Alternatives to Sickbeard/Sickrage for UFC

Ockingshay

I can't seem to find a list of the various PVR managers out there, so i am manually installing each one and seeing what they support.

I currently use sickbeard for all my tv shows, but i have never been able to automate UFC events, as SB only uses thetvdb and they do not allow UFC. So then i found sickrage, which can additionally uses tvrage, which supports UFC but some of the events are missing. it's only a few that it misses and most importantly it does list out all the PPV events, so i'm 95% there.

On plex i use themoviedb.org as a scraper and they seem to have every event.....so is there a better manager out there or even one that uses themoviedb.org?

sickrage also seems to support anime and a bunch of other improvements over sickbeard, so i will start to port over my settings and use it as default. But if there is something better out there i would like to use without having to download every fork on github, just to see what features it has.

• Upvote 1
  • 11 months later...

Really old post but figured I'd respond since no one did and in the off chance it might help.

There's a couple problems that will prevent any of the PVR's from grabbing certain sporting events on schedule. The first one you mentioned, most of them use the TVDB, who refuse to list some sporting events. But even the pvr's using an online database that does list those events (like sickrage using the now defunct TVrage who did list MMA events); is the naming convention. Sporting events like MMA can't really fit into a standard series format -season 2, episode 12 etc which is exactly how TV databases are built. So their solution instead is to break the seasons down by year. For example UFC 172 would be listed as Season: 2014, Episode 8 and UFC 172 would be used as the title of the episode. The problem with that of course is the material is never posted like that, it's posted as a stand alone event (as it should be)- UFC 172. So PVR's (at least the one's I've seen) don't recognize them from the indexer, hence they don't get filled.

As you mentioned, TMDB does list the events and MMA in particular would fit better in a movie database as a stand alone event. But unlike a movie, the name is never the same so it doesn't really work (plus the TMDB info is usually filled in after the fact).

Old post so you may of found a solution by now. If you haven't, free to DM me.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...