[support] pducharme's Dockers support thread

On 12/12/2019 at 10:02 AM, thetinker86 said:

Unifi Video Controller Storage:
Is there a way to configure the storage to take up a specified limited space. For example, can i tell it to only use 1TB total space instead of using the settings and trying to tell it how much space i want the array to have left?

SETTINGS -> click SYSTEM CONFIGURATION -> in the CONFIGURE TAB Configuration area

On 12/12/2019 at 12:00 PM, suprjet44 said:

Does anyone else have the problem where the time is all wrong?  

Camera time stamp on video - 15:07

NVR recording time - 10:00

current actual time - 15:00

it has been line this since a few updates ago where i lost all the cameras.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix it?

Make sure everything on your network is running on same NTP with same UTC selected

Using 1 NTP server normally on router, and forcing all devices/services to use that server.

Edited by CIA
9 hours ago, CIA said:

SETTINGS -> click SYSTEM CONFIGURATION -> in the CONFIGURE TAB Configuration area

yeah, i have that. but what i want is to like set aside 1TB of my raid and just let it record all it wants before deleting old data. Right now, i have it set to 'keep 4TB free' but that wont help when i fill my plex and get less than 4TB free because the NVR software will stop recording. In windows i could just create a partition and record to it, is there a way i can do that here? making a folder/share/'fo-partition'?

At the moment I'm setting up a 3TB WD Purple dedicated for recording from 5 cameras, to get that off my array.

I'll let you know what I end up doing.

yes, a share should work the same way, may require a user and share... setting the user limit. some command line is required.

Edited by CIA
16 hours ago, CIA said:

At the moment I'm setting up a 3TB WD Purple dedicated for recording from 5 cameras, to get that off my array.

I'll let you know what I end up doing.

yes, a share should work the same way, may require a user and share... setting the user limit. some command line is required.

let me know if you figure anything out. i'm not big on linux systems so its all french to me, but my only alternate thought was to setup a VM of linux and run the server software there and just give the VM like 1-1.5TB of storage. the only thing i could do to segregate a chunk of data for the NVR

• 2 weeks later...

I recently upgraded from 3.10.8 to 3.10.10. I had been putting it off since I was pretty sure it would break, and it did. 

I saved the backup config prior to upgrading and followed the process posted previously, and imported old recodings, It really wasn't as big of a deal as I expected.

Note:
After starting up new 3.10.10 docker, it took forever (like 20 minutes) before the login page was accessible. Was still unable to login, and the restore from backup link was not available.

In order to access the restore from backup link, I had to edit the system.proprties file and set "is_default=true".

• 3 weeks later...

Was on 3.10.8.  Took a backup.  Deleted UV appdata folder.  Deleted UV recording folder.  Deleted UV docker image.  Reinstalled UV from CA Apps tab.  Opened UV webpage.  Restored 3.10.8 backup.  Done. 

Not painless but not painful either.  I lost my recordings but not super important for a one-time loss.  Thanks to everyone that figured this out before I had to.

Let's see if this helps with the iOS app crashes and connection issues.  

On 2/10/2020 at 1:41 AM, fryfrog said:

Hey @debit lagos, what beta releases? For the life of me, I can't find anything useful on their forums anymore. :/

Or are you talking about Unifi, not Unifi Video?

Yeah, sorry about that.  My comment was in reference to beta releases for Unifi Video.  Latest beta I'm tracking is this one: https://community.ui.com/releases/UniFi-Video-3-10-11-beta-4/45423f88-6a3f-40d8-925e-40b5b9b59446

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Im new to this Unifi-Video-Controller
But I have a NAS, where I have installed Docker and in that, a container with Unifi-Video-Controller 3.10.10 it's working 100%

I did use the docker run code on my NAS with Putty SSH to my NAS
docker run -d \
--name unifi-video \
--security-opt apparmor:unconfined \
--network="host" \
--cap-add SYS_ADMIN \
--cap-add DAC_READ_SEARCH \
-v /volume1/docker/Unifi-Video:/var/lib/unifi-video \
-v /volume1/docker/Unifi-Video/videos:/var/lib/unifi-video/videos \
-e Europe/Copenhagen \
-e PUID=99 \
-e PGID=100 \
-e DEBUG=1 \
pducharme/unifi-video-controller

I can see that the Unifi-Video-Controller 3.10.11 is out, and have tried to update.. but then I get a "loading...hang" (browser load for 75min.) and after that the system diden't work, so installed the container again.

