unRAID 6 NerdPack - CLI tools (iftop, iotop, screen, kbd, etc.)

jonp

Hi,

with my Xeon W-1350 powerTOP isn't working properly. From what I read, It could be because Powertop 2.13 isn't up to date for my CPU (similar issues with Powertop in the past, were solved by newer Powertop Versions.)

There is a PowerTop 2.14 available on Github at www.01.org/powertop , but in nerdpack only 2.13 is the newest - cloud that be right? Could you update it?

Thx

11 hours ago, ibroker said:

Hello first of all very good work for this plugin tool I have a problem and I need node.js is there a possibility to insert this into the packet or another possibility to install it.
i'm from germany hope you understand me.

Node v14.13.0 is built-in to Unraid 6.9.2. If you need a newer version, run it in a Docker container.

I'm unsure how dependencies work with NerdPack but I've been having an issue where Mosh quit working after a clean install of NerdPack.

libprotobuf.so.18: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory 

After messing around way to long to try to figure out what I need to install I figured out I could install protobuf-3.7.1-x86_64-1cf.txz from NerdPack and now it works. I would expect when selecting Mosh in NerdPack it would know I need this and install it alongside Mosh.

So, with unRAID 6.10.0, in Settings, User Preferences, after the Nerd Pack link it adds to extra "spaces?" And when using the Dynamix "Grey" theme it puts two spaces in and makes it look like the following, if I switch it to White "Default theme" you can tell it's still there just not as noticable.
I removed Nerd Pack and the issue went away, put it back and the issue came back.ad1f36ba5e18b3f062d8b5f070d2399e.jpg9e1a1367ced6a42254338eab19f60a87.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Did yesterday the update from 6.9.2 to 6.10.0.

After the update I found out that my powertop --auto-tune from the "go" file was no more executed.

So I switched to the plugin page and clicked the NerdPack. A window poped up and mentioned that the configured packages (as perl and powertop) are no more installed and if I want to install them again. I did this and everything was again ok.

Just wanted to mention this here as I think this is an unexpected behaviour?

Greets,

Joerg

PS: According to another user this happened also for him when he updated from the latest stable 6.9.2 to 6.10.0, but not on his second system when he updated from the latest RC to 6.10.0.

Edited by MPC561

Sorry, I'm not sure if we're allowed to ask here - but could we get the bolt tools for thunderbolt added to this?  I think I have thunderbolt working in unraid by disabling the security, but I understand the bolt package will allow that to happen more elegantly.  

Many thanks.

Marshalleq.

UnRAID 6.10.2 appears to partially break iotop.

After updating, I reinstalled my packages (and had to install python2 to be able to open iotop again), but am now seeing the following warning;

CONFIG_TASK_DELAY_ACCT not enabled in kernel, cannot determine SWAPIN and IO %

Running;

echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/task_delayacct

appears to fix the issue, but it seems like a bit of a hacky workaround.

Edited by Dalarielus
Formatting
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2022 at 1:03 PM, majo23 said:

Hi,

with my Xeon W-1350 powerTOP isn't working properly. From what I read, It could be because Powertop 2.13 isn't up to date for my CPU (similar issues with Powertop in the past, were solved by newer Powertop Versions.)

There is a PowerTop 2.14 available on Github at www.01.org/powertop , but in nerdpack only 2.13 is the newest - cloud that be right? Could you update it?

Thx

Anyone from Nerdtools read this? :(

Hello All, 

I'm on a freshly installed UNRaid build, and tried installing IPMITool, and when I try to run a command from the console I get the following error, Could not open device at /dev/ipmi0 or /dev/ipmi/0 or /dev/ipmidev/0: No such file or directory

I ensured that I checked it to on and it shows that it is on but isn't there, anyone else run into this?

On 5/12/2022 at 1:03 PM, majo23 said:

Hi,

Thx

i have the same problem. Would be really cool if you could update Powertop. Many Thanks.

9 hours ago, GGANNAS said:

Hi, I use Borg, And I need 1.2.x for borg compact.

But the borg on Nerdpack is 1.1.x, do not have compact command.

So can I do what to get Borg 1.2.x?

So I try to do borg update, Successful make borg-1.2.1.txz by https://github.com/dmacias72/unRAID-NerdPack/issues/66#issuecomment-1167378639, but the size is strange, from nerdpack is 4.2MB, from me is less for 1MB, Have anyone have this problem before?

Edited by GGANNAS
Mistype
  • Squid unpinned this topic