[support] pducharme's Dockers support thread

So login is still working, thought maybe we dodged the bullet, then I found the update below. Frustrating... nice while it lasted. Please keep the docker available since it will still work fine with local/vpn login.

Note: Remote access has been extended to Jan. 15, 2021 - users will still be able to log in and access their UniFi Video installations via video.ui.com until this date.

1 hour ago, Squid said:

So TLDR, how does this all affect CA?  Should the app be pulled from CA?  

IMO maybe marked as depreciated. It still works though. 

Ubiquiti just doesn't let you remotely access via THEIR cloud services anymore, and it's not longer updated or supported. 

But again it still works. The little yellow exclamation mark with depreciated tag would be appropriate here in my opinion. 

• 3 weeks later...

I understand this is an EOL container and there is no further support. But I imagine quite a few people will keep running rigs on latest.

Without going into too much detail, I have had a lot of grief with last container 3.10.13 forcing my camera firmware to a version that causes significant image issues. This is the first time I see this in the last 2 years and I believe latest FW is flawed.

It pushes both UVC-G3 Domes to FW v4.23.8. The picture is duller and when it's dark the IR is not operating correctly, being in limbo between on/off states. When set to Auto as before, with any sensitivity, everything turns grey regardless of lights in scenery and picture has red-ish splotches. The image is way too dark compared to IR = ON (full) and too noisy. No setting rejigging can match previous FWs picture.

Once the camera is unmanaged and rolled down to FW v4.22.13 (uvc.s2l.v4.22.13_2020-05-19) everything looks fine again. But unifi video "manage" will force FW up to the higher version again. On one occasion when I tried to manage the camera with  the previous FW loaded (via Web UI) it would not connect the camera until rebooted. Surely it should be backwards compatible?

Is it possible to prevent UVC forcing the camera firmware upgrade? Anything that can be hacked into the config files to disable or feed the desirable version?

The setup is on Synology/Docker for the past couple of years without any issues till now.

Thanks

I managed to resolve this, writing steps here in case it helps anyone struggling with UV 3.10.13 / firmware v4.23.8 on Synology/Docker config.

As described above FW v4.23.8 is not working correctly on UVC-G3 Domes. I am not sure why but would rather downgrade that record messed up picture.

I use UV to manage cameras and is automatically forcing built-in firmware v4.23.8.

In order to replace the FW you need root access to the emulated container, so the environment within Docker. For those working in Ubuntu it may be more straightforward.

Obviously backup a config before doing anything.

SSH to Synology as admin and run:

sudo docker container ls

After obtaining a container_id e.g

CONTAINER ID   IMAGE                                     COMMAND       CREATED        STATUS        PORTS      NAMES   

c43g6tuiw245   pducharme/unifi-video-controller:latest   "/run.sh"     6 weeks ago    Up 4 weeks        unifi-video_3.10.13                           

You can bash as root to unifi-video running container:

sudo docker exec -it CONTAINER_ID bash

e.g
sudo docker exec -it c43g6tuiw245 bash

From there you can just follow firmware paths by Unifi:

https://help.ui.com/hc/en-us/articles/205231480-UniFi-Video-Firmware-File-Location-on-Disk

In my case it was a Gen2 so I went in "/usr/lib/unifi-video/fw/S2L/", renamed "v4.23.8.bin" to e.g "v4.23.8.bin.BAK" and pulled the FW of my choice under the same.  I unmanaged cameras and flushed their FW to the same, after rebooting UVC I re-managed and everything was mint.

Edited by lotk
  • 1 year later...

Had to reinstall my docker and wanting to get unifi video up and running again but it doesn't start.

Webui says Starting unifi video services.

Logs for the container says that mongo isn't started.

2022-09-12 23:17:49.398759 Starting unifi-video... (unifi-video) Hardware type:Unknown
(unifi-video) checking for system.properties and truststore files...
done.
/run.sh: line 101: 17464 Aborted mongo --quiet localhost:7441 --eval "{ ping: 1}" > /dev/null 2>&1

The log file is ful of aborted mongo.

Edited by shunde
code edit
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/13/2022 at 10:25 AM, shunde said:

Had to reinstall my docker and wanting to get unifi video up and running again but it doesn't start.

Webui says Starting unifi video services.

Logs for the container says that mongo isn't started.

2022-09-12 23:17:49.398759 Starting unifi-video... (unifi-video) Hardware type:Unknown
done.
/run.sh: line 101: 17464 Aborted mongo --quiet localhost:7441 --eval "{ ping: 1}" > /dev/null 2>&1

The log file is ful of aborted mongo.

I have the same problem and tryed all the stuff i found in the Internet. 

1665484148.323 2022-10-11 12:29:08.323/CEST: ERROR [uv.common] [ExtendedThreadPoolExecutor] !!!ERROR!!! Future ExecutionException:java.lang.NullPointerException in CSTask-00 
1665484101.738 2022-10-11 12:28:21.738/CEST: ERROR [uv.db.svc] Failed to acquire client connection null in MongoDb-Connecting

You got a solution by now - or anyone got an idea?

• 4 months later...

Hi,
i have problems with my Unfi Video Docker on Unraid 6.11.5 with the latest available "Unifi-Video" Version.

The GUI shows me:

Starting Unifi Video Services

Database Service

In the Log window i can see the following:

2023-02-24 07:41:00.541431 [info] UMASK defined as '002'.
2023-02-24 07:41:00.559044 [info] PUID defined as '99'
2023-02-24 07:41:00.608260 [info] PGID defined as '100'
2023-02-24 07:41:00.649438 [info] File perms.txt blocks chown/chmod of videos.
2023-02-24 07:41:00.663331 Starting unifi-video... (unifi-video) Hardware type:Unknown
done.

Has anyone a solution for that problem?