Dynamix - V6 Plugins

Howdy... I'm still having trouble installing the Dynamix Plugin extras and I was asked to attach my diagnostics information to my next post so here it is...

Still having the same problem when trying to use the install tab on the V6 GUI.

PK, I may have found your problem.  In  your network.cfg file, is the following information.

# Generated settings:
USE_DHCP="no"
IPADDR="10.0.0.72"
NETMASK="255.255.255.0"
GATEWAY="10.0.0.24"
DHCP_KEEPRESOLV="no"
DNS_SERVER1=""
DNS_SERVER2=""
DNS_SERVER3=""
BONDING="no"
BONDING_MODE="1"

This is my network.cfg file:

# Generated settings:
USE_DHCP="no"
IPADDR="192.168.1.242"
NETMASK="255.255.255.0"
GATEWAY="192.168.1.1"
DHCP_KEEPRESOLV="no"
DNS_SERVER1="208.67.222.222"
DNS_SERVER2="208.67.220.220"
DNS_SERVER3=""

Notice that I have setup the IP addresses for DNS servers.  I did this because I have set the "Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically:" to 'No' on the 'NetworkSettings' tab on the 'Settings' Page.  You have to set the "Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically:" to 'Yes'  OR  you have to supply IP addresses for a DNS server in the appropriate places.  Some people have found that their router will handle the DNS service correctly.  (To use this feature, you do have to turn on "Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically:" setting!)  However, I had some issues with my setup not doing it correctly so I elected to use the manual method. 

The 'Help' system for the NetworkSettings tab will give you the assistance that you need.

Howdy... I'm still having trouble installing the Dynamix Plugin extras and I was asked to attach my diagnostics information to my next post so here it is...

Probably not related, but you have filesystem corruption on disk3
Aug  8 12:12:32 Tower kernel: REISERFS error (device md3): reiserfs-2025 reiserfs_cache_bitmap_metadata: bitmap block 184385536 is corrupted: first bit must be 1
Aug  8 12:12:32 Tower kernel: REISERFS (device md3): Remounting filesystem read-only
Aug  8 12:12:32 Tower kernel: REISERFS warning (device md3): clm-6006 reiserfs_dirty_inode: writing inode 1507 on readonly FS

I did a reiserfs fix on that yesterday... it seems to have fixed the problem, at least I think it has.  It had stopped being able to write to this disk and now it's working fine again... any idea what might cause this?

PK, I may have found your problem.  In  your network.cfg file, is the following information.

# Generated settings:
USE_DHCP="no"
IPADDR="10.0.0.72"
NETMASK="255.255.255.0"
GATEWAY="10.0.0.24"
DHCP_KEEPRESOLV="no"
DNS_SERVER1=""
DNS_SERVER2=""
DNS_SERVER3=""
BONDING="no"
BONDING_MODE="1"

This is my network.cfg file:

# Generated settings:
USE_DHCP="no"
IPADDR="192.168.1.242"
NETMASK="255.255.255.0"
GATEWAY="192.168.1.1"
DHCP_KEEPRESOLV="no"
DNS_SERVER1="208.67.222.222"
DNS_SERVER2="208.67.220.220"
DNS_SERVER3=""

Notice that I have setup the IP addresses for DNS servers.  I did this because I have set the "Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically:" to 'No' on the 'NetworkSettings' tab on the 'Settings' Page.  You have to set the "Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically:" to 'Yes'  OR  you have to supply IP addresses for a DNS server in the appropriate places.  Some people have found that their router will handle the DNS service correctly.  (To use this feature, you do have to turn on "Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically:" setting!)  However, I had some issues with my setup not doing it correctly so I elected to use the manual method. 

The 'Help' system for the NetworkSettings tab will give you the assistance that you need.

I'm hoping that will be it!  Thanks brother!

It seems to have changed something which takes longer each time I try but it still ends up with the same problems it seems.  Just to make sure I'm not being completely stupid I don't have to stop the array to install these do I?

dynamixc9q8c.png

It seems to have changed something which takes longer each time I try but it still ends up with the same problems it seems.  Just to make sure I'm not being completely stupid I don't have to stop the array to install these do I?

dynamixc9q8c.png

If you are using those IP addresses which are in my file, that might be the issue.  They are the DNS servers for my local ISP provider (Time-Warner),  You might try using the Google DNS service which provides world wide service.  They are 8.8.8.8  and 8.8.4.4 

BTW, most people have good luck with using getting the DNS servers automatically setting.  Perhaps, you should try that first. 

I'm having no luck with the system temp, should installing the plugin also install the sensors-detect script? I don't have it on my flash so I'm unable to detect any sensors.

sensors-detect comes with unRAID, it is a perl script and you need to install perl to run it.

