Sparklyballs' Repo- Sparkly Stuff In Here

2 hours ago, Fredrick said:

Help!

Lately when I've moved files between windows in Krusader they just disappear from origin without being moved to destination. Just happend to about 25 of my remuxed movies and I'd hate to have to repeat that process (in addition to identifying the movies). Anyone noticed this and have a fix?

Edit: This is a move from within the same share where all files are located on the array.

Edit2: It's 64 movies :(

List the EXACT paths for source and destination.

That symptom sounds like you moved between a /mnt/diskX/folder/ and a /mnt/user/folder/ path. Never mix disk and user unless you know what you are doing. Only move disk-disk and user-user. 

3 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

That symptom sounds like you moved between a /mnt/diskX/folder/ and a /mnt/user/folder/ path. Never mix disk and user unless you know what you are doing. Only move disk-disk and user-user. 

Good point, but I definetely moved from "/mnt/user/Media/Filmer/Voksenfilmer" to "/mnt/user/Media/Filmer/VC1 Filmer".

I very rarely user /mnt/diskX.

26 minutes ago, Fredrick said:

Good point, but I definetely moved from "/mnt/user/Media/Filmer/Voksenfilmer" to "/mnt/user/Media/Filmer/VC1 Filmer".

I very rarely user /mnt/diskX.

Double check that you haven't create two paths on the Linux side that are identical expect for the capitalization in the name of one of the folders somewhere in the path.  (As an Example---   Filmer and filmer)  While Linux is perfectly happy with this naming convention, Windows will only show you one of them as it ignores capitalization.   (File names in MS-DOS were always capitalized and it carried over into Windows as it ran as an application on top of MS-DOS.) 

19 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

Double check that you haven't create two paths on the Linux side that are identical expect for the capitalization in the name of one of the folders somewhere in the path.  (As an Example---   Filmer and filmer)  While Linux is perfectly happy with this naming convention, Windows will only show you one of them as it ignores capitalization.   (File names in MS-DOS were always capitalized and it carried over into Windows as it ran as an application on top of MS-DOS.) 

The way I moved the files were in Krusader, from one window to the next. I marked a batch, moved it, then marked the next batch and it got lost during movement. Thus some folder worked fine, the other got botched.. In the same kind of operation.

Regardless, I just checked through terminal, and there is no ambiguity, all folders are capitalised except /mnt/user

31 minutes ago, Fredrick said:

Regardless, I just checked through terminal, and there is no ambiguity, all folders are capitalised except /mnt/user

Check through EACH of the individual disks, not just the user path. The /mnt/user is a synthetic creation, and it's possible for it to get out of synch with the real files on the disk.

Another explanation would be file system corruption. Do you have the "Fix common problems" plugin installed? I'd run it and see if it gives any clues.

18 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Check through EACH of the individual disks, not just the user path. The /mnt/user is a synthetic creation, and it's possible for it to get out of synch with the real files on the disk.

Also a good suggestion, but I still couldnt find any of the folders. Just checked both origin and destination folder on each drive. Both before and after the mover ran, if that could have made a difference. 

18 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Another explanation would be file system corruption. Do you have the "Fix common problems" plugin installed? I'd run it and see if it gives any clues.

Just ran extensive test, and it came back with simple warnings (i.e. not updated dockers etc.).

Also tried stopping and starting the array without luck :/

EDIT: Fix common problems just ran after the array restart, and found call traces. Trying to check them now.

Edited by Fredrick

Call traces does not seem to be related, actually couldnt even find them in the logs..

What does seem to be the problem though is permissions. I tried moving a folder to the "VC1 Remux" folder which was my previous destination, from my windows computer.. And was denied. Turns out the folder had permissions like these (illustrated on another folder):

image.png.bfedd81543359a7cd17369a2296ac754.png

Now I dont understand why it had those permissions, why it worked for the first 40 movies and not for the latter 60, and why it doesn't warn me when there is permission issues, just throws files to limbo.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Well I'm practically ready to call myself mentally challenged at this point. With over 20 years of working with computers.. I just found all the missing folders, in various subdirectories of my destination folder. Turned out I hadn't moved them into the root-destination, but rather subdirectories. Thanks a lot for trying to help me. I checked the total folder size and something seemed off with that number, found them lying around.

Edited by Fredrick
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There seems to be a bug in the current Krusader when running inside Windows Edge.
I started a very large data transfer and after a few minutes the window timed out "due to no browser activity." This was about 20 minutes I think.
This stopped the transfer until I refreshed the page and signed back into Krusader.

When I moved to Chrome the issue went away. I walked off and left the window there for the 10 hour transfer.

Not sure if there's a better place to log this for checking...

Thanks for the app!

Krusader Ver: 2.4.0 b3
Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0
Microsoft EdgeHTML 17.17134

Edited by Wisnaeme
Trying to delete the wrong attachments.
10 hours ago, Squid said:

TBH, I wouldn't expect any fix for this.

@Wisnaeme im shortly going to be releasing a krusader docker image which of course i will support, might be worth switching to as this one is no longer supported, and is an older version of krusader (and a beta at that!).

• Like 5
4 hours ago, binhex said:

@Wisnaeme im shortly going to be releasing a krusader docker image which of course i will support, might be worth switching to as this one is no longer supported, and is an older version of krusader (and a beta at that!).

Please post back here when you release this.  Or do you have a definition of 'shortly'?   ? 

On 5/18/2018 at 1:07 PM, Frank1940 said:

Please post back here when you release this.  Or do you have a definition of 'shortly'?    

Just in case you didn't spot it this is now been released and is visible in CA

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Edited by binhex
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 6 months later...

I'm having trouble with TFTP. I'm trying to PXE boot an ISO to install Windows. I'm familiar with the concept but have never done any sort of network boot. I installed the TFTP docker, set the directory to the directory where my ISOs are stored, and left the port at the default of 69. My computer can't find a boot image via PXE. I'm not sure if that's because it's an ISO or the docker doesn't have dnsmasq or what. I just don't know enough about PXE boot. I can just boot via USB but I'm trying to learn something new.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Squid locked this topic