Copying to array, says "Disk Full" but there is plenty of space left on array

v5.0.5

Copying some large VMDK files to a a split-level 3 share. The file copy dialogue says it's out of space, but the array has plenty of space left. I'm guessing the underlying disk is full but the array isn't switching to the next disk.

How can I fix this?

The easiest way is to write the files to the disk share instead of a user share..

The more structural way is to go into your share settings and check minimum free space requirements.. I am guessing that the file is bigger then the drive that is trying to receive the file has space... unraid does not continue writing to the next drive, an individual file needs to be on one disk..

According to your settings there is a specific disk that is still able to receive data, unfortunately the amount of free space is less then the size of the file.. This would typically only happen (unless you have made a very specific setup) with very large files... VMDK's can be that.. Write to the disk share, it will be the easiest way to solve this..