I'm having no luck with the system temp, should installing the plugin also install the sensors-detect script? I don't have it on my flash so I'm unable to detect any sensors.

sensors-detect comes with unRAID, it is a perl script and you need to install perl to run it.

after seeing dozens of posts about needing to install perl; why doesn't limetech just put it back into unRAID?  What is the benefit of not having it vs. the countless problems its removal has created?

after seeing dozens of posts about needing to install perl; why doesn't limetech just put it back into unRAID?  What is the benefit of not having it vs. the countless problems its removal has created?

Because unRaid itself doesn't require it.  A plugin requires it.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=39506.0

dynamixc9q8c.png

If you are using those IP addresses which are in my file, that might be the issue.  They are the DNS servers for my local ISP provider (Time-Warner),  You might try using the Google DNS service which provides world wide service.  They are 8.8.8.8  and 8.8.4.4 

BTW, most people have good luck with using getting the DNS servers automatically setting.  Perhaps, you should try that first.

I've definitely got the DNS information setup correctly.  I'm absolutely sure of that now.

I've attached another Diagnostics check since fixing the DNS... maybe that will help more now.

It doesn't make sense, I seem to be the only person having this specific problem I've looked through a lot of this thread and no one else seems to be having any similar problem... what the?  Should I try restarting the server... I don't expect that to work though.

It's also not just the dynamix plugins that aren't working it's everything... my oh my what have I done :(

tower-diagnostics-20150810-0954.zip

dynamixc9q8c.png

I've definitely got the DNS information setup correctly.  I'm absolutely sure of that now.

I've attached another Diagnostics check since fixing the DNS... maybe that will help more now.

It doesn't make sense, I seem to be the only person having this specific problem I've looked through a lot of this thread and no one else seems to be having any similar problem... what the?  Should I try restarting the server... I don't expect that to work though.

I believe that under certain circumstances, the dynamix plugin manager will cache a bad downloaded file, and regardless of what it actually says on the screen, it does not attempt to download it again.  A reboot certainly can't hurt.

dynamixc9q8c.png

I believe that under certain circumstances, the dynamix plugin manager will cache a bad downloaded file, and regardless of what it actually says on the screen, it does not attempt to download it again.  A reboot certainly can't hurt.

I rebooted and it changed nothing... should I try deleting a file in the plugins directory?

Could someone tell me the content of their default dynamix.cfg file

This is all that mine contains:

[parity]

mode="2"

day="0"

hour="0 0"

write=""

I rebooted and it changed nothing... should I try deleting a file in the plugins directory?

[parity]

mode="2"

day="0"

hour="0 0"

write=""

Yuo can delete the file dynamix.cfg and then follow the intial set up steps as explained in this

@ bonienl - can you please look at my post above and tell me if you see anything that is causing the AutoFan Detect not to work?  thanks

You may want to try to load (modprobe) the two drivers found by sensors-detect and see if that makes a difference.

I also have one older Asus motherboard which doesn't have any pwm controllers, while my other ASrock motherboard does have them. I guess it is a bit miss-and-hit here!

[parity]

mode="2"

day="0"

hour="0 0"

write=""

A few page ago, you were asked to run  ping google.com  at a command prompt.  You never answer that you actually did this. 

Now it could be that you didn't understand exactly what was being requested. What is needed is for you to log into the server using either a monitor and keyboard on the server or Telnet session.  If you have a working DNS setup up on your server, you will get a series of times to that it takes for google.com to response to the pinging.  (You use a CTRL-C to stop the process.)

This will tell us whether the problem is with the DNS setup or something in the GUI. 

[parity]

mode="2"

day="0"

hour="0 0"

write=""

A few page ago, you were asked to run  ping google.com  at a command prompt.  You never answer that you actually did this. 

Now it could be that you didn't understand exactly what was being requested. What is needed is for you to log into the server using either a monitor and keyboard on the server or Telnet session.  If you have a working DNS setup up on your server, you will get a series of times to that it takes for google.com to response to the pinging.  (You use a CTRL-C to stop the process.)

This will tell us whether the problem is with the DNS setup or something in the GUI.

I can't seem to log into my tower using telnet... I've always been able to before and I just unplugged the monitor cable because I thought I could handle everything in telnet now... however when i run "telnet tower" it just goes to a black screen and there's nothing there...

I'm going to plug in the monitor and see whether I can do it that way... brb

Edit 1:

So I ran the ping command at the command prompt by using a seperate screen.  Nothing happened, no pings nothing.  Totally different to what happens when I ping from my windows CMD.

So does that mean that it's a DNS issue?  I put in the DNS information that I found for Melbourne Bigpond on google and I don't have the "obtain DNS info automatically" as an option in my GUI, it's greyed out.

Edit 2:

So it seems that the DNS addresses are the issue.  I removed the DNS info I had put in and I could connect to the TOWER through telnet again.

pingsbj82.png

Then the above happened when I tried to ping.  Dunno what to do here it's obviously my DNS info and I've put the DNS addresses in manually and yet it doesn't work so that means the DNS info is incorrect right?  As a positive, at least we know what the problem is now that's better than flailing around in the dark.

