Sparklyballs' Repo- Sparkly Stuff In Here

Filezilla stated there is a new version and I tried updating but it was a no go. The current version works but just and fyi

DON'T update in the container.......

i just bumped the version to 3.11.0.1 in the image and it's building on dockerhub now.

Not updating in the container - is that a rule we should go with for ALL Dockers!? E.g. SAB, CTO, SCR etc

those have a different setup (ie an edge routine) etc...

this container doesn't have that and gets a fixed version from sourceforge, trying to update inside the container will just cause no end of problems, in short, DON'T DO IT.

Filezilla stated there is a new version and I tried updating but it was a no go. The current version works but just and fyi

DON'T update in the container.......

i just bumped the version to 3.11.0.1 in the image and it's building on dockerhub now.

Not updating in the container - is that a rule we should go with for ALL Dockers!? E.g. SAB, CTO, SCR etc

those have a different setup (ie an edge routine) etc...

this container doesn't have that and gets a fixed version from sourceforge, trying to update inside the container will just cause no end of problems, in short, DON'T DO IT.

Im up to date now

Trying to install KODI-headless docker and nothing is happening when I click on the Create button. I set my host path to /mnt/user/appdata/kodi-server/ which is on my cache drive. Changed the host port to 8081, so as not to interfere with unMenu. i am running unRAID v6-RC4. I have tried a reboot and still get the same results. Is there something wrong with the template.

Trying to install KODI-headless docker and nothing is happening when I click on the Create button. I set my host path to /mnt/user/appdata/kodi-server/ which is on my cache drive. Changed the host port to 8081, so as not to interfere with unMenu. i am running unRAID v6-RC4. I have tried a reboot and still get the same results. Is there something wrong with the template.

nothing wrong with the template, click the advanced view button in the template and fill in the variables.

nothing wrong with the template, click the advanced view button in the template and fill in the variables.

Thanks, that did the trick. :)

I am getting a continuous "Connection to server lost" red box in the upper left corner. Why is this?

Also can we take add-ons and add them the docker? Is it a manner of copying the add-on folder and settings over and then restart the docker? In particular, I would like to use this headless docker to run the daily library update and artwork downloader.

I am getting a continuous "Connection to server lost" red box in the upper left corner. Why is this?

Also can we take add-ons and add them the docker? Is it a manner of copying the add-on folder and settings over and then restart the docker? In particular, I would like to use this headless docker to run the daily library update and artwork downloader.

the web interface is practically next to useless. it has to be enabled for updates etc...

Im trying to install bright game panel but i get this on the setup?

Any ideas?

I'm having this one, too!

Is the sql database set up with the docker, or do we need to set up and run a separate sql database for BG panel to connect to? Or is this totally unrelated to that?

Im trying to install bright game panel but i get this on the setup?

Any ideas?

I'm having this one, too!

Is the sql database set up with the docker, or do we need to set up and run a separate sql database for BG panel to connect to? Or is this totally unrelated to that?

you need to have an external mysql/mariadb instance to connect to and set up a user (can't remember if you have to set a database too)

Hi Sparkly, thought I'd take a look at Amule....

Getting some errors..

using existing config
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/supervisor/options.py:295: UserWarning: Supervisord is running as root and it is searching for its configuration file in default locations (including its current working directory); you probably want to specify a "-c" argument specifying an absolute path to a configuration file for improved security.
'Supervisord is running as root and it is searching '
2015-06-17 21:55:15,154 CRIT Supervisor running as root (no user in config file)
2015-06-17 21:55:15,154 WARN Included extra file "/etc/supervisor/conf.d/supervisord.conf" during parsing
2015-06-17 21:55:15,171 INFO RPC interface 'supervisor' initialized
2015-06-17 21:55:15,171 CRIT Server 'unix_http_server' running without any HTTP authentication checking
2015-06-17 21:55:15,171 INFO supervisord started with pid 7
2015-06-17 21:55:16,173 INFO spawned: 'amule-server' with pid 12
2015-06-17 21:55:16,423 INFO exited: amule-server (exit status 0; not expected)
2015-06-17 21:55:17,425 INFO spawned: 'amule-server' with pid 47
2015-06-17 21:55:17,436 INFO exited: amule-server (exit status 255; not expected)
2015-06-17 21:55:19,438 INFO spawned: 'amule-server' with pid 50
2015-06-17 21:55:19,449 INFO exited: amule-server (exit status 255; not expected)
2015-06-17 21:55:22,452 INFO spawned: 'amule-server' with pid 53
2015-06-17 21:55:22,464 INFO exited: amule-server (exit status 255; not expected)
2015-06-17 21:55:23,465 INFO gave up: amule-server entered FATAL state, too many start retries too quickly

Do I need to open some ports or anything?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey sparklyballs,

I'm trying to get Kodi-headless working (Helix, not Isengard)..

I have a shared mySQL database working for all my clients (HTPC, laptop, etc)...  I'm looking at the advancedsettings.xml my actual client uses compared to the one your docker generates, they look identical (at least in the database settings part)... But having Sickrage send the update command doesn't seem to update the library..

