[support] pducharme's Dockers support thread

Yes, I did update the docker for Unifi-Video today to 3.2 release, but now, I got an error with starting.  I even try deleting the appdata/unifi-video folder, but it seems it doesn't work either. 

Complaints about : no_ubnt_webrtc_jni in java library path...

I'll have to search... for now, it's broken!

I have the same problem.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/42p21qkv8c7cmfu/Screenshot%202016-03-29%2020.15.44.png?dl=0

Hopefully it's an ez fix.

Let me know if I can help.

understood, if you need help let me know. i am willing to do what i can

Hello sudogreg,

If I reset AP and want to connect it to this docker unifi controller, I assume,  since it's not detected,  it won't get any IP. So what IP address shall I ssh into?

I have a firewall with dcp server enabled.  Does this mean this device will automatically get an IP address even when controller cannot reach it?

Hi, is there any chance I can get 3.1.3/4 of unifi-video back? I can't seem to get this new version to get past starting up. It gives an "Error Starting Service - no ubnt_webrtc_ini in java.library.path. Thanks in advance

error.log:

459398384.602 2016-03-30 23:26:24.602/CDT: ERROR  Unable to load system configuration. in main

java.io.FileNotFoundException: data/system.properties (No such file or directory)

at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_95]

at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:146) ~[?:1.7.0_95]

at com.ubnt.airvision.system.SystemConfiguration.Object(Unknown Source) ~[airvision.jar:?]

at com.ubnt.airvision.system.SystemConfiguration.<init>(Unknown Source) [airvision.jar:?]

at com.ubnt.airvision.system.SystemConfiguration$$FastClassByGuice$$90dc632.newInstance(<generated>) [guice-3.0.jar:?]

at com.google.inject.internal.cglib.reflect.$FastConstructor.newInstance(FastConstructor.java:40) [guice-3.0.jar:?]

at com.google.inject.internal.DefaultConstructionProxyFactory$1.newInstance(DefaultConstructionProxyFactory.java:60) [guice-3.0.jar:?]

at com.google.inject.internal.ConstructorInjector.construct(ConstructorInjector.java:85) [guice-3.0.jar:?]

at com.google.inject.internal.ConstructorBindingImpl$Factory.get(ConstructorBindingImpl.java:254) [guice-3.0.jar:?]

at com.google.inject.internal.ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter$1.call(ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter.java:46) [guice-3.0.jar:?]

at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.callInContext(InjectorImpl.java:1031) [guice-3.0.jar:?]

at com.google.inject.internal.ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter.get(ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter.java:40) [guice-3.0.jar:?]

at com.google.inject.Scopes$1$1.get(Scopes.java:65) [guice-3.0.jar:?]

at com.google.inject.internal.InternalFactoryToProviderAdapter.get(InternalFactoryToProviderAdapter.java:40) [guice-3.0.jar:?]

at com.google.inject.internal.InternalInjectorCreator$1.call(InternalInjectorCreator.java:204) [guice-3.0.jar:?]

at com.google.inject.internal.InternalInjectorCreator$1.call(InternalInjectorCreator.java:198) [guice-3.0.jar:?]

at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.callInContext(InjectorImpl.java:1024) [guice-3.0.jar:?]

at com.google.inject.internal.InternalInjectorCreator.loadEagerSingletons(InternalInjectorCreator.java:198) [guice-3.0.jar:?]

at com.google.inject.internal.InternalInjectorCreator.injectDynamically(InternalInjectorCreator.java:179) [guice-3.0.jar:?]

at com.google.inject.internal.InternalInjectorCreator.build(InternalInjectorCreator.java:109) [guice-3.0.jar:?]

at com.google.inject.Guice.createInjector(Guice.java:95) [guice-3.0.jar:?]

at com.google.inject.Guice.createInjector(Guice.java:72) [guice-3.0.jar:?]

at com.google.inject.Guice.createInjector(Guice.java:62) [guice-3.0.jar:?]

at com.ubnt.airvision.Main.getInjector(Unknown Source) [airvision.jar:?]

at com.ubnt.airvision.Main.initializeApp(Unknown Source) [airvision.jar:?]

at com.ubnt.airvision.Main.start(Unknown Source) [airvision.jar:?]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_95]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) ~[?:1.7.0_95]

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.7.0_95]

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606) ~[?:1.7.0_95]

at org.apache.commons.daemon.support.DaemonLoader.start(DaemonLoader.java:243) [commons-daemon-1.0.15.jar:1.0.15]

1459398401.930 2016-03-30 23:26:41.930/CDT: ERROR  Error starting service: no ubnt_webrtc_jni in java.library.path in main

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no ubnt_webrtc_jni in java.library.path

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1889) ~[?:1.7.0_95]

at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:849) ~[?:1.7.0_95]

at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1088) ~[?:1.7.0_95]

at com.ubnt.webrtc.WebRTCManager.<clinit>(WebRTCManager.java:14) ~[ubnt_webrtc.jar:?]

at com.ubnt.airvision.service.webrtc.A.Ã’00000(Unknown Source) ~[airvision.jar:?]

at com.ubnt.airvision.service.C.new(Unknown Source) ~[airvision.jar:?]

at com.ubnt.airvision.service.C.class(Unknown Source) [airvision.jar:?]

at com.ubnt.airvision.Main.o00000(Unknown Source) [airvision.jar:?]

at com.ubnt.airvision.Main.start(Unknown Source) [airvision.jar:?]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_95]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) ~[?:1.7.0_95]

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.7.0_95]

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606) ~[?:1.7.0_95]

at org.apache.commons.daemon.support.DaemonLoader.start(DaemonLoader.java:243) [commons-daemon-1.0.15.jar:1.0.15]

yes!

