Cache drive showing Unformatted today

Hello All,

Today i loaded unraid menu and seen that my cache drive is showing Unformatted. wanted to see what steps i should follow in hopes to have the disk restored as it holds all my config files and such. seems i can access the disk via putty telnet so i am doing a cp -r /mnt/cache /mnt/disk5 now to copy the data

WD-WCAV52771708: OK - ATA_Error_Count is 5

WD-WCAV52771708: WARNING - Power_On_Hours it is now 38314 (warning threshold is 20000)

Q1: Can cache drive data be restored on a parity check?

Q2: Whats the best way to replace my disk (even in the event that i was not able to copy the data)

Ran with just /dev/sdc and got this

root@SERVER:/dev# reiserfsck --check /dev/sdc

reiserfsck 3.6.24

Will read-only check consistency of the filesystem on /dev/sdc

Will put log info to 'stdout'

Do you want to run this program?[N/Yes] (note need to type Yes if you do):Yes

reiserfs_open: the reiserfs superblock cannot be found on /dev/sdc.

Failed to open the filesystem.

If the partition table has not been changed, and the partition is

valid  and  it really  contains  a reiserfs  partition,  then the

superblock  is corrupted and you need to run this utility with

--rebuild-sb.

sure, this is why i have the thread open :). So when i do it with /dev/sdc1 i get

Error:

unraid Partition /dev/sdc1 is mounted with write permissions, cannot check it

not sure how to address this. I've followed the steps on the post you provided.

I'm afraid I'm at a loss, with respect to that error message.  I've never seen it occur before, and we ALWAYS run it with write permissions, how else could it fix any issues?!?!  I'm hoping there's someone else here that has run across this situation.

Every single time I have a power loss for more than a 3 minutes my UPS stop the array. When the power is back on and I log into the web interface to start the array the cache is always showing as unformatted after the array is already started.

Only a reboot of the server is solving this issue.

I am using Unraid 5.0

The error message appears when you try and do a reiserfsck on a disk that has been mounted by unraid.  This is one of the reasons for being in maintenance mode as in that mode the disks are not mounted (but the /dev/md? devices for the data disks are available).

You implied that you put the array into maintenance mode, and in that mode the cache disk should not have been mounted.  If the cache disk is /dev/sdc, then you would run the reiserfsck against /dev/sdc1.  If you are getting an error message then that implies the disk was mounted outside unRAID or you are not in maintenance mode.

If you want to check what devices are mounted then use the 'df' command from a telnet session.