Possible to get different IP for dockers?

off topic but not to off

So no one here runs more that one nic on their unraid system?

I am stuck with two dual port intel PCI gbit cards because they would not work on correctly with pfSense box and  i thought about installing them on the unraid and see what kind of monkey business i could get into.

Search for bonding

off topic but not to off

I am stuck with two dual port intel PCI gbit cards because they would not work on correctly with pfSense box and  i thought about installing them on the unraid and see what kind of monkey business i could get into.

Search for bonding

Ahh

off topic but not to off

I've got a dual NIC Intel card and bridges setup working in pfsense.  You checked the KVM forum and some posts by archedraft?

off topic but not to off

I've got a dual NIC Intel card and bridges setup working in pfsense.  You checked the KVM forum and some posts by archedraft?

No I have not

By my pfsense box in a stand alone not a vm. But I will hit the search box

off topic but not to off

No I have not

By my pfsense box in a stand alone not a vm. But I will hit the search box

Sorry, assumed it was a VM.  Still. Might give you some ideas on how to use that NIC if you're interested in using some VMs, could allocate specific bridges to specific machines etc

Is there any change on getting different IP for docker?

IP address or Port?

If it's IP address you're on about, may I ask why?

IP address. I would like to get different IP for ruTorrent Docker (or some other torrent program).

For router I have pfSense on which I am running Snort. Snort has active rules for catching P2P connections and blocking them (for all users). I have problem with ruTorrent when Snort blacklists seeder's IPs.

If I can get different IP for ruTorrent Docker, I can put it on white list and Snort won't block P2P traffic. On the other hand I would like to have unRAID's "primary" IP behind Snort.

Is there any change on getting different IP for docker?

IP address or Port?

If it's IP address you're on about, may I ask why?

I also would like to have different IP addresses for each Docker.

The reason is that at the moment I use QoS with IP addresses (router limitation).

At the moment I use VM's for SABnzb and BitTorrent with each their own IP.

Using QoS means that my torrents and nzb downloads have maximum speed when nobody uses the internet at home.

When someone visits a website, or uses VOIP, SABnzbd and BitTorrent gets almost no bandwidth, so it doesn't interfere with normal day to day internet usage.

I would like to keep using QoS with Dockers, but I need the possibility for each Docker to have its own IP.

I would also like to have different IP address for each Docker

I have two internet connections, the Cable connection is high speed but has a low data quota and I use this for my home computers and I would like to stream Plex through the cable connection as it has the faster upload speed than my second connection which is an ADSL connection that is slower, but has unlimited quota and I would like to run my SABnzbd through this connection.

With different IP address available, I can send different docker apps through different subnets and not worry about using a complex routing system or third-party system to route traffic to the different networks.

• 1 year later...

This is an old thread, but maybe somebody will notice ;)

I would love to;

Give unRAID an Ethernet port, with a static IP. Then have another Ethernet port with a different IP, running ONLY dockers on it, this being able to set rules and have multiple port 80 docker containers, nginx webserver, nginx reverse proxy for lan caching - which can't be port mapped to anything but port 80 :)

Without having to mess with the emhttp unRAID port, etc. :D

• 7 months later...
8 minutes ago, benyanke said:

I'm also having problems with this. Many database services require the standard port, and I'd like to run more than one database instance, for security. Has anyone figured out how to get extra IPs for docker containers working?

Only way around it I've found is I run three different MariaDB instances on 3304 3305 3306 not what you're asking but I've not found anything using a MySQL database yet that can't use a "non-standard" port.  But I realise you may not be talking MySQL.....