unRAID 6 NerdPack - CLI tools (iftop, iotop, screen, kbd, etc.)

jonp

What about the 'find' utils - there used to be a plugin to install this - but is not maintained anymore.  Was real nice to cron schedule a updatedb, and then locate a file somewhere on the file system

Thanks

Myk

I'm sure we could accommodate that.

I have successfully installed this plugin. I know what screen is. Is there a readme or wiki on how to use the other commands that are included? I was spoiled with unmenu, having everything as a gui and don't mind using the command line but would like to get the most out of what I have installed.

Thanks for making the plugin.

I have successfully installed this plugin. I know what screen is. Is there a readme or wiki on how to use the other commands that are included? I was spoiled with unmenu, having everything as a gui and don't mind using the command line but would like to get the most out of what I have installed.

Thanks for making the plugin.

Your best bet is to google or bing for each tool thats installed or for "man <toolname>"

Just curious, is this compatible for v5 or is it v6 only? Not sure if something was updated, but I just tried to install the plugin and got the following error:

root@Tower:/boot/config/plugins# installplg NerdPack.plg
installing plugin: NerdPack
file /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/NerdPack/README.md: already exists
file /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/NerdPack/NerdPack.png: already exists
file /boot/config/plugins/NerdPack/packages/iftop-1.0pre2-x86_64-1.txz: downloading from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/eschultz/unraid6-nerdpack/master/packages/iftop-1.0pre2-x86_64-1.txz ... ERROR: cannot verify raw.githubusercontent.com's certificate, issued by `/C=US/O=DigiCert Inc/OU=www.digicert.com/CN=DigiCert SHA2 High Assurance Server CA':
  Unable to locally verify the issuer's authority.
ERROR: certificate common name `www.github.com' doesn't match requested host name `raw.githubusercontent.com'.
To connect to raw.githubusercontent.com insecurely, use `--no-check-certificate'.
bad download, deleting

Thanks for any assistance.

Just curious, is this compatible for v5 or is it v6 only? Not sure if something was updated, but I just tried to install the plugin and got the following error:

root@Tower:/boot/config/plugins# installplg NerdPack.plg
installing plugin: NerdPack
file /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/NerdPack/README.md: already exists
file /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/NerdPack/NerdPack.png: already exists
file /boot/config/plugins/NerdPack/packages/iftop-1.0pre2-x86_64-1.txz: downloading from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/eschultz/unraid6-nerdpack/master/packages/iftop-1.0pre2-x86_64-1.txz ... ERROR: cannot verify raw.githubusercontent.com's certificate, issued by `/C=US/O=DigiCert Inc/OU=www.digicert.com/CN=DigiCert SHA2 High Assurance Server CA':
  Unable to locally verify the issuer's authority.
ERROR: certificate common name `www.github.com' doesn't match requested host name `raw.githubusercontent.com'.
To connect to raw.githubusercontent.com insecurely, use `--no-check-certificate'.
bad download, deleting

Thanks for any assistance.

Definitely NOT compatible with v5 since it uses 64bit versions.
  • 2 weeks later...

iotop doesn't work with rc4:

root@vault13:~# iotop
-bash: /usr/sbin/iotop: /usr/bin/python: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

also, any chance of adding atop?

Looks like they will have to add python into Nerdpack if they are going to leave it out of bzroot.

-bash: /usr/sbin/iotop: /usr/bin/python: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

Looks like they will have to add python into Nerdpack if they are going to leave it out of bzroot.

Or introduce a dependency on an unofficial python plugin for NerdTools.

@LimeTech @erics @jonp any insight you can provide on this now?

Can't there just be a plug-in of python and users who need it, just "plug it in"?

So a separate plugin for python than the nerd pack?

I probably don't know enough to answer that properly but I believe we should have some basic rules regarding plugins. I'm sure you do already. Compliance really. If you create a plugin, just make sure it has all the libs/apps to make it work properly. If we don't start off that way then we will all be installing extras and not adhering to what unraid is trying to be for the basic user. Automated and easy. Hope that makes sense.

I probably don't know enough to answer that properly but I believe we should have some basic rules regarding plugins. I'm sure you do already. Compliance really. If you create a plugin, just make sure it has all the libs/apps to make it work properly. If we don't start off that way then we will all be installing extras and not adhering to what unraid is trying to be for the basic user. Automated and easy. Hope that makes sense.

Well that's not how plugins work explicitly,  it ideally, we shouldn't be installing packages that won't work because they are missing another component.  This just slipped by us as we are plugging through the RC phase, but we will fix this at some point soon.

Well that's not how plugins work explicitly,  it ideally, we shouldn't be installing packages that won't work because they are missing another component.  This just slipped by us as we are plugging through the RC phase, but we will fix this at some point soon.

You guys are doing an excellent job! Who ever is piloting the ship I take my hat off to them. I understand things will always slip by, especially in beta/RC time lines. I already bought two PRO keys, so I'm dedicated.

You guys are doing an excellent job! Who ever is piloting the ship I take my hat off to them. I understand things will always slip by, especially in beta/RC time lines. I already bought two PRO keys, so I'm dedicated.

We all share the responsibility in manning the helm from time to time and we all take ownership of any issues caused along the journey. Team effort here all the way. Thanks for the support btw, means a lot.

But then what happens is different people make plugins that each require some lib, but for whatever reason they install a different version of the lib than someone else. And whichever plugin got installed last (in alphabetical order) wound up removing one version and putting in another, and something would break.

Right now that isn't happening so much because a lot of things that people used to use plugins for are now dockers, and there is only one active plugin developer (PhAzE) for most of the "media apps" for those who are still on v5 or are reluctant to switch to dockers on v6.

I think PhAzE is going to be needing python to get some of his plugins going again. Will he do his own, or will limetech provide one? Should it be part of NerdPack, or separate? Etc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Squid unpinned this topic