unRAID 6 NerdPack - CLI tools (iftop, iotop, screen, kbd, etc.)

jonp

1 hour ago, darkside40 said:

crossing the fingers on every update that hopefully Slackware and unRaid are not too different from each other, feels like you are back in the days of unRaid 5.

To be fair the reason for Nerdpack being removed is that the whole point of it was for its maintainers to do this for you, but hasn't done so for more than a year leaving you worse off than doing it yourself / not at all...

Edited by Kilrah
45 minutes ago, coblck said:

So i go to https://slackware.pkgs.org/15.0/slackware-x86_64/python2-2.7.18-x86_64-4.txz.html how do i actually download the package, i download it buts a .rar file is this the file i put in the the flash drive folder ???? 

Use the existing plugins for Python 2 and 3 that others have already made. Same for IPMITools if you need that. Search for them using Community Applications.

Edited by BRiT
  • Like 2

Hi, I  need help RE: nerdpack. I'm still at 6.10.3 and hesitatnt to move to 6.11.0 because of the whole nerd thing issue.

I don't remember why I installed nerdpack (likely SpaceinvaderOne videos).

Here is an image of those that are installed (attachement). Here are my questions:

1. Do I need these, or can I simply remove nerd package and upgrade to 6.11.0?
  2. If I do need them, how do I find out which dockers are using them?
  3. If I do need them, what do I do to replace them.
  4. When I execute in UNRAID cml: grep yes /boot/config/plugins/NerdPack/NerdPack.cfg,
    1. I get JUST one entry: perl-5_32_0="yes"
    2. Is this package available as standalone in 6.11.0? (I don't see it in Apps store on 6.10.3)

Thank you.

installed nerd pacl.jpg

Edited by tmor2

How to see which packages were installed? 

I've upgraded, but didn't know this one would be outdated. Is there any log of the previous packages that were installed so I can add them to the /boot/extra list. 

Btw, is the /boot/packages replaced by /boot/extra?

Edit: just found out that /boot/packages was from the dmacias72 plugins. So that's my answer to both questions

Edited by eXorQue

Hi,

i tired to install some plugins which i missed now like libmediainfo.

i go to slackware and choosed the link under Slackware current......

https://slackware.pkgs.org/current/slackers/libmediainfo-22.06-x86_64-2cf.txz.html

when i use this link to install i get the following error :

plugin: installing: libmediainfo-22.06-x86_64-2cf.txz

plugin: downloading: libmediainfo-22.06-x86_64-2cf.txz ... 100%

plugin: downloading: libmediainfo-22.06-x86_64-2cf.txz ... done

Executing hook script: pre_plugin_checks

plugin: XML file doesn't exist or xml parse error

Executing hook script: post_plugin_checks

what went wrong?

Thanks for any Help

11 minutes ago, reppmic said:

Hi,

i tired to install some plugins which i missed now like libmediainfo.

i go to slackware and choosed the link under Slackware current......

https://slackware.pkgs.org/current/slackers/libmediainfo-22.06-x86_64-2cf.txz.html

when i use this link to install i get the following error :

what went wrong?

Thanks for any Help

Are you following the instructions pinned at the top of this page?

6 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Are you following the instructions pinned at the top of this page?

Must not have been, since the instructions won't result in any of those "plugins" lines

20 minutes ago, reppmic said:

• Haha 1

I am confused.

Someone should probably EDIT the first post of this thread to point to the latest news about this plugin, its fate, how to manually achieve the same effect, instead of browsing through so many pages.

I for would love an updated version of nerdpack, as it made some things much easier.

• Like 1

This is all unfortunate, no notice given in the unraid UI and the plugin wasn't disabled/removed. But thanks to the pinned message and helpful replies I think I have everything sorted.

Thank you for attaching ipmi tool as I wasn't able to find it in the search of the linked packages web site.

I also managed to download an install 7zip, which required searching for "p7zip" as "7zip" found nothing (each without quotes).

• Like 1

I was also unaware of Nerdpack not being supported anymore, and didn't see this until after upgrading to UnRaid 6.11.0 (which fortunately went smoothly).

I was using Nerdpack for fan speed monitoring and the screen application.  After updating I received a notification from FixCommonProblems that Nerdpack was incompatible (!!).  So, I uninstalled it. Fortunately no impact seen to fan speed monitoring, but of course the screen program is now gone.  :( 

I thought about it a bit and don't use screen much, so not sure if I am going to bother installing that.  Would be appreciated for Limetech to inform their users of these major changes in the release notes... 😼

9 minutes ago, tropical b said:

Would be appreciated for Limetech to inform their users of these major changes in the release notes

If you want LT to see this then this thread probably isn’t the best place. Maybe a feature request. List deprecated plugins in the release notes or something like that. Or possibly there may already be one that you could add your vote to.

• Thanks 1
  • Squid unpinned this topic