Dynamix - V6 Plugins

Got the following this morning updating both servers to the latest version:

plugin: updating: dynamix.bleeding.edge.plg
plugin: downloading: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bergware/dynamix/master/archive/dynamix.bleeding.edge.txz ... done
plugin: bad file MD5: /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.bleeding.edge/dynamix.bleeding.edge.txz

Any suggestions?

Manually check for plugin updates, you're probably attempting to install an outdated release.

Got the following this morning updating both servers to the latest version:

plugin: updating: dynamix.bleeding.edge.plg
plugin: downloading: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bergware/dynamix/master/archive/dynamix.bleeding.edge.txz ... done
plugin: bad file MD5: /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.bleeding.edge/dynamix.bleeding.edge.txz

Any suggestions?

Manually check for plugin updates, you're probably attempting to install an outdated release.

Thanks!  that was the problem.

System Buttons does not work with version 6.3.0 rc3.  It simply hangs. 

If you use the buttons on the "Main", "Array Operation" tab, things work as they should. 

I have attached the Diagnostics file and the "still_mounted" file (renamed to still_mounted.txt to upload) as it has the same date-time stamp. 

EDIT:  This may have been broken in version 6.3.0 rc2 as I did not attempt to use it until I was doing the upgrades.

rose-diagnostics-20160923-1510.zip

still_mounted.txt

If you use the buttons on the "Main", "Array Operation" tab, things work as they should. 

I have attached the Diagnostics file and the "still_mounted" file (renamed to still_mounted.txt to upload) as it has the same date-time stamp.

It was mentioned in another thread that System Buttons is not needed in 6.3 as it's included in the normal Shutdown/Reboot now.

It was mentioned in another thread that System Buttons is not needed in 6.3 as it's included in the normal Shutdown/Reboot now.

Probably is true, but I sure love those buttons up there all of the time ready for use from any screen/tab!  ;)

EDIT:  This may have been broken in version 6.3.0 rc2 as I did not attempt to use it until I was doing the upgrades.

It is true that rc3 offers direct reboot/shutdown, but it doesn't replace completely the functionality of system buttons, which offers the buttons in the header (=all pages).

I need to make an update to system buttons though to make it compatible with 6.3.0-rc3.

It is true that rc3 offers direct reboot/shutdown, but it doesn't replace completely the functionality of system buttons, which offers the buttons in the header (=all pages).

I need to make an update to system buttons though to make it compatible with 6.3.0-rc3.

SUPER!!!    8)    ;D

I thought you said it was not needed in 6.3, but I was wrong I see :)

It is much easier to have it in the corner , so glad you will fix it.

Edit: IT was actually dlandon that said it should be uninstalled. So apologies to you bonienl  :D

Hi bonienl,

I am running 6.3.0-rc3 with the Dynamix Bleeding Edge plugin.  I updated my Crashplan Docker and got this error message in the popup right after the RUN command:

The command finished successfully!

Warning: array_map(): Argument #2 should be an array in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/DockerClient.php on line 942

Removing orphan image: d38532084cdc
Successfully removed image 'd38532084cdc'

Done

Line 942 on my system is:

$c["Tags"] = array_map("htmlentities", $obj['RepoTags']);

Maybe $obj['RepoTags'] wasn't defined for some reason? 

I saw that DockerClient.php was updated by bleeding edge, so I thought I'd report it here first.

Latest version of SCSI devices 9/15 on both 6.22 and 6.3rc3 show flat unchanging temperatures of 30 degrees C for Areca attached drives.  I seem to recall you were showing correct temperatures on Areca on 6.1.9??  Before your plugin, I used bubbaq solution and it never showed anything for temperature on the tower/main screen for Areca attached drives.

Areca models 1280, 1231 and 1260 with bios 1.49 are all showing the same temp issue on the tower/main screen.

Hi bonienl,

I am running 6.3.0-rc3 with the Dynamix Bleeding Edge plugin.  I updated my Crashplan Docker and got this error message in the popup right after the RUN command:

The command finished successfully!

Warning: array_map(): Argument #2 should be an array in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/DockerClient.php on line 942

Removing orphan image: d38532084cdc
Successfully removed image 'd38532084cdc'

Done

Line 942 on my system is:

$c["Tags"] = array_map("htmlentities", $obj['RepoTags']);

Maybe $obj['RepoTags'] wasn't defined for some reason? 

I saw that DockerClient.php was updated by bleeding edge, so I thought I'd report it here first.

Its not bleeding edge (I don't use it)  I just saw it on CouchPotato (but none of my others) (but can't get CP to do it again even with a force update)  Affects stock unRaid (http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=53153.msg510949#msg510949)

Latest version of SCSI devices 9/15 on both 6.22 and 6.3rc3 show flat unchanging temperatures of 30 degrees C for Areca attached drives.  I seem to recall you were showing correct temperatures on Areca on 6.1.9??  Before your plugin, I used bubbaq solution and it never showed anything for temperature on the tower/main screen for Areca attached drives.

