[support] pducharme's Dockers support thread

25 minutes ago, CorneliousJD said:

Something broke last night with the latest update, woke up to all cameras offline making the offline "beep" noise it does, docker was started but logs showing it aboriting mongo and webUI wouldn't load. 

This mirrors what I awoke to as well.  I tried to do a mongodb repair in accordance with UniFi's help article but the processes keeps restarting with a new pid, so the lock never releases.

Edited by ponack
Fixed spelling

I changed to :testing to see if that would change anything, but it was sitting at "UniFi Video is Upgrading" for well over an hour, so I closed it and removed :testing from the version and it's still doing the same thing, all my logs show now are

2019-02-18 08:38:49.997164 [warn] PUID not defined (via -e PUID), defaulting to '99'
2019-02-18 08:38:50.179288 [warn] PGID not defined (via -e PGID), defaulting to '100'
2019-02-18 08:38:50.341849 [info] Permissions already set for volume mappings
Starting unifi-video... (unifi-video) checking for system.properties and truststore files...
done.

And the WebUI is just "UniFi Video is Updating" and spinning over and and over and doesn't seem to actually be doing anything now.

Let it run long enough again this time and it starts locking up the server pretty much until I end this container, but I gathered some logs 

2019-02-18 08:38:49.997164 [warn] PUID not defined (via -e PUID), defaulting to '99'
2019-02-18 08:38:50.179288 [warn] PGID not defined (via -e PGID), defaulting to '100'
Starting unifi-video... (unifi-video) checking for system.properties and truststore files...
done.
/run.sh: line 107: 7858 Aborted mongo --quiet localhost:7441 --eval "{ ping: 1}" > /dev/null 2>&1
/run.sh: line 107: 8125 Aborted mongo --quiet localhost:7441 --eval "{ ping: 1}" > /dev/null 2>&1
/run.sh: line 107: 8802 Aborted mongo --quiet localhost:7441 --eval "{ ping: 1}" > /dev/null 2>&1
/run.sh: line 107: 8884 Aborted mongo --quiet localhost:7441 --eval "{ ping: 1}" > /dev/null 2>&1

/run.sh: fork: retry: Resource temporarily unavailable

Then when I closed the container it ended with this.

/run.sh: line 107: 26679 Aborted mongo --quiet localhost:7441 --eval "{ ping: 1}" > /dev/null 2>&1
Waiting for mongodb to come online......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

EDIT: For now I changed my repo to pducharme/unifi-video-controller:3.9.11 and it's at least up and online now.

Although all my previous recordings appear to be gone :( 

Edited by CorneliousJD
1 hour ago, CorneliousJD said:

Let it run long enough again this time and it starts locking up the server pretty much until I end this container, but I gathered some logs 

done.
/run.sh: line 107: 7858 Aborted mongo --quiet localhost:7441 --eval "{ ping: 1}" > /dev/null 2>&1
/run.sh: line 107: 8125 Aborted mongo --quiet localhost:7441 --eval "{ ping: 1}" > /dev/null 2>&1
/run.sh: line 107: 8802 Aborted mongo --quiet localhost:7441 --eval "{ ping: 1}" > /dev/null 2>&1
/run.sh: line 107: 8884 Aborted mongo --quiet localhost:7441 --eval "{ ping: 1}" > /dev/null 2>&1

Then when I closed the container it ended with this.

/run.sh: line 107: 26679 Aborted mongo --quiet localhost:7441 --eval "{ ping: 1}" > /dev/null 2>&1
Waiting for mongodb to come online......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

EDIT: For now I changed my repo to pducharme/unifi-video-controller:3.9.11 and it's at least up and online now.

Although all my previous recordings appear to be gone :( 

Have you tried restoring your recordings? In system configuration. You should only be having issues with the database that locates them, the recordings are in another share. Capture.thumb.JPG.93622718b82b3064626d2d75f315151d.JPG

4 minutes ago, EarthYak said:

Have you tried restoring your recordings? In system configuration. You should only be having issues with the database that locates them, the recordings are in another share. 

Ah thanks, this did work.

Something else weird going on though is now my camera says it's offline, even though I can see it in the list with an orange dot that says managing.

The IP address it shows is valid and I can hit the web UI of the camera itself. 

6 minutes ago, kaine1688 said:

Same thing just happened to me, I had to downgrade the firmware on each camera....bit annoying but it worked. Although I added :beta to the repository and it went back quite a bit further on the controller release.

Weird, I don't think my firmware got updated - but I did try to go download an older release and update via web UI of the camera and it just says it's unsupported. 

2 minutes ago, CorneliousJD said:

Weird, I don't think my firmware got updated - but I did try to go download an older release and update via web UI of the camera and it just says it's unsupported. 

it took me back to 3.9.7-beta on the controller and I had to downgrade way down to UVC-G3 4.2.59 and then it upgraded the cameras again to 4.3.9 

10 minutes ago, kaine1688 said:

it took me back to 3.9.7-beta on the controller and I had to downgrade way down to UVC-G3 4.2.59 and then it upgraded the cameras again to 4.3.9 

Well I've now somehow made it worse.