I'm not sure where to go to debug - there's no Kodi log I can find other than the docker one, which just has:

*** Running /etc/my_init.d/00_regen_ssh_host_keys.sh...
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/firstrun.sh...
creating datafiles
creating advancedsettings.xml
*** Running /etc/rc.local...
*** Booting runit daemon...
*** Runit started as PID 17
Jun 28 16:41:36 422399d91fe5 syslog-ng[24]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.5.3'
Can't open display 
...cron stuff...

Going to the web interface, 'Movies' and 'TV Shows' both fail (AJAX call has an internal server error) - not sure if that's expected or not. 

Is there a shared folder I should set up between the host/container in order to get the full Kodi log for futher debugging?

completely forget the web interface, it's only there because you have to have it enabled for headless to work, but it's useless.

other than that, few questions

do you have a library already scanned in from another kodi instance ?

what are your ip settings for kodi in the docker template ?

what settings are you using in sickrage to connect to kodi ?

> do you have a library already scanned in from another kodi instance

Yes

> what are your ip settings for kodi in the docker template ?

Kodi Docker Mappings:

/opt/kodi-server/share/kodi/portable_data -> /mnt/cache/apps/kodi

Kodi Docker Ports:

8080 -> 8099

Kodi Docker ENVs:

MYSQLip=192.168.1.8

MYSQLport=3306

MYSQLuser=xmbc

MYSQLpass=xmbc

> what settings are you using in sickrage to connect to kodi ?

Kodi IP port: 192.168.1.8:8099

KODI username: xbmc

KODI password: xbmc

Hitting "Test KODI" in sickrage says success, it's just that the library doesn't update... I think Sickrage->Kodi is all good, it's just the Kodi->MySQL that's wonky..

> do you have a library already scanned in from another kodi instance

Yes

> what are your ip settings for kodi in the docker template ?

Kodi Docker Mappings:

/opt/kodi-server/share/kodi/portable_data -> /mnt/cache/apps/kodi

Kodi Docker Ports:

8080 -> 8099

Kodi Docker ENVs:

MYSQLip=192.168.1.8

MYSQLport=3306

MYSQLuser=xmbc

MYSQLpass=xmbc

> what settings are you using in sickrage to connect to kodi ?

Kodi IP port: 192.168.1.8:8099

KODI username: xbmc

KODI password: xbmc

Hitting "Test KODI" in sickrage says success, it's just that the library doesn't update... I think Sickrage->Kodi is all good, it's just the Kodi->MySQL that's wonky..

kodi log

docker exec KODI-Headless cat /opt/kodi-server/share/kodi/portable_data/temp/kodi.log

are you downloading new or old shows ?

docker exec KODI-Headless cat /opt/kodi-server/share/kodi/portable_data/temp/kodi.log

Ah, aha, it's a mySQL perms error:

ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos90 [1045](Access denied for user 'xmbc'@'172.17.42.1' (using password: YES))

Odd that my other Kodi clients are able to access it okay w/ the same user/pass... Bind is set to 0.0.0.0 (by your mariaDB docker I suppose) in my.cnf, and I've granted all privileges to 'xbmc' user... Do you know which log inside the mariaDB container I should peek at here?

ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos90 [1045](Access denied for user 'xmbc'@'172.17.42.1' (using password: YES))

Odd that my other Kodi clients are able to access it okay w/ the same user/pass... Bind is set to 0.0.0.0 (by your mariaDB docker I suppose) in my.cnf, and I've granted all privileges to 'xbmc' user... Do you know which log inside the mariaDB container I should peek at here?

that's pretty much indictitiave of a user/password error usually.

please give the whole log...

that's pretty much indictitiave of a user/password error usually.

please give the whole log...

also that's a localhost address for a container rather than the ip address of your mysql/mariadb container (ie, your unraid ip)... which would seem to indicate that it's timed out trying to connect to an external database and is trying to connect to the client (which isn't a server) instance of mysql that is local to the container.

For the PFsense-Logstash kibana docker,

I got the docker running, I changed the ip to point to pfsense, anything I must do in the pfsense interface, to start sending log ?

go to the status menu in pfsense, system logs/settings

check enable remote logging and in one of the boxes below put in the ip of your unraid box followed by :5140

so for example mine would be

192.168.1.20:5140

and then choose firewall events underneath that.. save out and you should start to see some action in a while

For the PFsense-Logstash kibana docker,

I got the docker running, I changed the ip to point to pfsense, anything I must do in the pfsense interface, to start sending log ?

go to the status menu in pfsense, system logs/settings

check enable remote logging and in one of the boxes below put in the ip of your unraid box followed by :5140

so for example mine would be

192.168.1.20:5140

and then choose firewall events underneath that.. save out and you should start to see some action in a while

Sparky, are you a pfSense man?

nice I have not tried this docker, because i really did not what it did. Is it just a log viewer?

• Squid locked this topic