unRAID 6 NerdPack - CLI tools (iftop, iotop, screen, kbd, etc.)

jonp

On 9/24/2022 at 5:27 PM, ailliano said:

SecureCRT_AdH8HgRIG3.thumb.png.3fdf075dfc254bd2f036c72edb94b440.png

Can we just grab these and install on 6.11 ? 

For my personal use I created a userscript that installs unrar fresh on the first array startup. Feel free to bastardise it as much as you like (it's not too pretty, but it does work). 

https://github.com/techie2000/unraid/tree/main/boot/config/plugins/user.scripts/scripts/install unrar

20 hours ago, lackingdev said:

Confused as to why this is considered 'unmaintained'. The maintainer updated this 15 days ago on Github https://github.com/dmacias72/unRAID-NerdPack/commit/553645649225a8eb36e53e8672abcbe8a9bc4e21

Wish this would be added back to Community Apps since NerdTools is missing so many essential packages and until it at least has feature parity, it shouldn't be considered a replacement. You can find the actual plg for nerdpack here if you still need it.

Yeah, there was a commit 16 days ago and it contains e.g. the same version of fish shell they had for Unraid 6.8. That's version 3.10, which was released 1 052 days ago. Although, NerdTools doesn't have fish shell at all, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by KnifeFed
On 10/3/2022 at 10:36 PM, thecode said:

If you don't mind using userscripts you can bastardise my script at https://github.com/techie2000/unraid/tree/main/boot/config/plugins/user.scripts/scripts/install ncdu at main · techie2000/unraid (github.com) to suit your needs. I have it set to install with the initial array startup.

15 hours ago, NLS said:

BUT he is right. Seems that @jonp actually did make an update 16 days ago supposedly FOR 6.11.

Maybe the plugin need to be re-evaluated? And why didn't the author of this plugin himself comment?

Or maybe it was to ease some issues that come up over and over again because users never ever read or follow topics with update notes?

I do not think this plugin should be revived. It has no active maintainer. The suggested replacement seems to be actively supported and maintained. The way forward is with that. Let this plugin rest in peace.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, zoro25 said:

Did nethogs get removed?

I can see a post where a user requested it and then it was added but in the latest version I'm unable to find it. 

thanks.

Nerdpack is a dead plugin as called out in the recommended posts. Go ask in Nerd Tools.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys - got some issues..

Building new test rig

* ncdu works fine with ncursus

* iftop does not - export TERM=linux does not help

* iotop give libffi.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory. In this thread someone opted updating libffi would fix it but I cannot found that package in nerdtools

On 7/20/2021 at 5:19 AM, xthursdayx said:

Also, thanks a lot for this, I'm using this (with the appropriate link, of course) as part of an existing script to install neofetch at the start up of the array, since the package NerdPack doesn't seem to work. 

How are you starting/persistently running autossh in unraid?

I have it running in debian as a service under systemd, but no idea how this is done for unraid's slackware version..

[Unit]
Description=AutoSSH tunnel
After=network.target network-online.target sshd.service

[Service]
Environment="AUTOSSH_GATETIME=0"
RestartSec=40
Restart=always
ExecStart=/usr/bin/autossh -M 0 -o ExitOnForwardFailure=yes -o "ServerAliveInterval 60" -o "ServerAliveCountMax 3" -p 65022 -N -R 65422:127.0.0.1:65422 root@remote-server-ip
TimeoutStopSec=20

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

• 1 month later...
On 5/12/2018 at 7:54 PM, dmacias said:
On 5/12/2018 at 11:48 AM, tomhoover said:
I previously used the mosh server plugin at https://github.com/coppit/unraid-mosh; however, it seems to have stopped working with unRAID 6.5. Would you consider adding mosh server to NerdPack?

https://mosh.org/#getting

Thanks!

I added protobuf and mosh. You will also need to install perl and utempter.

Thanks

Installing protobuf, and perl with mosh, finally working

• 9 months later...

Problem: "Please wait, retrieving plugin information ..."

Every time I open the plugin, it is stuck with that statement.

I Already tried:

• Safari
  • Firefox
  • Firefox Incognito Mode
  • Remove "Enhanced Tracking Protection"
  • Remove Ad-Blockers
  • Disconnect from VPN
  • Re-Installing the Plug-in

No luck. Every time I open it, it does not produce any list and I cannot search anything. The plugin states it is up to date.

If anyone have any idea it would be very welcome, thanks.

36 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Oh well, that explains a lot.

I installed it because I needed to turn on a VM outside of Unraid Admin GUI. I saw a post about someone suggesting to use a Wake on Lan APP to accomplish that task. When I downloaded the app it says I needed a Python 2 package and that I could download it using this plugin, but at this point, I suppose not, and maybe also the Wake VM On LAN App may be obsolete to.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...