Can see that "docker pull pducharme/unifi-video-controller:latest" is version 3.10.10 and that "docker pull pducharme/unifi-video-controller:beta" is version 3.10.11.
So I did run the "docker pull pducharme/unifi-video-controller:beta" in Putty SSH to my NAS, and got a download succes....

My question is now, how do I update from 3.10.10 to 3.10.11 ?

Edited by thomasbp
6 hours ago, thomasbp said:

Hi

Im new to this Unifi-Video-Controller
But I have a NAS, where I have installed Docker and in that, a container with Unifi-Video-Controller 3.10.10 it's working 100%

I did use the docker run code on my NAS with Putty SSH to my NAS
docker run -d \
--name unifi-video \
--network="host" \
--cap-add SYS_ADMIN \
-e Europe/Copenhagen \
-e PUID=99 \
-e PGID=100 \
-e DEBUG=1 \
pducharme/unifi-video-controller

I can see that the Unifi-Video-Controller 3.10.11 is out, and have tried to update.. but then I get a "loading...hang" (browser load for 75min.) and after that the system diden't work, so installed the container again.

Can see that "docker pull pducharme/unifi-video-controller:latest" is version 3.10.10 and that "docker pull pducharme/unifi-video-controller:beta" is version 3.10.11.
So I did run the "docker pull pducharme/unifi-video-controller:beta" in Putty SSH to my NAS, and got a download succes....

My question is now, how do I update from 3.10.10 to 3.10.11 ?

All I did was go to my docker, toggled the Advanced View, and added to the Repository "pducharme/unifi-video-controller:testing".  Saved it and it pulled the update, installed it, and rebooted the docker.  

1 hour ago, debit lagos said:

All I did was go to my docker, toggled the Advanced View, and added to the Repository "pducharme/unifi-video-controller:testing".  Saved it and it pulled the update, installed it, and rebooted the docker.  

Hi Lagos
In Synology DS --> Docker i haven't got a "Advanced View"...

22 hours ago, debit lagos said:

Ah, okay... Never played synology. Sorry.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

Okay i'm up running 🙂

As I wrote i did a "docker pull pducharme/unifi-video-controller:beta" in terminal --> Putty SSH, and after that I stopped the Old (3.10.10) in Docker and startet Putty SSH again and in there I runned this code, the old with Network = Host, diden't work...

docker run -d \
--name unifi-video-3.10.11 \
--cap-add SYS_ADMIN \
-p 10001:10001 \
-p 1935:1935 \
-p 6666:6666 \
-p 7080:7080 \
-p 7442:7442 \
-p 7443:7443 \
-p 7444:7444 \
-p 7445:7445 \
-p 7446:7446 \
-p 7447:7447 \
-e TZ=Europe/Copenhagen \
-e PUID=99 \
-e PGID=100 \
-e DEBUG=1 \
pducharme/unifi-video-controller:beta

And it have runned for 10 min. now, and have updated the Cams to 4.18... So it's working

• Like 1
Okay i'm up running

As I wrote i did a "docker pull pducharme/unifi-video-controller:beta" in terminal --> Putty SSH, and after that I stopped the Old (3.10.10) in Docker and startet Putty SSH again and in there I runned this code, the old with Network = Host, diden't work...
docker run -d \--name unifi-video-3.10.11 \--security-opt apparmor:unconfined \--cap-add SYS_ADMIN \--cap-add DAC_READ_SEARCH \-p 10001:10001 \-p 1935:1935 \-p 6666:6666 \-p 7080:7080 \-p 7442:7442 \-p 7443:7443 \-p 7444:7444 \-p 7445:7445 \-p 7446:7446 \-p 7447:7447 \-v /volume1/docker/Unifi-Video:/var/lib/unifi-video \-v /volume1/docker/Unifi-Video/videos:/var/lib/unifi-video/videos \-e TZ=Europe/Copenhagen \-e PUID=99 \-e PGID=100 \-e DEBUG=1 \pducharme/unifi-video-controller:beta

And it have runned for 10 min. now, and have updated the Cams to 4.18... So it's working

Awesome! Glad you got it working.

4 minutes ago, debit lagos said:

Awesome! Glad you got it working.

Thx 🙂

Now I just have one question 🙂
In the Docker/UniFi-Video/videos folder you have x-numbers of folders, each folder represents a video-camera, but the names are something like this "827e335d-c1dd-376e-981a-c6b7f3e69686" is it possible to make a Script or something, so the folders get the name from the Unifi Video Controller, (The names you have give the Unifi G3 Pro's, so it easier to navigate the recordings from a particular camera ?