Dynamix - V6 Plugins

On 7/19/2017 at 11:04 AM, mbc0 said:

Hi,

I am having some problems with System Autofan not reacting to my CPU Temp.  It all used to work perfectly but I changed motherboards for a totally different reason, it never worked out so I have gone back to my original Motherboard (ASRock - H77 Pro4/MVP) all sensors are detected and when clicking Detect the CPU fan drops to it's lowest speed and then back up again as it always did but when my CPU starts being thrashed the fan speed stays at 25%.  If I disable fan speed at this point then the fan jumps to 100% Where can I go from here? what logs/info can I provide?

Many Thanks in Advance...

I have tried using CPU Fan Headers 1 & 2 with the same results, when detecting, the CPU fan goes to max RPM then min (stops) and just does not respond to the cpu temp increasing? I have attached some screenshots

systemtemp1.JPG

systemtemp2.JPG

1 hour ago, luca2 said:

Hi, no option to scroll down further! I checked in mozilla and chrome. Maybe clean cache? Any idea how to solve this?

Do you actually have an SSD as a cache drive? or is it an unassigned device?  IIRC the plugin only displays the settings if you have SSD Cache (but it'll work with all SSD devices attached)

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Do you actually have an SSD as a cache drive? or is it an unassigned device?  IIRC the plugin only displays the settings if you have SSD Cache (but it'll work with all SSD devices attached)

no cache ssd. 2 ssd´s assigned in unassigned devices. so the plugin should work with my 2 UD ssd´s.

1.png

Edited by luca2
37 minutes ago, luca2 said:

no cache ssd. 2 ssd´s assigned in unassigned devices. so the plugin should work with my 2 UD ssd´s.

1.png

It will work, but unfortunately, it's not going to be enabled, and the way that it's set up you can't enable it.  (Perhaps @bonienl will adjust the plugin in the future to not have the restriction that a SSD cache must be installed for the UI to appear)

What you want to do is create this file on the flash drive 

/config/plugins/dynamix.ssd.trim/ssd-trim.cron

# Generated ssd trim schedule:
0 0 * * * /sbin/fstrim -a -v | logger &> /dev/null

Followed by this command:

update_cron

(This'll run the trim everyday at midnight)

Alternatively, since you don't have a cache drive installed, it's just as simple to install the user scripts plugin, and have a script that is simply

/sbin/fstrim -a -v | logger &> /dev/null

And then use user scripts to manage when it runs.  (Doing it this way you can also uninstall SSD trim, as there's no requirement for it to be installed)

Edited by Squid

Great! Will have a look at your solution adding a script.Thx!

Does the script have to look like this?:

#!/bin/bash

#!/bin/bash

Edited by luca2
On 7/20/2017 at 1:32 PM, mbc0 said:

I have tried using CPU Fan Headers 1 & 2 with the same results, when detecting, the CPU fan goes to max RPM then min (stops) and just does not respond to the cpu temp increasing? I have attached some screenshots

systemtemp1.JPG

systemtemp2.JPG

Can anyone help with this please?

Does anyone know why Dynamix Stats and the Dashboard/top show WILDLY different RAM usage?  This is what I am seeing on my system with 16Gb of RAM

Top:

KiB Mem : 16456200 total,  1648428 free,  5736864 used,  9070908 buff/cache

KiB Swap:        0 total,        0 free,        0 used.  8231952 avail Mem

Unraid Dashboard: 50%

System Stats: (see attached)

System Stats.png

Edited by yippy3000
  • 2 weeks later...
On 20/7/2017 at 9:33 PM, Squid said:

It will work, but unfortunately, it's not going to be enabled, and the way that it's set up you can't enable it.  (Perhaps @bonienl will adjust the plugin in the future to not have the restriction that a SSD cache must be installed for the UI to appear)

What you want to do is create this file on the flash drive 

/config/plugins/dynamix.ssd.trim/ssd-trim.cron

# Generated ssd trim schedule:
0 0 * * * /sbin/fstrim -a -v | logger &> /dev/null

Followed by this command:

update_cron

(This'll run the trim everyday at midnight)

Alternatively, since you don't have a cache drive installed, it's just as simple to install the user scripts plugin, and have a script that is simply

And then use user scripts to manage when it runs.  (Doing it this way you can also uninstall SSD trim, as there's no requirement for it to be installed)

Hi, I tried both options and just wanted to report back that in both cases trim works the same on all the ssd´s in the array. I frist tried running the script via script UserScripts as Squid said, and trim works on those ssd´s mounted outside of the array with UD.

