Dynamix - V6 Plugins

bonienl

Question re Dynamix Auto Fan Control

Any chance this could be updated to allow linking a specific fan control with a different sensor?

On QNAP devices, the bios fan control isn't working well, so I need a way to control the CPU fan based on either the coretemp CPU sensor or a combination of sensors - all of which are possible with pwmconfig and fancontrol, but these can't be easily controlled in Unraid.

For the moment I've set a minimum PWM level so the fans never go below a level that lets the CPU heat up too much, but "Auto" would be nice to have.

Thanks,

Shane.

Edited by shanelord
On 4/1/2024 at 12:38 AM, ChillZwix said:

It has been working just fine for many years. But I was so stupid to reinstall it cuz of another problem I tried to find.

Now when I click detect, its find the driver, and then I can see the list of sensors, I chose 1 for cpu and 1 for MB, then click apply, then I it just change to Not Used, and the list is no more. I need to reintall and reboot to get the list back, but the same keep happon.

Any idea?

tempp.png

After clicking APPLY

temp.png

Same here. new B760M with I5-13500K CPU. just cant get it to work.

• Confused 1
On 11/4/2023 at 6:10 AM, prophetic-honour1787 said:

Greetings.

I am attempting to get the System Temp and System Autofan to work for my ASUS Prime B450M motherboard. The program appears to be able to detect my CPU and SSD probes, but the MOBO temperature and fan controller is not appearing. I have tried to read through the topic in this rather dense form as well as I can but am hitting a barrier.

Running

sensors-detect

yields the following

Now follows a summary of the probes I have just done.
Just press ENTER to continue: y

Driver `to-be-written':
  * ISA bus, address 0x290
    Chip `ITE IT8655E Super IO Sensors' (confidence: 9)

Driver `k10temp' (autoloaded):
  * Chip `AMD Family 17h thermal sensors' (confidence: 9)

Note: there is no driver for ITE IT8655E Super IO Sensors yet.
Check https://hwmon.wiki.kernel.org/device_support_status for updates.

No modules to load, skipping modules configuration.

While it says that the IT8655E has no driver, I found a post in this thread showing that the it87 driver actually does support that chip. So I placed it87 and k10temp as lines in the drver.conf on the boot device for this plugin and now it87 & k10temp both show up under available drivers.

Unfortunately still no results for the fan controller or MOBO temperature. I also tried running this in the terminal

modprobe it87 ignore_resource_conflict=1

but I get the response

modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'it87': No such device

Did I mess something up or miss a step here? I have not seen anyone else have that kind of response to that query.

Thank You,

Alex

Edit:

Nevermind - right after posting this I noticed that the IT87 driver was not listed in system drivers. After installing the it87 driver plugin it works. I'll leave this here in case it helps someone else though.

Hi Alex,

I think I have the same problem as you had here, can you guide me on how you ended up installing the IT87 driver?

I have the following motherboard:
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME B450M-A , Version Rev X.0x

Here is what I get with the 'sensors-detect':

###################################

Now follows a summary of the probes I have just done.
Just press ENTER to continue: 

Driver `to-be-written':
  * ISA bus, address 0x290
    Chip `ITE IT8655E Super IO Sensors' (confidence: 9)

Driver `k10temp' (autoloaded):
  * Chip `AMD Family 17h thermal sensors' (confidence: 9)

Note: there is no driver for ITE IT8655E Super IO Sensors yet.
Check https://hwmon.wiki.kernel.org/device_support_status for updates.

No modules to load, skipping modules configuration.

Unloading i2c-dev... OK

Thanks !

PD.- I wrote something more elaborated but wasn't logged in so I lost it  xD

I'm on latest Unraid 6.12.10 and latest Community Apps 2024.04.28  and Cache Dirs 2023.02.19 .

The Fix Common Problems plugin has started to flag this plugin:

dynamix.cache.dirs.plg Not Compatible with Unraid version 6.12.10

Minimum OS Version: 6.9.0 Maximum OS Version: 6.11.999

I've been using this plugin the entire time I've been on UnRaid 6.12, and it only just in the last month flagged Cache Dirs as not compatible. Anyone know what is going on with this? I've disabled the plugin for now.

11 minutes ago, Russell Wagner said:

I'm on latest Unraid 6.12.10 and latest Community Apps 2024.04.28  and Cache Dirs 2023.02.19 .

The Fix Common Problems plugin has started to flag this plugin:

dynamix.cache.dirs.plg Not Compatible with Unraid version 6.12.10

Minimum OS Version: 6.9.0 Maximum OS Version: 6.11.999

I've been using this plugin the entire time I've been on UnRaid 6.12, and it only just in the last month flagged Cache Dirs as not compatible. Anyone know what is going on with this? I've disabled the plugin for now.

I have just updated mine following the instructions they give you on the plugin description.

They tell you to install the one supported by "dlandon" because the one you have installed is no longer being maintained (or something like that)

I went to Plugins > Dynamix Cache Directories > Remove. 

Then went to Apps > Search: "Dynamix Cache Directories" > Installed the one from "dlandon's Repository"

Now Fix Common Problems says everything is fine :)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Posted (edited)

Apologies if this has been answered somewhere in the previous pages, but I searched and could not find an answer.

I have the Dynamix System Stats plugin installed and love the clean and simple graphs it creates. I'd love to be able to export/embed these graphs on a publicly accessible webpage, but I'm not sure how I would go about it. Is it possible, and if so, might someone point me in the right direction?

Ideally I'd be able to display the tabs for Disk Stats as well as System Stats.

Edited by dgallaher
On 4/29/2024 at 8:23 PM, shanelord said:

Question re Dynamix Auto Fan Control

Any chance this could be updated to allow linking a specific fan control with a different sensor?

On QNAP devices, the bios fan control isn't working well, so I need a way to control the CPU fan based on either the coretemp CPU sensor or a combination of sensors - all of which are possible with pwmconfig and fancontrol, but these can't be easily controlled in Unraid.

For the moment I've set a minimum PWM level so the fans never go below a level that lets the CPU heat up too much, but "Auto" would be nice to have.

Thanks,

Shane.

Hi - hoping the developer sees this - I have no idea how to make a plugin and getting my CPU fan to react correctly based on CPU temps would set my mind at ease.

Open to any suggestions too.

Thanks,

Shane.