconductor LM84'...                No
Probing for `Genesys Logic GL523SM'...                      No
Probing for `Onsemi MC1066'...                              No
Probing for `Maxim MAX1618'...                              No
Probing for `Maxim MAX1619'...                              No
Probing for `National Semiconductor LM82/LM83'...           No
Probing for `Maxim MAX6654'...                              No
Probing for `Maxim MAX6690'...                              No
Probing for `Maxim MAX6680/MAX6681'...                      No
Probing for `Maxim MAX6695/MAX6696'...                      No
Probing for `Texas Instruments TMP400'...                   No
Probing for `National Semiconductor LM95235'...             No
Probing for `National Semiconductor LM95245'...             No
Probing for `Analog Devices ADM1029'...                     No
Probing for `ITE IT8712F'...                                No
Probing for `SMSC EMC1402'...                               No
Probing for `SMSC EMC1403'...                               No
Probing for `SMSC EMC1404'...                               No
Client found at address 0x4a
Probing for `National Semiconductor LM75'...                No
Probing for `National Semiconductor LM75A'...               No
Probing for `Dallas Semiconductor DS75'...                  No
Probing for `National Semiconductor LM77'...                No
Probing for `Analog Devices ADT7410/ADT7420'...             No
Probing for `Analog Devices ADT7411'...                     No
Probing for `Maxim MAX6642'...                              No
Probing for `Texas Instruments TMP435'...                   No
Probing for `National Semiconductor LM73'...                No
Probing for `National Semiconductor LM92'...                No
Probing for `National Semiconductor LM76'...                No
Probing for `Maxim MAX6633/MAX6634/MAX6635'...              No
Probing for `NXP/Philips SA56004'...                        No
Client found at address 0x52
Probing for `Analog Devices ADM1033'...                     No
Probing for `Analog Devices ADM1034'...                     No
Probing for `SPD EEPROM'...                                 Yes
    (confidence 8, not a hardware monitoring chip)
Client found at address 0x53
Probing for `Analog Devices ADM1033'...                     No
Probing for `Analog Devices ADM1034'...                     No
Probing for `SPD EEPROM'...                                 Yes
    (confidence 8, not a hardware monitoring chip)

Next adapter: SMBus PIIX4 adapter port 2 at 0b00 (i2c-1)
Do you want to scan it? (yes/NO/selectively): y

Next adapter: SMBus PIIX4 adapter port 3 at 0b00 (i2c-2)
Do you want to scan it? (yes/NO/selectively): y

Next adapter: SMBus PIIX4 adapter port 4 at 0b00 (i2c-3)
Do you want to scan it? (yes/NO/selectively): y


Now follows a summary of the probes I have just done.
Just press ENTER to continue: 

Driver `k10temp':
  * Chip `AMD Family 17h thermal sensors' (confidence: 9)

Driver `nct6775':
  * ISA bus, address 0xa20
    Chip `Nuvoton NCT6797D Super IO Sensors' (confidence: 9)

Do you want to overwrite /etc/sysconfig/lm_sensors? (YES/no): y
Copy prog/init/lm_sensors.init to /etc/init.d/lm_sensors
for initialization at boot time.
You should now start the lm_sensors service to load the required
kernel modules.

Unloading i2c-dev... OK

sensors:


No sensors found!
Make sure you loaded all the kernel drivers you need.
Try sensors-detect to find out which these are.

 

version of UNRAID?

Link to post
18 minutes ago, mikeyosm said:

try 6.9rc2 - newer linux kernel supports more mobo's

That did the trick! I now see a list of sensors in the dynamix system temp plug in. Thank you very much for your help!

 

If you don't mind helping with one more thing. There's a lot of sensors here and I only understand what a few are. Which ones should I use for cpu and motherboard temperature monitoring? 

 

Thanks again for your help! 

Screenshot_20210108-122401_Brave.png

Screenshot_20210108-122407_Brave.png

Link to post
12 minutes ago, Hkup859 said:

That did the trick! I now see a list of sensors in the dynamix system temp plug in. Thank you very much for your help!

 

If you don't mind helping with one more thing. There's a lot of sensors here and I only understand what a few are. Which ones should I use for cpu and motherboard temperature monitoring? 