I also tried configuring a cache drive, using the dynamix trim plugin, and it also works (in this case trim also works on those ssd´s mounted outside of the array with UD). Thx Squid for support!

Just a question on waking from S3 sleep in case anyone has some ideas.  I have the S3 Sleep plugin installed on my backup server.  Since it is a backup only, it does not need to be running all the time and I only want to wake it via backup script when it is time to backup the main server. 

S3 sleep works as configured and I have no issues sleeping the server either automatically via the plugin, sleep button on main page or by entering "echo -n mem >/sys/power/state" at the console.  I can wake it via magic packet, button press or "etherwake [MAC Address]" at the console of the main server.  The GUI is accessible and PuTTY/Telnet/SSH access is restored.  The problem is that the monitor does not wake up. It remains black with an amber LED (briefly goes green on wake) indicating no video signal.

This is more of an annoyance because I don't like unresolved issues than a problem preventing the system from functioning as desired.  Right now, I am in the testing phases and have the monitor connected to both the main (VGA) and backup (DVI) servers and I switch it between the two.  The same thing happens if I put the main server to sleep.  Everything wakes up except the monitor; however, there is GUI and PuTTY/Telnet/SSH access.  A reboot fixes the issue in both cases. 

The backup server will be running headless and in the basement so, no monitor will be attached in the future once I iron out all the backup script kinks; nevertheless, I am curious if there is a solution to the monitor wake issue.  This is the second monitor that exhibits the same behavior.  A quick Google search reveals lots of monitor wake from sleep issues on Linux, Windows and MAC systems.

As I said, this is not a huge problem, but, I am curious if anyone has seen this behavior on their server and been able to resolve it.

• 4 weeks later...

I am getting an error on the system temperature plugin and it is not installing on boot up.

Sep 10 05:49:27 BackupServer root: plugin: creating: /usr/sbin/sensors-detect - downloading from URL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bergware/dynamix/master/archive/sensors-detect
Sep 10 05:49:27 BackupServer root: plugin: downloading: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bergware/dynamix/master/archive/sensors-detect ...#015plugin: downloading: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bergware/dynamix/master/archive/sensors-detect ... failed (Network failure)
Sep 10 05:49:27 BackupServer root: plugin: wget: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bergware/dynamix/master/archive/sensors-detect download failure (Network failure)

I can re-install it just fine.

EDIT: On rc8q.

Edited by dlandon
On 10.9.2017 at 4:08 PM, dlandon said:

I am getting an error on the system temperature plugin and it is not installing on boot up.

Sep 10 05:49:27 BackupServer root: plugin: creating: /usr/sbin/sensors-detect - downloading from URL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bergware/dynamix/master/archive/sensors-detect
Sep 10 05:49:27 BackupServer root: plugin: downloading: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bergware/dynamix/master/archive/sensors-detect ...#015plugin: downloading: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bergware/dynamix/master/archive/sensors-detect ... failed (Network failure)
Sep 10 05:49:27 BackupServer root: plugin: wget: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bergware/dynamix/master/archive/sensors-detect download failure (Network failure)

I can re-install it just fine.

EDIT: On rc8q.

I have a similar issue. After reboots the plugin does not start up. Must re-install it to make it show up again. Somehow it does not ´stick´ ??:(

• 2 weeks later...

Division by zero in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DashUpdate.php on line 128

I am adding four new disk drives to an array. After clearing they all showed up as unformatted as expected. After clicking on format, it took a while, then I got the divide by zero error for one after the other. The screenshot is taken after the third error popped up. The new drives are 3 to 6

divzero.png

I assume it is just a display issue, what do you think?

Edited by tstor
14 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

@bonienl One little thing I've noticed, when updating plugins on the new look webui, the notifications in the browser are often just a grey box with no text.  I'm using Chrome, but I'll try and remember to check with Firefox as well!

How do these empty notifications look in Archived Notifications? Are these empty too?