unRAID 6 NerdPack - CLI tools (iftop, iotop, screen, kbd, etc.)

jonp

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I would like to see "ccze" being added - would that be possible (https://github.com/cornet/ccze)?

It's available from the default ubuntu repo's and rhel (although seems to be missing on rhel8 though but the rpm from rhel also works on rhel 8.

Regards

Sjoerd

Has this plugin been abandoned or close to it? There hasn't been a commit in three months and there are a lot of open issues on GitHub + many of the packages are out of date. Is there an alternative, at least somewhat convenient way of installing CLI tools and keeping them updated?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2021 at 11:21 PM, walle said:

I would like to have the option to install autossh with Nredpack if possible.

I don't know, if you have it running now, but here is how to setup it manually on terminal:

wget https://packages.slackonly.com/pub/packages/14.2-x86_64/network/autossh/autossh-1.4g-x86_64-1_slonly.txz
installpkg autossh-1.4g-x86_64-1_slonly.txz

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2020 at 5:35 PM, xthursdayx said:

I'm not sure why, since it seems like you're no longer having this problem @ksignorini, but I'm not having this exact issue with neofetch. I'm on 6.8.3 and Nerdpack is up to date. Any ideas @dmacias?

I'm still having this same issue with neofetch on the latest version of unRAID. The NerdPack interface shows neofetch-20200708-noarch-1.txz as downloaded but not installed, and my syslog shows "nerdpack: Installing neofetch-20200708 package..." while every other package I have installed says something like "perl-5.32.0 package up to date, checksum ok."

Any ideas why it won't actually install?

On 7/8/2021 at 10:51 AM, aurevo said:

Also, thanks a lot for this, I'm using this (with the appropriate link, of course) as part of an existing script to install neofetch at the start up of the array, since the package NerdPack doesn't seem to work. 

• 3 weeks later...

The Nerdpack plugin code has an issue with Unraid versions with a minor version number higher than 9. It parses the version string wrongly. Version 6.10 triggers this issue 😞

I opened an issue on Github several days ago, here (did not submit a pull req so far).

• Thanks 2

Seems that there are release differences between Nerd Pack and Dev Pack. After installing python3 I ended up with:

root@Tower:~# python3
python3: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.32' not found (required by /usr/lib64/libpython3.9.so.1.0)
python3: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.33' not found (required by /usr/lib64/libpython3.9.so.1.0)

glibc offers 2.30. python3 3.9 does not work with this.

I will crosspost in the other plugins section as well.

Edited by hawihoney

Would it be possible to add Mame-Tools? Packages exist for Slack. Depends are LibSDL2 and GlibC 2.33 being available for a current version. Mostly desired for CHDMAN. There is a docker for CHDMAN but it has a static script that isn't very flexible for my needs. I'm trying to bulk convert ~10TB+ of archived Bin/Cue & ISO images to CHD since they are directly playable and this would be best suited doing directly on the server (especially since CHDMAN is multithread and I have 48 threads to work with on my unraid box.)

I was able to manually install Mame-Tools and SDL2 with upgradepkg --install-new; however the GLIBC available through NerdPack/DevPack and Unraid is too old. I'll try manually installing a new GLIBC and hoping that doesn't break the runtime. If it does a reboot should recover me.

Thanks for the consideration

EDIT: For now I am rebuilding that container by editing the DockerFile to execute a script that I am binding via -v as a file. This lets me edit the script easily to suit my needs and lets me execute CHDMAN without needing to worry about dependency hell and such.

Edited by Xaero
On 8/12/2021 at 9:12 AM, hawihoney said:

Seems that there are release differences between Nerd Pack and Dev Pack. After installing python3 II ended up with:

root@Tower:~# python3
python3: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.32' not found (required by /usr/lib64/libpython3.9.so.1.0)
python3: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.33' not found (required by /usr/lib64/libpython3.9.so.1.0)

glibc offers 2.30. python3 3.9 does not work with this.

I will crosspost in the other plugins section as well.

this latest update of the plug-in made the tools tmux & screen unusable with the same error message.

these tools are used daily here and i kindly ask for a fix.

• Like 1
  • Squid unpinned this topic