[support] pducharme's Dockers support thread

I've discovered something very very worrying about the urbackup container with btrfs tools,

it's making ghost copies of the container which cannot be deleted, delete the container and image it gives you a warning about being unable to delete a snapshot.

then reboot and there are ghost containers appearing on my dashboard that you can delete, but survive a reboot and are there again.

i am going to message jonp about this, because i'm very concerned that it's doing things to the docker.img file that it really shouldn't be.

I've discovered something very very worrying about the urbackup container with btrfs tools,

it's making ghost copies of the container which cannot be deleted, delete the container and image it gives you a warning about being unable to delete a snapshot.

then reboot and there are ghost containers appearing on my dashboard that you can delete, but survive a reboot and are there again.

i am going to message jonp about this, because i'm very concerned that it's doing things to the docker.img file that it really shouldn't be.

Thanks to Sparkly for bringing this to my attention. I will need to test this container out myself to see what's going on.  This is definitely unusual...

Jonp: Test it, but i want to remove it from my template before it create more issues.  Can you test it fast?

Thanks to Sparkly for bringing this to my attention. I will need to test this container out myself to see what's going on.  This is definitely unusual...

• 1 month later...

Can I recommend that since URBackup is currently not to be used (as I understand it), that the template file either be deleted from your repository or the description modified.  It still shows up in the Community Repositories plugin, and on the repositories thread, and the only way a user knows not to use it is if they add the container, and happen to look at the URL which states "Do Not Use"

• 1 month later...

Love your PlexConnect docker, but I liked using CyberGhost84's PlexConnect fork as the Views are much better.

Is there anyway I could change which fork is downloaded? Thanks.

I'll try using Variables to specify what fork to get.  I'll work on that this week.

Love your PlexConnect docker, but I liked using CyberGhost84's PlexConnect fork as the Views are much better.

Ok, building on docker for the PlexConnect.  (it's Pending since 15 minutes, hopefully it will build soon!).  I added a GHOST variable.  If present, it will use the Cyberghost84 fork.  I'll reply again when the build will be complete.

For me, when I click the "WebUI" link, it goes to : https://192.168.2.6:8443/login  (this is my Unraid IP) and it's working.  Strange it doesn't work on your side?

It opens up a tab to https://192.168.1.122:8443/manage

... but no page is found.  This is on Windows 8 Firefox and IE where I can access the UniFi stock webpage and on my  primary linux machine Firefox and Chrome.

This is the correct IP for my UnRaid Server

I had to change the Docker from network Host To Bridge.  Now it accesses the web ui.

Thanks ;)

Ok, building on docker for the PlexConnect.  (it's Pending since 15 minutes, hopefully it will build soon!).  I added a GHOST variable.  If present, it will use the Cyberghost84 fork.  I'll reply again when the build will be complete.

Fantastic, look forward to it. still been using the Plugin currently, as I prefer Cyberghosts Fork

I installed the Unifi docker, I can access the web UI, but I cannot seem to get it to find my AP. Am I missing something obvious? I tried restoring the AP to factory defaults (unpair it with the controller) then searching for it but no luck. I can find it using the controller software on my Mac just fine.

FWIW I was unable to get the controller to find my AP also. From what I understand for the AP to automatically find the controller you either need to use the discovery software (like you have on your Mac), or set DHCP option 43 with the inform address of your controller. Once the AP has the inform address and contacts the controller and is provisioned, all works great.

I did it the manual way. I ssh'd into the AP and set the inform address manually via the CLI and it showed up immediately in the controller.

Also if your AP was already provisioned on another controller (your Mac) you would have had to reset the AP to defaults or "forget" the AP from the controller to find and provision it on another controller. An AP can only be managed by a single controller.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, the new docker is working great pulls CyberGhost84's fork. Could I be a pain and suggest you change it so that you provide the variable "FORK" and then type in the url for the fork you want to use... would mean you could use any fork. Just a Thought.

Many Thanks

I finally change it to be the default.  I removed the GHOST variable.  Now, i'll provide only CyberGhost84.  I'll update the details.

I tried with the variable and it wasn't working for me.  I guess you just got my latest image that doesn't use the GHOST Variable and it just get the C.Ghost...

And do I need to add anything to here

At the risk of going OT here for a minute, I've seen a couple of posts recently asking about blank templates appearing after installing an application (when using Community Applications).  Here's whats going on:

CA opens up a new tab when you go to add the application. 

After filling out whatever paths and ports you require, and then hitting add, it downloads and installs the app.  When you hit Done, a blank template will be displayed.  At this point you should just close the tab.  That App is already installed.  The cancel button won't even work correctly.

The reason this happens is because how the system works without the CA plugin.  Without CA after the app is installed, the browser does a previous page to take you back to the docker containers tab.

The problem with CA that's confusing some people is that it is not part of the underlying dockerMan program.  It is an addon.  If I opened the add container section in the same tab, then after installing the container, you will wind up on the docker containers tab, and if you select CA again you will have lost where ever you were in the plugin (search result displayed, category displayed, etc).  During Community Repositories, I bounced back and forth between opening it up in the same tab vs a new tab and finally decided that a new tab works better.

Long story short, after adding the application and hitting done, you can safely just close that tab.  Nothing else is required from you (assuming you entered in the information correctly)

If I don't want to change the port the unpaid uses, what port would you suggest I use?

Also if I change the port do I need to change anything on my ATV?  And do I need to add anything to here

To use plexconnect on your unRAID server you will have to change the port for unRAIDs webGUI. The Apple TV will only use port 80 and 443 for receiving its content.

Updated UniFi Controller to 4.6.6 version.  You should see "Update" in DockerMan page.

Thanks for keeping UniFi up-to-date.

Using this docker for managing my wireless network, works perfect !

Yes me too :)  I love my Ubiquiti Networks products :)  I have the Access Point UniFi AP-AC and the EdgeMax EdgeLite router, good stuff!