kodi HELIX headless release

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yup this is what kicks off this work.

Do you see those sql errors on first boot?

my bad lol, i'm looking at the wrong thing, i just exec'd into the container and looked at the kodi log.

yeah i have a bucket load of those kind of errors too, but mine is connecting, running and updating my library fine.

i think those are something to do with kodi running an update on startup sequence of plugins etc.....  and possibly something connected with running this thing headless and unrelated to connectivity between containers etc...

yup this is what kicks off this work.

Do you see those sql errors on first boot?

my bad lol, i'm looking at the wrong thing, i just exec'd into the container and looked at the kodi log.

yeah i have a bucket load of those kind of errors too, but mine is connecting, running and updating my library fine.

i think those are something to do with kodi running an update on startup sequence of plugins etc.....  and possibly something connected with running this thing headless and unrelated to connectivity between containers etc...

but just to make certain it isn't something i balloxed up, i'll run a test build without adding in the preloaded config files.

I am wondering if those sql errors are in fact a red herring, something to do with a first run that is normal (i.e. bad log descriptions everyone gets).

I will delve into it some more as on a second look the kodi logs seem to suggest it does connect ok just that the web ui has no content.

Time to play with the api. On that note can you include kodi-send its a super useful tool for debugging.

I am wondering if those sql errors are in fact a red herring, something to do with a first run that is normal (i.e. bad log descriptions everyone gets).

I will delve into it some more as on a second look the kodi logs seem to suggest it does connect ok just that the web ui has no content.

Time to play with the api. On that note can you include kodi-send its a super useful tool for debugging.

they are something to do with having the preloaded folders, i ran a test build just generating the folders as empty folders rather than a preloaded set of userdata and addon folders. those sq errors are no longer there.

i do agree though that they are unconnected to your connection issues.

kodi-send ???

are you talking about this ?

kodi-eventclients-xbmc-send - Kodi Media Center (Event Client Kodi-SEND package)

that's from an apt-cache search on a test build vm i have with the kodi ppa loaded in apt sources.

i'm not certain it's available outside of the kodi ppa and my latest build version is no longer using the kodi ppa and i'm sourcing the dependencies separately.

Hi Sparklyballs, for the life of me I can not get any of these xbmc's running, I can get any other docker going but for some reason I just can't get this right, there has to be something I am doing wrong been playing with this for a few weeks. I install mariadb check connection with HeidiSQL and get a connection. installed in this case your latest kodi helix with all the info as needed sever IP ,port 3306, user xbmc, password xbmc all loads up but I can not get to the web page or populate the movies when I click on the IP line just error  ( or am I suppose to?) also am I to put anything in the host path for where to save the config file?  Sorry I had to finally break down and ask for any help on this would love to get it working have 4 xbmc units. once all is working proper how what is a good test to make sure.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Lou

Hi Sparklyballs, for the life of me I can not get any of these xbmc's running, I can get any other docker going but for some reason I just can't get this right, there has to be something I am doing wrong been playing with this for a few weeks. I install mariadb check connection with HeidiSQL and get a connection. installed in this case your latest kodi helix with all the info as needed sever IP ,port 3306, user xbmc, password xbmc all loads up but I can not get to the web page or populate the movies when I click on the IP line just error  ( or am I suppose to?) also am I to put anything in the host path for where to save the config file?  Sorry I had to finally break down and ask for any help on this would love to get it working have 4 xbmc units. once all is working proper how what is a good test to make sure.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Lou

is your d/base a container, a vm or on a bare metal server.

This pretty much describes where I am this now as well. Everything seems to work perfectly except for the fact it doesnt actually work. lol

Will keep looking, short of time this now due to holidays.

i can connect from other dockers with kodi headless as i'm running htpcmanager in a docker and it interacts perfectly with it.

are you putting in an actual ip address (of your unraid box) in the template variable for MYSQLip and not localhost, because localhost will not work.

when I click on the IP address with the port 8089 I get the old xbmc web page and won't connect. when I use the IP address with 8080 page can't display.

Lou

the old page coming up will just be your browser cache.

Right you are cleared the cache now both will not connect

these are my settings in the template for kodi headless.

zMWObkk.png

ANseCEk.png

the kodi for username and password is only relevant because i set my database to accept it as a password and user combo.

previously it was xbmc and xbmc and worked as well, i updated my d/base privileges solely to take account of the name change from xbmc to kodi to maintain continuity.

i can connect from another container though, in this case htpcmanager, should also be noted my sickbeard and couchpotato are all also containers and all interact with this particular container.

these are the settings for my htpcmanager container.

Tn5DcRi.png

and this the page in htpcmanager showing connecting with this docker.

UAcTTuk.png

K thanks for the info and your time I pretty much have the same setting other than xbmc for user and password in place of kodi. I will have to play around a little more might have blocked ports or something I did have it working with werner xbmc but cant get it back now. I really like the way you have it running would be very handy for my systems. This is on a second uraid system I have just for this reason to play with stuff before I install on my main system.

Lou