Areca models 1280, 1231 and 1260 with bios 1.49 are all showing the same temp issue on the tower/main screen.

The SCSI devices plugin allows disks connected to a controller to be known by their proper name/model, but it doesn't automatically add temperature reading to the Main page.

To read SMART information from these disks, it may be required to configure the controller settings. See Main -> diskname -> SMART settings.

The SCSI devices plugin allows disks connected to a controller to be known by their proper name/model, but it doesn't automatically add temperature reading to the Main page.

To read SMART information from these disks, it may be required to configure the controller settings. See Main -> diskname -> SMART settings.

Ah, yes bubbaq was able to get some things working, but I don't recall he ever got temperatures from the Areca's.  Perhaps my memory was faulty with it "just working" automatically on 6.1.9 via your plugin.  You are such a magic worker.... and us Areca users are a small group.  Thanks for what you have done in bringing the Areca controller more mainstream in UnRaid.

I'm not seeing any documentation for this part of your plugin other than the help text that says. 

By default automatic controller selection is done by smartctl to read the SMART information. Certain controllers however need specific settings for smartctl to work. Use this setting to select your controller type and fill-in the specific disk index and device name for your situation. Use the manufacturer's documentation to find the relevant information.

Each disk may have its own specific setting overruling the 'default' setting (see global SMART settings under Disk Settings).

I can see the smart controller type of Areca, but setting to this from default doesn't change anything.  For the Areca smart controller setup, I see 4 additional config spots filled in with "1.4", "1.28", "1.4", "/dev/sdh".  The drive is attached via Areca IDE channel 8 as follows to /dev/sdh on the Areca 1231

IDE Channel 	8
Model Name 	ST3000DM001-9YN166
Serial Number 	W1F0ZTJA
Firmware Rev. 	CC9F
Disk Capacity 	3000.6GB
Current SATA Mode 	SATA300+NCQ(Depth32)
Supported SATA Mode 	SATA300+NCQ(Depth32)
Error Recovery Control (Read/Write) 	N.A.
Disk APM Support 	Yes
Device State 	Normal
Timeout Count 	0
Media Error Count 	0
SMART Read Error Rate 	118(6)
SMART Spinup Time 	92(0)
SMART Reallocation Count 	100(36)
SMART Seek Error Rate 	87(30)
SMART Spinup Retries 	100(97)
SMART Calibration Retries 	N.A.(N.A.)
The Areca hardware monitor shows this drive temperature at 31 deg C even though the drive is spun down

There is also the other Smart Settings.  I am guessing they are not so important to getting the temps working??

Smart Notification Value                "Use Default"

Smart Notification Tolerance Value  "Use Default"

Smart Attribute Notifications          "Use Default"

Hello, I am new to Unraid.

While copying my files to the new array, I installed the Dynamix System Statistics (2016.09.13) plugin from the official link.

However I encounter a display glitch in the disk stats tab - please see the attached screenshot.

Same picture with latest Chrome 54.0.2840.71 m (64-bit).

Is that because I have only 2 (flash and hdd) assigned devices?

Thank you.

unraid_system_stats.png.cf7b08e96e6fb15027ab67ce6d0481f9.png

I'm having issues with getting the sleep plug in to work.  I just manually set up:

ethtool -s eth0 wol g

however, I'm still getting the following message from unraid:

/user/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.s3.sleep/scripts/s3_sleep: line 334: echo: write error: invalid argument

I'm currently using unraid 6.3.0rc3

I'm having issues with getting the sleep plug in to work.  I just manually set up:

ethtool -s eth0 wol g

/user/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.s3.sleep/scripts/s3_sleep: line 334: echo: write error: invalid argument

Sounds like your system doesn't support the sleep command.

What happens when you go into CLI and execute the command directly?

echo -n mem >/sys/power/state

ethtool -s eth0 wol g

Sounds like your system doesn't support the sleep command.

What happens when you go into CLI and execute the command directly?

echo -n mem >/sys/power/state

I can ssh into the server and execute this correct?  (sorry, I'm new to this OS)

Thank you

A teeny tiny buglet in Dynamix System Stats which is hardly worth mentioning but ought to be easy to fix: the "Normal usage" legend for the green bars used in the Disk Stats tab is displaying with reference to the configured critical disk usage threshold, not the configured warning disk usage threshold. In my case I have warning set to 80% and critical set to 99% so it reads "Below 99%" when it ought to read "Below 80%". A screen grab explains it better:

_Dynamix_System_Stats.png.d6fa865989ef0659366ae05cc82d4f11.png

A teeny tiny buglet in Dynamix System Stats which is hardly worth mentioning but ought to be easy to fix: the "Normal usage" legend for the green bars used in the Disk Stats tab is displaying with reference to the configured critical disk usage threshold, not the configured warning disk usage threshold. In my case I have warning set to 80% and critical set to 99% so it reads "Below 99%" when it ought to read "Below 80%". A screen grab explains it better:

Thanks for noticing. I made a correction and will make the update available shortly.