Edit 3:

Well, I think I've figured out the problem, for some reason my gateway address was different to the proper gateway address so it was never a DNS issue but rather an IP issue... I feel perfectly stupid now.

I've installed some plugins and everything is working now.... Sorry to be such a dumbarse guys :/

ping10j0k.png

Thanks for your help Frank 1940.

@ bonienl - can you please look at my post above and tell me if you see anything that is causing the AutoFan Detect not to work?  thanks

You may want to try to load (modprobe) the two drivers found by sensors-detect and see if that makes a difference.

I also have one older Asus motherboard which doesn't have any pwm controllers, while my other ASrock motherboard does have them. I guess it is a bit miss-and-hit here!

Thank you sir, I will do that.  I had these before in my GO file, but it was removed when I upgraded to ver6.  I assume I just put those lines back in my GO file - right?  I didn't try this before because I had put those in my GO file for the Temps to work.  My temps work now, without having anything else loaded, so I figured i didn't need anything else.  I figured wrong :(

Is it possible to make system buttons able to shutdown unraid from a VM?

As it is now it's only stopping the array if I choose shutdown from inside the VM. The VM starts shutting before the yellow "System is shutting down" appears in the browser.

If I do the same from another computer, tablet or phone, unraid shuts down.

I think it worked some where along the way, but at some update it stopped working ( I think, don't take my word for it.)

hi guys

i have recently upgraded the  s3_sleep plugin to the latest version, as well as unraid from 6.0.1 to 6.1 RC2.

problem is, after that upgrade, i have issues all -over. mostly with drives not spinning down, or if they have spun down, s3_sleep still picks them up as running (as per dashboard status)

is there any way to try and troubleshoot? I have rolled back to 6.0.1

some captures below :

root@Storage:~# ps -elf | grep disk

1 S root      5001    1  0  80  0 - 38196 futex_ 22:39 ?        00:00:00 /usr/local/sbin/shfs /mnt/user0 -disks 32766 -o noatime,big_writes,allow_other

1 S root      5012    1  0  80  0 - 55127 futex_ 22:39 ?        00:00:00 /usr/local/sbin/shfs /mnt/user -disks 32767 2048000000 -o noatime,big_writes,allow_other -o remember=0

0 S root    23475 22208  0  80  0 -  1275 pipe_w 23:20 pts/0    00:00:00 grep disk

root@Storage:~#

root@Storage:~# ps -elf | grep mnt

1 S root      5001    1  0  80  0 - 38196 futex_ 22:39 ?        00:00:00 /usr/local/sbin/shfs /mnt/user0 -disks 32766 -o noatime,big_writes,allow_other

1 S root      5012    1  0  80  0 - 55127 futex_ 22:39 ?        00:00:00 /usr/local/sbin/shfs /mnt/user -disks 32767 2048000000 -o noatime,big_writes,allow_other -o remember=0

0 S root    26702 22208  0  80  0 -  1275 pipe_w 23:25 pts/0    00:00:00 grep mnt

diagnostics with syslog is attached.

Please advise what other troubleshooting i can maybe do?

thx

Neo_x

storage-diagnostics-20150811-2326.zip

hi guys

i have recently upgraded the  s3_sleep plugin to the latest version, as well as unraid from 6.0.1 to 6.1 RC2.

problem is, after that upgrade, i have issues all -over. mostly with drives not spinning down, or if they have spun down, s3_sleep still picks them up as running (as per dashboard status)

is there any way to try and troubleshoot? I have rolled back to 6.0.1

some captures below :

root@Storage:~# ps -elf | grep disk

0 S root    23475 22208  0  80  0 -  1275 pipe_w 23:20 pts/0    00:00:00 grep disk

root@Storage:~#

root@Storage:~# ps -elf | grep mnt

0 S root    26702 22208  0  80  0 -  1275 pipe_w 23:25 pts/0    00:00:00 grep mnt

diagnostics with syslog is attached.

Please advise what other troubleshooting i can maybe do?

thx

Neo_x

This is a known issue and won't be addressed in the short-term as it is a result of the way limetech polls drive spun up/spun down status.  Basically the status is becoming out of sync when the server wakes up.  Work around in this thread

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=39355.msg372872#msg372872

basically add a post wake up command to either spin up or spin down all drives and this will work correctly.

I recently uninstalled all the 3rd party plugins (unraid v6.0.1) trying to track down a fault, when I reinstalled Dynamix Active Streams (2015.06.27), I no longer have an icon under Tools, tried removing and reinstalling it again, still no icon, any ideas on how to fix.

Thanks.

I recently uninstalled all the 3rd party plugins (unraid v6.0.1) trying to track down a fault, when I reinstalled Dynamix Active Streams (2015.06.27), I no longer have an icon under Tools, tried removing and reinstalling it again, still no icon, any ideas on how to fix.

Thanks.

I also have this issue.

Thanks.

I also have this issue.

The latest version has a missing file (regression error), which prevents the utility to become visible under tools. I've made an update, and you can use the plugin manager to upgrade or do a new install of the plugin using the URL.