unRAID 6 NerdPack - CLI tools (iftop, iotop, screen, kbd, etc.)

jonp

6 hours ago, itimpi said:

What is meant by this?   Are you looking for a different program for checking network (now that iperf3 is part of the standard Unraid release). 

No, I was just looking for regular iperf3. I'll read the docs to figure out how to initialize it. Probably need a user script to run on boot...

1 hour ago, tmchow said:

just not as convenient since I have to then worry about mapping shares available to the docker, and that abstraction is inconvenient for various scripts I write. 

I’d much rather have mediainfo available generally in unraid

Ever thought to simply map full on /mnt/user/ to /mnt/user/ . That way the scripts shouldn't need changing and mounts shouldn't need adjusting.

I have seen posts mentioning that there are plugins for Python 2 and Python 3 and a replacement for Nerd Pack called Nerd Tools. on my unRAID 6.10.3 with CA 2022.10.16 I cannot find any of these? Why is that? is CA filtering out plugins that are not compatible with the running version of unRAID?

On 10/3/2022 at 11:24 PM, wgstarks said:

Those pkgs haven’t been updated in about a year. I’m sure many are outdated.

I'm just self installing any progs these days via user scripts. NCDU is not one I've used for a long time but I've added it my collection if you want to use it :)

https://github.com/techie2000/unraid/tree/main/boot/config/plugins/user.scripts/scripts/install ncdu

16 minutes ago, Blebbens said:

unRAID warns me about Nerd Tools not being compatible to the newest unRAID-OS-version.

Could someone tell me more ?

Exactly what it means.   NerdPack is no longer maintained and using NerdPack with the 6.11.x Unraid releases can install components that will destabilise those releases so you should remove it.

Depending on what you used from NerdPack then for most common packages you may find that the package is now included in the standard Unraid release or have an alternative way of installing them.   There is also the new NerdTools plugin.

Any chance parallel can be added back? I tried to manually install but I get this error. It errors out like this for all the versions of parallel it tries to install. Thanks for any help.

Preparing metadata (setup.py) ... error
  ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:
   command: /usr/bin/python3 -c 'import io, os, sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'/tmp/pip-install-6dr6cgnd/parallel_91087baebf5c4181afecd2cc19036d31/setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'/tmp/pip-install-6dr6cgnd/parallel_91087baebf5c4181afecd2cc19036d31/setup.py'"'"';f = getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__) if os.path.exists(__file__) else io.StringIO('"'"'from setuptools import setup; setup()'"'"');code = f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' egg_info --egg-base /tmp/pip-pip-egg-info-f5wqws9_
       cwd: /tmp/pip-install-6dr6cgnd/parallel_91087baebf5c4181afecd2cc19036d31/
  Complete output (8 lines):
  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
    File "/tmp/pip-install-6dr6cgnd/parallel_91087baebf5c4181afecd2cc19036d31/setup.py", line 5, in <module>
      import parallel
    File "/tmp/pip-install-6dr6cgnd/parallel_91087baebf5c4181afecd2cc19036d31/parallel.py", line 183
      raise AcknowledgementError, obj
                                ^
  SyntaxError: invalid syntax
  ----------------------------------------

Issue starting iotop

Thank you in advance for support!

# iotop
libffi.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
To run an uninstalled copy of iotop,
launch iotop.py in the top directory

# ls -l /usr/lib64/libffi*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    15 Nov  4 22:31 libffi.so -> libffi.so.8.1.2*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    15 Nov  4 22:31 libffi.so.8 -> libffi.so.8.1.2*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 43432 Oct 24 20:38 libffi.so.8.1.2*

iotop-0.6-x86_64-2_SBo.txz  >> up-to-date

latest NerdTools 2022.11.01

3 hours ago, Unpack5920 said:
latest NerdTools 2022.11.01

You are on the wrong thread then. This is the thread for the deprecated and no longer supported NerdPack plugin.

You can go directly to the correct support thread for any of your plugins by clicking its Support Thread link on the Plugins page of your Unraid webUI.

• Like 1
  • Squid unpinned this topic
4 minutes ago, SPOautos said:

Should I update these that say "update ready" but are not turned on, before I uninstall Nerd Pack.

Since Nerd Pack has been unmaintained it still lists things that have been in unraid itself for a while, those are the ones that show "update ready", where usually it's actually the opposite and Nerd Pack has older stuff than whats built-in. Trying to "update" those does nothing.

Edited by Kilrah
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Confused as to why this is considered 'unmaintained'. The maintainer updated this 15 days ago on Github https://github.com/dmacias72/unRAID-NerdPack/commit/553645649225a8eb36e53e8672abcbe8a9bc4e21

Wish this would be added back to Community Apps since NerdTools is missing so many essential packages and until it at least has feature parity, it shouldn't be considered a replacement. You can find the actual plg for nerdpack here if you still need it.

2 hours ago, lackingdev said:

Confused as to why this is considered 'unmaintained'.

It's unmaintained as far as guaranteeing compatibility with unRAID 6.11.x/Slackware and the latest Linux kernels supported by Slackware. Some of the tools in Nerd Pack were incompatible with 6.11.x.

Edited by Hoopster

I was actually going to "attack" @lackingdev that in his first post questioned the people that actually maintain the "well being" of UNRAID plugin crowd.

BUT he is right. Seems that @jonp actually did make an update 16 days ago supposedly FOR 6.11.

Maybe the plugin need to be re-evaluated? And why didn't the author of this plugin himself comment?

• Like 1