I had help from a guy over at Ubiquiti Networks Forum.  I had to add parameters to the startup command that launch the service.  Why? I don't know! but it works... Something about a path missing, but it was working up to 3.1.4 version without that.

Also, still issues with UniFi Video 3.2 NVR, some camera not recongnize by NVR, also some issue in upgrading for lots of people over at the Ubiquiti Forum.  In my opinion, this release of UniFi Video 3.2 is a botched release!  They also drop support for AirCam Gen1 cameras, so basically, everyone that update to NVR 3.2 won't be able to use those AirCam.  Not great for a company to drop support of perfectly working devices just to drive sales...

Anyway, now the Docker works and run the latest NVR, 3.2.

Pat

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is the default password for unifi-video? root/ubnt?

Edit:  To elaborate I have done a fresh install of the docker and deleted the appdata folders.  On startup I am greeted with a unifi-video login screen and no wizard.  In the unifi-video appdata folder there is no system.properties files even being created anymore.

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is the default password for unifi-video? root/ubnt?

You should be presented with the setup. If not, stop the docker, then Connect to your appdata/unifi-video/data fonder and create a system.properties. In it, just a single line :

is_default = true

Start the docker after and you should have the setup were you create your ADMIN account,

Hi,

I have updated to UniFi Video 3.2. When I launch the gui, it is advising "update in progress, You will be prompted to login when the update is complete" with a spinning wheel.

Any idea what is going on here, the page never updates.

Thanks,

Looks like it was actually updating and just took a while. All is up and running. Thanks for the docker! ;D

You should be presented with the setup. If not, stop the docker, then Connect to your appdata/unifi-video/data fonder and create a system.properties. In it, just a single line :

is_default = true

Start the docker after and you should have the setup were you create your ADMIN account,

I do not have a Data Folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cc7e9cf94fdiftq/Screenshot%202016-04-10%2015.35.28.png?dl=0

Where should I create this file?

Can you upload a file I can just drag and drop with?

Thanks.

sorry, there is no data folder.  it's under appdata/unifi-video

just use any file editor (Notepad++ on PC or Smultron on Mac) and create a file called system.properties in this folder.  Just add the is_default=true to it and save it.

Restart the docker, you'll have the setup wizard.

I updated the UniFi to 4.8.15 yesterday.

I updated the UniFi-Video to 3.2.1 3-4 days ago.

Me i'm using it with a 720p camera.  I have set it to record on movement on a specific location, so it doesn't take a lot of disk space.  I don't see it using much of CPU cycle either.  Depends if you put 3 camera always recording 24/24, that probably will use lots of space and CPU.  Maybe Ubiquiti Networks have that metric.  Maybe ask on their forum ?

Me i'm using it with a 720p camera.  I have set it to record on movement on a specific location, so it doesn't take a lot of disk space.  I don't see it using much of CPU cycle either.  Depends if you put 3 camera always recording 24/24, that probably will use lots of space and CPU.  Maybe Ubiquiti Networks have that metric.  Maybe ask on their forum ?

Will ask there then :)

How long does your camera capture each day? And how much data does that use?

I will use motion detection, with the cameras running maxiumum 8 hours a day, and usally 1 hour.

just use any file editor (Notepad++ on PC or Smultron on Mac) and create a file called system.properties in this folder.  Just add the is_default=true to it and save it.

I must be missing a step somewhere ... I have done exactly as you have described above, yet I never get the setup wizard. I have deleted the docker and started over from scratch, but the results are the same. What else can I try?

Does UniFi-Video Controller (NVR) Docker essentially replace the need to have a physical NVR in your home? I was looking into some of their cameras, but the NVR they sell is quite expensive. It would be nice to replicate that on my UnRaid Server.

Yes, that's the point of running this docker.  No need for their physical NVR at all, it achieve the same.

I must be missing a step somewhere ... I have done exactly as you have described above, yet I never get the setup wizard. I have deleted the docker and started over from scratch, but the results are the same. What else can I try?

I would try :

1. Remove the docker + image from the Unraid Web UI Docker's page (Remove, and choose yes to remove also the image).

2. I will delete the /mnt/user/appdata/unifi-video  and /mnt/user/appdata/unifi-video-logs

3. I will add the docker, then i'll just start/stop it.

4. I will create the file "system.properties" with only 1 line, is_default=true

5. I will start the VM and check the web UI of UniFi-Video. 

Note:  Make sure the file you create is named "system.properties", with no other extension (i.e: system.propreties.txt)...

I would try :

1. Remove the docker + image from the Unraid Web UI Docker's page (Remove, and choose yes to remove also the image).

2. I will delete the /mnt/user/appdata/unifi-video  and /mnt/user/appdata/unifi-video-logs

3. I will add the docker, then i'll just start/stop it.

4. I will create the file "system.properties" with only 1 line, is_default=true

5. I will start the VM and check the web UI of UniFi-Video. 

Note:  Make sure the file you create is named "system.properties", with no other extension (i.e: system.propreties.txt)...

Did all of the above and it still just redirects to /login when I browse to the web UI. At this point I am out of ideas ... I may be able to try on a different unraid box. Is it not possible to make the docker already have the system.properties file as default? Just curious.

I just installed this, and I followed Pducharme's instructions to setup the properties file and it worked just fine. I did it by ssh-ing into unraid and using:

cd /user/appdata/unifi-video

sudo touch system.properties

sudo nano system.properties

and added the required line.

However, i could not get cameras to reliably connect to the docker.

I ended up installing a Ubuntu VM and running it on that and it works perfectly. Perhaps a port forwarding issue?