I clicked "unmange" on the camera, and then tried to manage it again, and it got stuck in the same "Managing" state with an orange icon.

I did realize my firmware mistake, I was using original UVC Micro and not the G3 Micro firmware, so I downgraded the firmware some, and that worked and took and I can log back into the camera, but now in my controller nothing shows under cameras, managed or unmanaged. 

At this point I think I need to reset the camera to defaults, but I'm not sure if that will wipe out my network settings or not and how it connects to WiFi, if it does that's not really an option because I can't get the cameras down right now from where they are.

If anyone else has any suggestions that would be helpful. 

Thank you.

16 minutes ago, CorneliousJD said:

At this point I think I need to reset the camera to defaults, but I'm not sure if that will wipe out my network settings or not and how it connects to WiFi, if it does that's not really an option because I can't get the cameras down right now from where they are.

If anyone else has any suggestions that would be helpful. 

Thank you.

If you can still log into the camera GUI or SSH into it, just point it to the controller or use the adaption token from the controller GUI, it should take it as long as the firmwares are compatible. I just learned that the hard way.......

5 minutes ago, kaine1688 said:

If you can still log into the camera GUI or SSH into it, just point it to the controller or use the adaption token from the controller GUI, it should take it as long as the firmwares are compatible. I just learned that the hard way.......

I tried that but it still won't show up in the controller at all, it doesn't give me any sort of error either? 

2 hours ago, CorneliousJD said:

I tried that but it still won't show up in the controller at all, it doesn't give me any sort of error either? 

There have been a few changes to the various versions of the Docker in the last few days and I have flitted between the different branches as well so my experience may not be of much use but I had the same issue. I ended up deleting the docker, reinstalling it and then my cameras were manageable again, I did have to readopt them but it saved me getting my ladders out.

I tried factory resetting one of them first but it didn't solve my issue, it also happened with a camera I had just taken out of the box. The delete and reinstall worked fine though. Any time I did not delete the whole docker and it's disk the issue just continued.

4 minutes ago, EarthYak said:

There have been a few changes to the various versions of the Docker in the last few days and I have flitted between the different branches as well so my experience may not be of much use but I had the same issue. I ended up deleting the docker, reinstalling it and then my cameras were manageable again, I did have to readopt them but it saved me getting my ladders out.

I tried factory resetting one of them first but it didn't solve my issue, it also happened with a camera I had just taken out of the box. The delete and reinstall worked fine though. Any time I did not delete the whole docker and it's disk the issue just continued.

Good to know - I can give that a try.

Is there any update on when the new update will work though without causing everything to break? Instead of messing with it so much now and potentially redoing it all again later I may just wait it out.

1 hour ago, EarthYak said:

Ok so I blew away the whole container and my appdata folder, set it up again on :latest and restored from backup and now I'm on 3.10.1 with my cameras actually showing up/online and all my recordings active still. Looks like we're back in business, thanks for this tip! 

1 hour ago, EarthYak said:

That worked great, thanks. Now if Ubiquiti made it easy to re-add remote access to all user accounts it would be great.......

1 minute ago, stormshaker said:

Mine also woke me up last night with the same failure. Is it just a coincidence they failed at the same time, or did the same happen to others?

TBH, I think I’ll move to Protect on the CK-Gen2+, Ubiquiti seems to actually be putting some effort into that.

I'm sure SOMETHING went awry with the upgrade which is why it happened to us all at the same time, however I wouldn't go with the CK-Gen2+ yet... There's a lot of controversy around it, they said they'd offer docker images for UniFi protect, then backpedaled and said they wont support anything OTHER than the CK-Gen2 until they have it "working and stable" and then they'd see about developing a "roll your own" solution. 

This goes against the entire reason why I bought UniFi cameras in the first place, so I didn't have to buy special hardware for an NVR... Now they're saying, for now, we have to. That doesn't sit well with me. It's also why i haven't bought more UniFi cams yet. 

If/when they actually release a docker container for Protect, I'm sure most will want to move to that unless they have legacy cams that Protect wont support for some reason.

Until then, I'm staying with UniFi Video for now.

i'm pretty tired of the Ubiquiti Networks new releases breaking everything.  It use to be straitforward, you install latest .deb, then it is updated.  Now, there is issues with MongoDB versions, etc.  Also, I only have 2 camera, one is not supported anymore (the original UVC-micro) and the new Micro G3.  I created this docker to have a quick setup for NVR, but the updates breaks it almost at every release.  I'm tempted to buy the CKGen2+ and just call it a day.    Is the latest Camera are also Wi-Fi ?  I can't get Ethernet everywhere I want a camera.   Never saw Protect either, is it good?