[support] pducharme's Dockers support thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I believe the docker got an update over the last few days, now when I try to look at recordings, only the current day shows. Nothing else is there.

Anyone seen this behavior before?

Got this in the error log when I try to recover the database under config

1562943122.591 2019-07-12 09:52:02.591/CDT: ERROR [uv.recording.sync] Unable to process: /media/recordings in RecordingSynchronizationTask 1562943122.588 2019-07-12 09:52:02.588/CDT: ERROR [uv.recording.sync] Unable to process: /media/camera in RecordingSynchronizationTask 1562942781.886 2019-07-12 09:46:21.886/CDT: ERROR [uv.db.svc] Failed to acquire client connection null in MongoDb-Connecting

Strange if I try to to last week/month recordings show, but not specified times. Its almost like the indexing on recordings is not functional so I am assuming it has something to do with the MongoDB?.

For now downgrading controller and cameras fixes the cant see recordings issue. If anyone has any ideas with regards to this, much appreciated.

server.log

Edited by kaine1688
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I made a backup within Unifi-Video and nuked my docker installation (deleted the appdata folder as well).  Now after a fresh docker pull from CA and setting the is_default=true setting within system.properties, the docker log shows "(unifi-video) checking for system.properties and truststore files...
done." and the docker will not load the web ui for Unifi-Video.  If I remove the system.properties file the webui will appear but login is not possible, obviously. 

I am not sure what else I can try from my end to get this docker back up and running.

Steps Taken:

1. Delete docker and image

2. Remove dangling images from docker using user scripts

3. Remove docker template from previously installed dockers within CA

4. Create appdata folder with a system.properties file with is_default = true

5. Install docker making sure folder mappings are correct

I have also tried skipping step 4 and starting then stopping the new docker install and then creating the system.properties file.

The docker seems to only use about 8mb of ram and a very small amount of CPU while its in the hanging state with the system.properties file present with is_default=true. 

There is something weird between 3.10.6 and 3.10.8 that I still haven't quite figured out. On github, https://github.com/pducharme/UniFi-Video-Controller/issues/158 this issue is talking about it. The best I can find so far is that in one version, it fires up w/ the wired tiger config and in later versions it fires up w/ the old style database. Maybe based on the version of mongodb.

Read the whole issue first, but I think if you start with a working version running `:3.10.6` and then update to `:beta` it might work. Right now, the beta branch has mongodb 4.0 while the `:latest` has 3.6. :/

Thanks fryfrog!

I think this may be an issue for the Unifi forums, but I guess its worth checking here....

I nuked my installation because I cannot connect my docker to the Unifi Cloud so I can remotely view my cameras.  I go through the process, it finds my NVR, and stays on the connected screen until it times out with an error reading "cannot connect to NVR" but if i go back to the UI for the docker under settings it shows my NVR is connected to the cloud anyways.  I try to connect to my cameras using the iOS app and although my NVR shows up I cannot connect to it.  Not sure if this is a common problem already solved by someone on this forum, or if I will have to dig deep on this one.

I have tried with a completely fresh NVR docker and I still get the same behavior.  I am using Chrome with the Device Discory Tool from Ubiquiti installed.

Edited by nblain1
32 minutes ago, sunnyd425 said:

Ubnt and ubnt are the default username and password. 

Already tried that no joy

when i start the container fresh i get 

2019-10-15 19:33:20.364220 [warn] PUID not defined (via -e PUID), defaulting to '99'
2019-10-15 19:33:20.733027 [warn] PGID not defined (via -e PGID), defaulting to '100'
2019-10-15 19:33:21.150279 [info] Setting permissions recursively on volume mappings...
Starting unifi-video... (unifi-video) Hardware type:Unknown
(unifi-video) checking for system.properties and truststore files...
(unifi-video) WARNING!!!! system.properties cannot be found..restoring from : /usr/lib/unifi-video/etc/system.propetties

done.

it gets stuck there no web ui. if i then force a restart of the container.

2019-10-15 19:33:20.364220 [warn] PUID not defined (via -e PUID), defaulting to '99'
2019-10-15 19:33:20.733027 [warn] PGID not defined (via -e PGID), defaulting to '100'
2019-10-15 19:33:21.150279 [info] Setting permissions recursively on volume mappings...
(unifi-video) WARNING!!!! system.properties cannot be found..restoring from : /usr/lib/unifi-video/etc/system.propetties

done.
Waiting for mongodb to come online.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Stopping unifi-video... done.
2019-10-15 19:42:21.317846 [warn] PUID not defined (via -e PUID), defaulting to '99'
2019-10-15 19:42:21.339894 [warn] PGID not defined (via -e PGID), defaulting to '100'
2019-10-15 19:42:21.664134 [info] Permissions already set for volume mappings
done.
Waiting for mongodb to come online..... done.

And then i get the webUI however i get a login screen that i have no credentials for.

Edited by Target-Bravo
More Info

I can confirm that writing "is_default=true" simply makes it so that Unifi-Video rebuilds the database but it will always return me to the login window.

The only thing I altered from the original template is the installation folder. I don't have a cache drive anymore so I just installed it in the array (user/appdata).

Edited by migueldias