 

Thanks again for your help! 

Screenshot_20210108-122401_Brave.png

Screenshot_20210108-122407_Brave.png

https://www.linux.com/topic/desktop/advanced-lm-sensors-tips-and-tricks-linux-0/

Take a look at that, should help.

Link to post
On 1/8/2021 at 12:01 PM, mikeyosm said:

I'm getting permission denied in autofan plugin.... Any ideas why? The plugin is detecting my sensor chip nct6683 OK.

 

<br /><b>Warning</b>:  file_get_contents(/sys/devices/platform/nct6683.2592/hwmon/hwmon3/pwm1_enable): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php</b> on line <b>40</b><br /><br /><b>Warning</b>:  file_put_contents(/sys/devices/platform/nct6683.2592/hwmon/hwmon3/pwm1_enable): failed to open stream: Permission denied in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php</b> on line <b>42</b><br /><br /><b>Warning</b>:  file_put_contents(/sys/devices/platform/nct6683.2592/hwmon/hwmon3/pwm1): failed to open stream: Permission denied in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php</b> on line <b>43</b><br /><br /><b>Warning</b>:  file_put_contents(/sys/devices/platform/nct6683.2592/hwmon/hwmon3/pwm1): failed to open stream: Permission denied in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php</b> on line <b>46</b><br /><br /><b>Warning</b>:  file_put_contents(/sys/devices/platform/nct6683.2592/hwmon/hwmon3/pwm1): failed to open stream: Permission denied in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php</b> on line <b>49</b><br /><br /><b>Warning</b>:  file_put_contents(/sys/devices/platform/nct6683.2592/hwmon/hwmon3/pwm1_enable): failed to open stream: Permission denied in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php</b> on line <b>50</b><br />/sys/devices/platform/nct6683.2592/hwmon/hwmon3/fan2_input

 

image.thumb.png.e7d608f22b72dbbe07455aa39a24de44.png

Does anyone know what the issue might be please?

Link to post

Hi folks,


I ended up inadvertently running into an issue with the fan speed plugin over the weekend that I thought might be important to report. It's worth pointing out that the fan plugin worked perfectly for several months. My motherboard is a Supermicro C9Z390-PGW, the driver loaded is coretemp nct6775.

I've been putting off a BIOS update for several months, so I finally took the time to shut the server down and take care of it. After booting everything back up, I discovered that the UnRAID GUI would stop working (crash) a few seconds after the boot process finished. Docker, VMs, network shares, etc., all continued working, and only the GUI would crash. Digging through the logs, I traced the problem back to the auto fan plugin. It seems that, for some reason, the plugin was causing the GUI to crash. I managed to remove the plugin using the console, and after doing so, the GUI started up again. I suspect that the BIOS update somehow changed the path to a hardware resource that the plugin didn't correctly handle.

 

I'm not sure what the scripts that make up the plugin look like, but it might be worth adding a check at start-up to handle any exceptions that might be thrown if allocated resources are missing. The plugin worked as expected after re-installation.

 

I hope this helps!

Edited by juchong
Link to post

Hello, everyone. I have a problem that was caused by the system temp plugin (I think). 

  • Motherboard: Supermicro X8DTL-6F
  • CPU: Dual Intel Xeon X5680
  • Unraid version: Latest stable (6.8, I think)

I installed this plugin almost two years ago and it worked great. About a year ago, it stopped working. I tried to re-detecting the drivers (it found one) and I was able to get the CPU temp to show, but my motherboard was now showing a negative number and I could no longer see any fan stats.

 

Today, I tried to fix this issue. I did some Googling and I came across this article in the unraid wiki. I followed the steps in the "older versions" (at the time, I thought this meant older hardware. I now know this means older unraid version) and after completing step 7, I logged into the GUI with my phone (I did the steps before while using a monitor and keyboard connected directly to the server) and tried to load the drivers. I clicked on detect and it pulled in 5 different drivers (coretemp, i5500_temp, jc42, w83627ehf, and w83795). I clicked on save and then tried to select the sensors from the drop-down menus. While I was doing this, the page tried to load and failed. I went back to the keyboard and mouse and tried pressing enter to get a response, but the system was frozen. 

