Dynamix - V6 Plugins

1 hour ago, bilben1 said:

Hi,

I have an Asrock J1900m board and use s3 sleep. It seems to work pretty good. I have deep sleep 35 disabled in the bios and have no problem using wol to wake the machine.

Thank you!  What setting did you enable in the bios turn on S3 sleep.

Ben

Hi all,
Follow-up question.  Will any LAN activity result in WOL?  Or, is a spacific type of packet required?  I have tried to wake my pc with plex and open-vpn with no success.

You have to wake the server sending a magic packet.... WOL in your bios should also be activated

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 3 mit Tapatalk

Not sure if correct thread...got a question regarding disk temperature notification.  Request a way to set different thresholds for spinners vs ssd.  I have a Sandisk ssd on unassigned devices that I use for Plex database/transcode.  During Plex use or browsing Plex catalogs the ssd can reach 45*C (~16-21* above ambient), which is my warning threshold for spinners and I get emailed daily sometimes several times a day as the ssd reaches 45*C and then goes back below.  I don't want to raise it higher because of the spinners while SSD can typically take a bit more heat.

From the Main page click on a device, It gives you an indivdual settings page and here you can change temperature thresholds for the specific disk

This ssd is not in the array, I don't get the same settings for the disk like i do for a array disk. Thanks.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Squid said:

If its not in use, then why have it installed?

Trim "costs" you and the SSD nothing.  There's only benefits and zero downsides

It's more when setting the scheduled trim if it's important that I'm not reading or writing from the ssd at that time

1 minute ago, Squid said:

Doesn't matter at all. (Sorry misunderstood your post)

I wasn't that clear :) How often would you recommend running it? Would running it more than once daily grant me any benefit? 

Edited by fc0712

Once per day is sufficient for most but all the brutal usages of the cache drive.  IE: If you're regularly filling the drive up and emptying it multiple times per day (transferring say 1TB / day onto a 250G cache drive and having mover run 4 times / day to clear it out), then run it 4 times / day.  If not, once per day.

Not really the right thread but didn't want to make a new one about this, my VM unRAID server is currently running without parity, and to my surprise although I can't set a parity check schedule (which I expected) it still started a read check based on the old schedule I had set when there was parity, I don't mind it running since it's a good way to test all disks but would like to change the current schedule, any way I can do it in the CLI without re-adding parity?

1 hour ago, johnnie.black said:

Not really the right thread but didn't want to make a new one about this, my VM unRAID server is currently running without parity, and to my surprise although I can't set a parity check schedule (which I expected) it still started a read check based on the old schedule I had set when there was parity, I don't mind it running since it's a good way to test all disks but would like to change the current schedule, any way I can do it in the CLI without re-adding parity?

Edit /boot/config/plugins/dynamix/dynamix.cfg

This section:

[parity]
mode="5"
hour="0 0"
dotm="WL"
month="*"
day="0"
cron="'0 0 1 * * /root/mdcmd check  1>/dev/null 2>&1'"
write=""

No idea what the mode or dotm is though...  Probably need to reboot for changes to take effect.

• Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2017 at 7:56 PM, ratmice said:

Is the SMART driveDB Update plugin still useful? I can't seem to find any info about it and fix common problems yells about it.

The major problems that the plugin solved have been fixed since 6.2b22:

LT has been keeping the drivedb.h file pretty current since then. If you want to check for updates on a regular basis anyway, the User Scripts plugin is probably the way to go at this point.

is it possible to show a graph of multiple network interfaces at the same time, I have my nic's bonded & would like to be able to see the bond traffic as well as the individual nic's at the same time to see where & how the traffic is being sent!! Currently having to go back to the Settings page each time I want to see a specific nic makes it difficult when trying to compare traffic over each.

Edited by clowrym

The System Temperature plugin has a one-third output on my MSI 970A Gaming Pro Carbon. The MB temperature is reading 7 degrees C which would be astonishing if it were true. The more likely scenario of 21 degrees C (room temperature) would be more likely. 

I've uninstalled/reinstalled the plugin, removed/re-added the MB drivers, and there's been no change. Anything else I can do to get a proper readout?