[support] pducharme's Dockers support thread

On 3/15/2020 at 2:55 PM, thomasbp said:

Thx 🙂

Now I just have one question 🙂
In the Docker/UniFi-Video/videos folder you have x-numbers of folders, each folder represents a video-camera, but the names are something like this "827e335d-c1dd-376e-981a-c6b7f3e69686" is it possible to make a Script or something, so the folders get the name from the Unifi Video Controller, (The names you have give the Unifi G3 Pro's, so it easier to navigate the recordings from a particular camera ?

Never really thought about that.  Been using Unifi Video for about 4 years how and just got use to folder naming convention.  The only concern I could see with renaming for convenience is that it could confuse the NVR aspect because I believe the naming convention is generated and noted somewhere.  

I'll play around this weekend.

Hi,

Anyone else seeing their AppData share fillup due to pducharme/unifi-video-controller?
When I use Krusader to check size, the appdata/unifi-video/db-wt/journal directory is filling with thousands of "WiredTigerLog" files all 100MB each.

I've stopped the docker for now as each time I start it gets stuck on "starting database services" and the logs start building again.

Running latest update march 24th 5:11am

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2020 at 11:13 AM, redbanana411 said:

Hi,

Anyone else seeing their AppData share fillup due to pducharme/unifi-video-controller?
When I use Krusader to check size, the appdata/unifi-video/db-wt/journal directory is filling with thousands of "WiredTigerLog" files all 100MB each.

I've stopped the docker for now as each time I start it gets stuck on "starting database services" and the logs start building again.

Thanks

I think development has ceased on this product.  I was using malvarez00's docker and while I didn't have the logs filling up, three different times in the past month I would try to log in and it would hang on starting database services.  I found no issues in the logs and each solution I tried ended in a different problem.  That support thread was way worse than this one, and no one was even checking it.  I attempted to install this Docker and it will not even let me log in.  I fire it up for the first time and create a local account, then it boots me to the login screen.  Once I enter my creds, it hangs.  Unfortunately I think out investment in these cameras was a bad idea and with no more support on the software, Ubiquiti has really lost my respect.  I was starting to turn clients onto them for the ease of use, great price point, and amazing community but I have to say I will be searching for alternatives now.  What a joke.

Don't leave just yet. As UI-Matt will tell you, they are still working on UniFi Video and the software that supports the NVR.

As for the WireTiger issue, i did have that at one point. I made a backup, deleted the docker and the associated appdata folder and reinstalled. After restoring my backup, haven't had the issue since.

I've got about $7k in UniFi video products and can understand your frustration. But after many countless hours chatting back and forth with a few members of the UI Video team, I know there is still work being done.

Last days point I'll make. This info video docker is one of the unsupported approaches to using the capability. As I have a Cloudkey Gen 2+ and now a UDM-Pro, you would think I'd move over to UniFi Protect... Why? Unifi video works just fine and meets my needs. If or when we are all forced to migrate, I'll see where things are.

Support for the docker may have slowed, but the software development hasn't.

Hope that helps. If I can figure out how to build and maintain a docker, I'll give it a shot. How hard can it be? Famous last words....

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I'm still here and using it, there just isn't much to do besides keep it up to date. You're welcome to fork this one, learn how it works and submit improvements. I'll merge them.

Thanks for doing what you're doing.

Man I really need to figure all that out... Your said fork and I was just thinking, "man I do remember emptying the dishwasher this morning".

I'm extremely thankful for your continued support.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

On 3/24/2020 at 3:13 PM, redbanana411 said:

Hi,

Thanks

Update - UniFi-Video is working again.
I stopped the docker, went into the Journal directory above, and just deleted everything in a last desperate attempt.

Re-started the docker and everything worked as normal.

On 4/3/2020 at 10:00 PM, fryfrog said:

Speaking of which...

I didn't realize I hadn't pushed 3.10.11 to the *release* branch or tagged it. Instead, I've just been running it from `:testing`. Sorry! I've now done it and Docker Hub should have builds... whenever.