 

I reset the server using the reset button on the front of my case and let it boot. I logged into the GUI again and it froze while trying to load the dashboard. I shut down the server by holding the power button on the front of the case and then turned it back on. I logged into the GUI again and I was able to get to the settings page, and then it froze again. At this point, I shut the server back down and I pulled the flash drive. I put it into my laptop to view the most recently modified files. 

 

This is where I stand now. Can someone offer some assistance, please? I would really like to not lose all of my data. I can pull information from the flash drive and upload here if it will be helpful, but I don't know what to even upload. Since the system locks up, I cant really pull the logs either. Please help!

 

Edit: Brief update. I decided to power up the server amd take a look in the BIOS for any leads. When I load into the BIOS, it is very slow and gets to the point where it becomes unresponsive. I am going to try and re-flash the BIOS and see what happens. 

Edited by Richamc01
Update
Link to post

Is there a way to get the Auto Fan Control plugin to ignore unassigned device drives? I have an SSD there which runs hotter than the regular mechanical drives so the fan is spinning at a higher RPM than I need.

Link to post
6 hours ago, remati said:

Is there a way to get the Auto Fan Control plugin to ignore unassigned device drives? I have an SSD there which runs hotter than the regular mechanical drives so the fan is spinning at a higher RPM than I need.

if the UAD devices are not in the dropdown list to exclude prolly not

Link to post

may again a general question, after playing around and asking here, its only to control via hdd temps, ok.

 

Now, when i disabled now all fan controls in the plugin and uninstalled it, possible that the fans are still runing in the last state this plugin had ? and not using the default bios values ...

 

Do i need to reboot the server to drop it for real ? or may missed something ?

Link to post

Hello, I have a problem with the sleep plugin.
My server just won't sleep either manually or automatic.
This is what my log says:
 

Jan 18 21:35:29 Tower s3_sleep: Enter sleep mode
Jan 18 21:35:29 Tower s3_sleep: Enter sleep state now
Jan 18 21:35:29 Tower kernel: PM: suspend entry (deep)
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: PM: Syncing filesystems ... done.
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: Freezing user space processes ...
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: Freezing of tasks failed after 20.005 seconds (1 tasks refusing to freeze, wq_busy=0):
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: find D 0 18764 18763 0x00000004
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: Call Trace:
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: ? __schedule+0x4ef/0x548
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: schedule+0x65/0x6e
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: request_wait_answer+0xec/0x1d4
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: ? wait_woken+0x6a/0x6a
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: __fuse_request_send+0x78/0x7e
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: fuse_readdir+0x16f/0x5af
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: ? cp_new_stat+0x14b/0x17a
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: iterate_dir+0x9a/0x12e
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: ksys_getdents64+0x8e/0x106
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: ? compat_filldir+0x102/0x102
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: __x64_sys_getdents64+0x11/0x14
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: do_syscall_64+0x57/0xf2
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x44/0xa9
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: RIP: 0033:0x152610072047
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: Code: Bad RIP value.
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: RSP: 002b:00007ffd96b18fa8 EFLAGS: 00000293 ORIG_RAX: 00000000000000d9
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 0000000000455b00 RCX: 0000152610072047
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: RDX: 0000000000008000 RSI: 0000000000455b00 RDI: 0000000000000006
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: RBP: ffffffffffffff80 R08: 0000000000000030 R09: 0000000000000001
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: R10: 0000000000000100 R11: 0000000000000293 R12: 0000000000455ad4
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: R13: 0000000000000000 R14: 0000000000455ad0 R15: 0000000000449ed0
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: OOM killer enabled.
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: Restarting tasks ... done.
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: PM: suspend exit
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower s3_sleep: Wake-up now
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower s3_sleep: Wake-up from sleep mode

There is a task that refuses to sleep but how do I know which task it is?

