[support] pducharme's Dockers support thread

My unifi video docker has just updated/downgraded and I'm back on 3.9.0 but now all my cameras are not connecting, unifi is reporting "Firmware Not Supported". All cams (G3-AF and G3 dome) are on 4.2.13 which is the latest available on the Unifi website.

Any ideas? Would my cameras have auto updated their firmware, do I need to downgrade the cameras?

We had no idea how many people were having issues and how many weren't. In the issue we're taking this problem on, I suggested that @Pducharme get tags working and then flip back to 3.9.2. That way everyone can upgrade and only those w/ issues can easily stay at 3.9.0 while we figure out wtf is going on.

Can you tell us about your setup that is working in https://github.com/pducharme/UniFi-Video-Controller/issues/56 ?

On 2/25/2018 at 3:05 PM, grover said:

My unifi video docker has just updated/downgraded and I'm back on 3.9.0 but now all my cameras are not connecting, unifi is reporting "Firmware Not Supported". All cams (G3-AF and G3 dome) are on 4.2.13 which is the latest available on the Unifi website.

Any ideas? Would my cameras have auto updated their firmware, do I need to downgrade the cameras?

you now need to log into your cameras directly and upload the previous firmware once done the cameras will re-adopt without issue.

Hi. I recently purchased a ts453. I very new to running container station and docker files.. I have unifi ap and cameras.i have mange to install unifi controller in docker and is up and running. I wanted to also run unifi video in docker and found pducharms docker build.. I create the image in container station and upon running the image I get in the console permission denied.  I'm no stuck and don't understand the oermissions or know where to look.. any help be great as I spent weeks trying to make this work. Is there a step by step guide??

Thanks

1 hour ago, Mellowevo8 said:

Hi. I recently purchased a ts453. I very new to running container station and docker files.. I have unifi ap and cameras.i have mange to install unifi controller in docker and is up and running. I wanted to also run unifi video in docker and found pducharms docker build.. I create the image in container station and upon running the image I get in the console permission denied.  I'm no stuck and don't understand the oermissions or know where to look.. any help be great as I spent weeks trying to make this work. Is there a step by step guide??

Thanks

Looks like "container station" refers to something in QNAP. This is the unRAID forum. I don't know if anyone here can help you or not.

On 2/26/2018 at 4:29 PM, fryfrog said:

The fix for 3.9.2 is in and a pull request is up, it'd be reasonable to wait and just go to 3.9.2 and they'll be fine.

https://github.com/pducharme/UniFi-Video-Controller/pull/69

Last night I reset and downgraded my cameras to next to latest firmware. Ripped out the docker, cleaned out the cruft. Couldn't find an older version of the docker to install so I tried what was available. Upon install the docker re-upgraded my cameras and everything works... but still doesn't record. Is it reasonable to assume we can just wait on a software update for this to be fixed?

28 minutes ago, fryfrog said:

If the software is running and you see the cameras and their feeds, you should be able to record. What do you mean when you say it doesn't record? Do you set the cameras to always record? Record on motion?

Yes and yes.. Tried both. No recordings are showing up.

Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at 8.30.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at 8.30.23 PM.png

Edited by lowbiker
23 minutes ago, fryfrog said:

I assume if you live view the cameras, it works? Or the grid view? Have you checked the logs for errors? What are you passing in for data and video paths?

Yes the live view works fine.. and in grid view as well. Just used the default values for installing the app. I'm going to have to go through the logs. Busy day today with switches falling over at work. Will start with the error log and recording log unless anyone knows better

5a9b76359aadc_ScreenShot2018-03-03at9_28_33PM.thumb.png.52be5131aa65daaa467adfcb1a249cad.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at 9.32.37 PM.png

Edited by lowbiker
On 3/3/2018 at 10:57 PM, fryfrog said:

I think `server.log` is where I'd start.

I attached the last hundred lines. Trying to figure out what to make of it. The confusing thing is when I reset everything Friday night it actually did record me once while i was fixing it and I thought i was done. I may have to repeat the process. Checking it this morning.. it's graduated to recording a few things but not everything

serverlog.rtf

Edit: Just as a follow up I finally figured out that it didn't like being pointed at my cache drive for some reason. Didn't think there was enough space. Pointed the recorder to the share on my array and all seems to be working again. Also reverted back to 3.9.0 and the 2nd most recent camera firmware

Edited by lowbiker
Found logs
You can just `docker pull pducharme/unifi-video-controller` any time, if there is an update it'll get it. If there isn't, it won't.

You could also watch https://hub.docker.com/r/pducharme/unifi-video-controller/builds/ or https://github.com/pducharme/UniFi-Video-Controller/commits/release

I don't like to just blindly do a docker pull to look for new releases in case there is an issue. I will bookmark those pages though thanks!

I literally both use this for my unifi-video setup and maintain the docker image with pducharmes, you can pull at any time and it'll be working and stable. We even went a little further and moved to a "release" branch, so now it only gets updated when we do it manually. All the fixes and changes to into master first, only going to release after we've tested them. We also started tagging releases, so you can at any time add ":3.9.2" for example and get back to it. So for this 3.9.3 update, you're on ":latest". If it went wonky, you could just do the pull w/ ":3.9.2" at the end and go back (or w/ the last shittyness as an example, ":3.9.0". :)

Anyway, you should feel safe doing the pull and restarting. 90% of the time it'll be fine 100% of the time! ;)

Edited by fryfrog
  • Like 1