[support] pducharme's Dockers support thread

Hi,

I'm not sure why, but Unraid automatically upgraded the Unifi Video docker container and now my user name and password are no longer accepted. The Unifi Video application throws the 'invalid username and/or password' error. I'm 100% sure I'm using the correct credentials and I didn't change them recently either. Any of you recognize the issue/have any suggestions?

Try using the label for the version you were running, to get you fixed up to start. Do you know what that was? My *guess* would be `:3.10.6` because 3.10.7, 3.10.8 and 3.10.10 have been where all the trouble is. From there, I'd probably make a backup and then fire up a clean `:latest` and load the backup.

32 minutes ago, fryfrog said:

Try using the label for the version you were running, to get you fixed up to start. Do you know what that was? My *guess* would be `:3.10.6` because 3.10.7, 3.10.8 and 3.10.10 have been where all the trouble is. From there, I'd probably make a backup and then fire up a clean `:latest` and load the backup.

I'm having that same problem, and I was on latest. Last update was last night, and looking at my recordings, I had stuff stop recording around the time I updated the docker. Not sure which version I should try to roll back to, but I've tried 3.10.6 and 3.10.8.4.0 (since that's the last unique number on the github repo). Any thoughts or ideas?

EDIT: Tried beta and testing as well, no job in getting logged back in.

Edited by Eyeheartpie

I'm not sure how good you are at this stuff, but my guess is that your old working version used the old type of db and the new version is trying to use wired tiger. If you have the skills, you could fire up mongodb w/ the old db, dump it and then stop it. Then fire up w/ the *new* mongodb and import the dumped db. That is how I converted my old mongodb -> wiredTiger. It wasn't *that* hard, but it also wasn't super easy.

1 minute ago, fryfrog said:

I'm not sure how good you are at this stuff, but my guess is that your old working version used the old type of db and the new version is trying to use wired tiger. If you have the skills, you could fire up mongodb w/ the old db, dump it and then stop it. Then fire up w/ the *new* mongodb and import the dumped db. That is how I converted my old mongodb -> wiredTiger. It wasn't *that* hard, but it also wasn't super easy.

I think I could manage that with some fiddling, but I was checking out inside the container and I do have daily backups of my config going back a week, so it's possible I can just restore one of those backups to a clean install of latest. Just out of curiosity, what version changed from mongodb to wiredTiger?

Ugh, that is the question, eh? I think they may have been fiddling w/ how they decided between old (i forget the name) and wired tiger. For a long time, it looked like it was based on the mongodb version... but then somewhere in 3.10.7 it changed and I never could figure out what they were basing it on. So it was "better" and "safer" to just bump it up to MongoDB 4.0 and let it use wired tiger. :(

I hate trying to figure out wtf they're doing.

1 minute ago, fryfrog said:

Ugh, that is the question, eh? I think they may have been fiddling w/ how they decided between old (i forget the name) and wired tiger. For a long time, it looked like it was based on the mongodb version... but then somewhere in 3.10.7 it changed and I never could figure out what they were basing it on. So it was "better" and "safer" to just bump it up to MongoDB 4.0 and let it use wired tiger. :(

I hate trying to figure out wtf they're doing.

Oof. That sounds insane.

I went back version by version and I was able to get 3.10.2 and 3.10.4 logged in, but I can't get logged in to 3.10.6. The issue is that in 3.10.4, it says it can't connect to my camera because "firmware not supported".

So for a moment while 3.10.4 is up, `docker exec` into the container and `ps aux` and look at the mongodb running command. It'll point at a `.conf` file and the name of that file should make it obvious if it is wt or not. I think *in* that conf file will tell you where the db files are. Then you can fire up a latest instance and compare. Probably you'll find the old is using old db and pointing at old db path, new using wt and pointed at new db path. From there, you'd just dump to file, restore from file to wt into the right place and if you're lucky it'll work.

Or just clean install and restore. :)

12 minutes ago, fryfrog said:

So for a moment while 3.10.4 is up, `docker exec` into the container and `ps aux` and look at the mongodb running command. It'll point at a `.conf` file and the name of that file should make it obvious if it is wt or not. I think *in* that conf file will tell you where the db files are. Then you can fire up a latest instance and compare. Probably you'll find the old is using old db and pointing at old db path, new using wt and pointed at new db path. From there, you'd just dump to file, restore from file to wt into the right place and if you're lucky it'll work.

Or just clean install and restore. :)

In 3.10.5 (also works), it points to a mongodv3.0+.conf file, which points to my UniFi-Video/appdate/db folder.

How would I restore a config after doing a clean install? I can't seem to find the option in the UI.

I was able to roll back to :3.10.5 and get logged in, even tho cameras showed offline. Do a backup, and then run a clean install of the container.

It took about 4-5 minutes to "Boot" the container, at which point on the first wizard screen I could restore from the backup I just took.

Was able to login again, re-adopt my NVR to my UniFi account, and also analyze the recording database and restore past recordings. Back up and running on 3.10.10 now and all is well, thanks everyone!

1 hour ago, CorneliousJD said:

I was able to roll back to :3.10.5 and get logged in, even tho cameras showed offline. Do a backup, and then run a clean install of the container.

It took about 4-5 minutes to "Boot" the container, at which point on the first wizard screen I could restore from the backup I just took.

Was able to login again, re-adopt my NVR to my UniFi account, and also analyze the recording database and restore past recordings. Back up and running on 3.10.10 now and all is well, thanks everyone!

I did this same thing and I'm up and running as well on 3.10.10. Thanks for the help, everyone.

The only thing that worked for me was to downgrade to :3.10.5 (after which I could login, but camera firmware not supported so they were disconnected). Then if I jumped up to 3.10.8 I could still log in, and the cameras would connect. Restoring/Analyzing the DB brought back all previous recordings.

I tried going from there up to 3.10.10 but had the login issues again, so back to 3.10.8 and it seems to be OK.

WELL, latest update broke it, cant login anymore...

can't wait until UBNT release the udm pro so i can get rid of docker and use ubnt stuff only, so i can blame them ;) ... almost everytime it breaks something...

edit; switched back to 3.10.5 unmanaged the camera (and reset it to default) remove docker files, and started with a fresh one.

now 3.10.10 works... (no backup used, started from scratch)

Edited by sjaak
did some changes
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...