 

Link to post
On 1/19/2021 at 7:41 AM, abra8c said:

Hello, I have a problem with the sleep plugin.
My server just won't sleep either manually or automatic.
This is what my log says:
 


Jan 18 21:35:29 Tower s3_sleep: Enter sleep mode
Jan 18 21:35:29 Tower s3_sleep: Enter sleep state now
Jan 18 21:35:29 Tower kernel: PM: suspend entry (deep)
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: PM: Syncing filesystems ... done.
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: Freezing user space processes ...
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: Freezing of tasks failed after 20.005 seconds (1 tasks refusing to freeze, wq_busy=0):
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: find D 0 18764 18763 0x00000004
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: Call Trace:
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: ? __schedule+0x4ef/0x548
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: schedule+0x65/0x6e
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: request_wait_answer+0xec/0x1d4
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: ? wait_woken+0x6a/0x6a
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: __fuse_request_send+0x78/0x7e
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: fuse_readdir+0x16f/0x5af
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: ? cp_new_stat+0x14b/0x17a
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: iterate_dir+0x9a/0x12e
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: ksys_getdents64+0x8e/0x106
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: ? compat_filldir+0x102/0x102
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: __x64_sys_getdents64+0x11/0x14
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: do_syscall_64+0x57/0xf2
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x44/0xa9
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: RIP: 0033:0x152610072047
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: Code: Bad RIP value.
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: RSP: 002b:00007ffd96b18fa8 EFLAGS: 00000293 ORIG_RAX: 00000000000000d9
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 0000000000455b00 RCX: 0000152610072047
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: RDX: 0000000000008000 RSI: 0000000000455b00 RDI: 0000000000000006
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: RBP: ffffffffffffff80 R08: 0000000000000030 R09: 0000000000000001
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: R10: 0000000000000100 R11: 0000000000000293 R12: 0000000000455ad4
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: R13: 0000000000000000 R14: 0000000000455ad0 R15: 0000000000449ed0
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: OOM killer enabled.
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: Restarting tasks ... done.
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower kernel: PM: suspend exit
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower s3_sleep: Wake-up now
Jan 18 21:35:49 Tower s3_sleep: Wake-up from sleep mode

There is a task that refuses to sleep but how do I know which task it is?

 

I have fixed it, the dynamix cach dir plugin has caused this problem.

Link to post
On 1/18/2021 at 10:40 PM, alturismo said:

may again a general question, after playing around and asking here, its only to control via hdd temps, ok.

 

Now, when i disabled now all fan controls in the plugin and uninstalled it, possible that the fans are still runing in the last state this plugin had ? and not using the default bios values ...

 

Do i need to reboot the server to drop it for real ? or may missed something ?

Yes you need to reboot so the BIOS can take control of the fans again. 

 

Link to post
6 hours ago, exist2resist said:

Yes you need to reboot so the BIOS can take control of the fans again. 

 

i figured it meanwhile and rebooted, after trying with a sleep which ended up in a bad crash after wake, but i guess was too much sleep while running VM's and so on ... ;)

Link to post

Thanks for all the hard work and great plugins!

 

I just upgraded my mobo to something that supports fan control. I have been setting up autofan and really like this, I did have a few suggestions that would make setup much easier.

 

1: It would be really nice if it could display the RPM of the selected fan in real time once selected in the menu. Makes it easier to identify which fan it is controlling.

 

2: Once the fan is identified, it would be REALLY nice to be able to label the fan in both speedfan and system temp.

 

3: Allow for the temp sensor to be selected so you can control off of more then just the drive temps. For example I have a 10GB nic that likes to overheat when used heavily and reports temps in unraid, it would be nice to ramp the fan that blows on it up when needed instead of having to keep it high.

Link to post

Hello - I'm new to unraid and just getting everything setup. How do I know which of the various listed line items represents my "mainboard temperature"? Is it AUXTIN3, PECI Agent 0 or something else? I had to reboot to get the "coretemp" ones listed, otherwise when I installed the app it only showed CPUTIN, AUXTIN3 and PECI Agent O

 

image.png.44ee1764325a604d151228e03640c419.png

 

Edit: when I check my motherboard, it shows CPU as ~32C and motherboard as ~39C so I assume AUXTIN3 is the motherboard. I have my BIOS chassis (i.e. HDD) fan curves set to monitor the motherboard temperature. Should I change this to monitor the CPU temperature? Is there a way to have the fans monitor individual hard drives instead?

Edited by DrivePool9015
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.