Updated from 3.10.10 to 3.10.11 today without issue.  Nice work.

Today I updated (within the unifi-video server app, not via UNRAID GUI) from 3.10.10 to 3.10.11 and what I expected happened: it broke my installation. Not only all the configuration is lost, but on trying to adopt my 2 cameras it upgraded their firmware, then I was able to login to the cameras, but the configuration could not be loaded, then I rebooted the cameras via ssh, this didn't change a thing, they keep being stuck on loading the configuration. I was able to restore the recordings, but interestingly only the unlocked ones - what the hell! Those I don't need... Whenever I dare to upgrade a thing on my UNRAID system this happens. Utterly frustrating. After FireFly (all my bookings lost - thousands of them) and ResourceSpace (hundreds of hours spent for categorizing ca. 70k photos lost) now the next big thing - at least for me. What should I do next? Revert? How? Remove the docker (but keep the image?) and add it anew with pducharme/unifi-video-controller or pducharme/unifi-video-controller:3.10.10 or whatever the syntax is - can you tell me? And how do I adopt the cameras again? Do I have to reset them pushing the button on the device (on the uttermost step of my 3-part ladder climbing up to the highest point under the roof - not so inviting)? From now on I will not update (except my WordPress installations) any of the dockers any more for ever.

Right now, the `:latest` tag is also `:3.10.11`. If what you're saying is that you updated to 3.10.11 *inside* the container... maybe you can just update the *container* instead and it'll be fine? I doubt it *actually* removed the videos.

The rule with Docker is that you *don't* update the software *inside* the container. You update the Docker *image*. The Docker container is *trash*, disposable. It should be able to disappear w/o impacting your settings and data. Those are passed in via your volumes.

Okay, I understand. I now found out how to adopt the cameras again, I had to create a new "Camera Adoption Token". Now I lost "only" my locked recordings. I mean, they are there on the storage and the backup, but with this UID naming scheme can't be found... At least I learned from this that I have to download the server configuration and store it in a safe place and that I have to download the locked recordings and store them also apart. Thx for your response.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated from 3.10.8.3.6 to 3.10.11 and it broke my installation. Luckily, I did backup before I upgrade. Wiped clean the appdata folder and reinstalled the container. Restored from the backup and all cameras showed up fine. Now I have an issue with old recordings are not showing up and new videos are not recorded. It says High Count of Empty Recordings, Failure to save segments. 

Please Help!!   

camera.log error.log recording.log server.log

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having an issue with the pducharme/unifi-video-controller container. I can still watch the live stream video from my cameras, but I can't view the recordings in the browser window, either from the recordings tab or the timeline tab. I can see there are recordings, but when I click one, it just pops up as a black screen. I can download them and watch them fine, but I can't watch them in the browser window anymore. Any help?

32 minutes ago, Eyeheartpie said:

I'm having an issue with the pducharme/unifi-video-controller container. I can still watch the live stream video from my cameras, but I can't view the recordings in the browser window, either from the recordings tab or the timeline tab. I can see there are recordings, but when I click one, it just pops up as a black screen. I can download them and watch them fine, but I can't watch them in the browser window anymore. Any help?

Which browser?  Recently I was having issues with using Brave... had to go back to Firefox.

Edited by debit lagos
5 minutes ago, debit lagos said:

Which browser?  Recently I was having issues with using Brave... had to go back to Firefox.

I'm using Firefox as well. I just tried in Chrome and it works there, but for some reason it's not working in Firefox. I tried disabling all addons and still no go, even with a forced refresh.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Pducharme said:

The End of UniFi-Video was annonced... 

https://community.ui.com/questions/UniFi-Video-Products-End-of-Life-Announcement/dc529d39-0e58-43cc-96f0-8f0eed0d002c

Seems that i'll retire this docker at the end of the year.

Thanks for sharing. I will probably continue to run this with it's final update. I can still access locally at least and via my own remote access. 

Will you just tag it as unsupported and let people still install from CA?