[support] pducharme's Dockers support thread

• 2 weeks later...

Does UniFi-Video Controller (NVR) Docker essentially replace the need to have a physical NVR in your home? I was looking into some of their cameras, but the NVR they sell is quite expensive. It would be nice to replicate that on my UnRaid Server.

Yes, that's the point of running this docker.  No need for their physical NVR at all, it achieve the same.

Yeah, I'm going to have to do this. I imagine you all would limit NVR storage to a single disk to prevent multiple disks from having to constantly spin up?

• 1 month later...

Pducharme,

I have installed the Unifi Video container and set it up.  I am trying to view a live feed from within Unifi Video but I am having port issues.  I have forwarded the ports used by the container to my Unraid IP address, but I still have no luck.  Also, within the Unifi Video container it reports the UVC's IP address to be 172.17.0.10.  Which IP address should I forward these ports to?  I have tried both and nothing seems to work.  I can view the feed if I log into the camera directly using its IP address.

Solved:

I ended up having to switch the container to host instead of bridge.  Then I had to unmanage the camera and restart the container.  Once restarted I logged back in and adopted the camera again.  This allowed me to view the camera's feed from within the Unifi Video container.  Hope this helps anyone with similar issues.  I also had all ports used by the container (7443,7445,7446,7447,7080,6666,22) forwarded to my Unraid's IP address.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,  I just updated my docker to UniFi 5.2.9 released monday.  Always backup your current settings before upgrading then at first launch, restore the backup from the wizard.

yep, i forgot to do this.. :D that was a fun one trying to figure out what was going on at 2 am the other day. haha

I am getting the following when trying to install.  Any suggestions?

Pulling image: pducharme/unifi-video-controller:latest

IMAGE ID [latest]: Pulling from pducharme/unifi-video-controller.

IMAGE ID [6ffe5d2d6a97]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [f4e00f994fd4]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [e99f3d1fc87b]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [a3ed95caeb02]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [ededd75b6753]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [1ddde157dd31]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [5851290e7315]: Pulling fs layer. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [ace1c0154b69]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 22 MB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [65f6e3b332e9]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 929 KB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [a45914d79836]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 772 B. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [fa2e1f43e6f8]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 13 KB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [4e6520aae5dc]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 15 KB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [b2c8e7aaede9]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 45 MB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [fc21329cfd66]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 137 MB. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [26222c8ac9bd]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 78 MB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [dbe54fa0bbc0]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 80 MB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [208a7f0d29e7]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 421 B. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [564e9fd55734]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 420 B. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

TOTAL DATA PULLED: 363 MB

Error: layers from manifest don't match image configuration

• 3 weeks later...