Moving to latest urnaid beta 6?

skank

Hi

I'm still on unraid version 5.0.x

However, i'll soon have a new unraid case ... and this might give me the opportunity to move to unraid 6 latest beta

Is it already stable enough to go?

I'm reading a lot about the new functions...

Safe to go?

I remember the betas on unraid 5.0 and they were always kinda safe for me to use without problems

ok cool!

So there's no thing to hold me back from using 6 latest beta to use it as a nas

That's correct.    The NAS functionality is very stable; and it supports newer files systems as well (e.g. XFS), which is generally seen as an improvement over Reiser (although Reiser has certainly been VERY reliable).

What's the current protocol for upgrading from 5.0.5 to 6? Do I only need to copy over the new bzimage and bzroot, or are there other files that need to be copied/deleted and things that need to be recorded? My apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere, I haven't been able to find a summary of this anywhere.

Thanks in advance!

What's the current protocol for upgrading from 5.0.5 to 6? Do I only need to copy over the new bzimage and bzroot, or are there other files that need to be copied/deleted and things that need to be recorded? My apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere, I haven't been able to find a summary of this anywhere.

Thanks in advance!

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=36527.0

Procedure starts about 2/3 down but I'd suggest reading the OP in its entirety.  Y

I got a little impatient and decided to just try it out before I got any responses here.

I successfully installed v6.1-b12 simply by going through my flash and deleting the "plugins" folders I found there (I backed up everything on the flash first, of course) and replacing bzimage and bzroot with the new versions.

I also got the Plex server to work in docker by following Dmtalon's instructions here:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=35531.0

So far so good, hopefully it'll all keep humming along.

Thanks, guys!