unRAID 6 NerdPack - CLI tools (iftop, iotop, screen, kbd, etc.)

jonp

Love the Nerd Tools. Any chance on iPerf being added? Thanks for the hard work!

Just added iperf to Nerd Tools.  Enjoy!

i'm just wondering why iPerf, it's very old tool! use iperf3 instead IMHO :)

The version of iperf I added was version 3.0.11 (latest stable).  The binary is named iperf3.

p7zip works good.  At least I was able to decompress a 10GB ultra compressed LZMA 7z, haven't tried compressing yet, not sure if I know how or if I can?  -h (help) only shows:

Usage: /usr/bin/p7zip [-d] [-h|--help] [--] [ name ... ]

-h print this help
    -d decompress file
    -- treats  all  subsequent  arguments  as  file names, even if they start with a dash

EDIT:

I was able to compress the 30GB back into 10GB.  All working great!  Thanks!  All I had to do was specify the files to compress and at the end put the .7z filename (the last might be optional?  not sure)

p7zip myfiles my7zfile.7z

• 1 month later...

Is it possible to install just Screen, in v6.1.3, since I'd rather not install items I'm not in need of at the moment?

Found this link:

mirrors.slackware.com/slackware/slackware64-current/slackware64/ap/screen-4.3.1-x86_64-2.txz

Screen also requires utempter, so find that one too. Put them in the extra folder on your flash drive and unRAID will automatically installpkg them when it boots.

Or see here

• 2 months later...

I created a frontend for the NerdPack repo. Your presented with a table of the packages in the repo. It allows you to download, install, uninstall and remove the packages individually and all together. There's a couple of switches up top for uninstall and delete. So when a package is deselected and the Apply is clicked it will be uninstalled and/or deleted if selected. I haven't fully tested the update functions if a package is updated in the repo.

Also if screen is selected then utempter is selected also same for iotop and python. Let me know if there are any other packages that depend on each other.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dmacias72/unRAID-plugins/master/plugins/NerdPack.plg

NerdPack-screenshot.jpg

• Upvote 2

Do we need to have both plugins installed?

No. Just install this right on top or you can remove the other one first. This plugin doesn't install any packages when installed. You do that from the settings page when you select them and Apply. Also you can turn on uninstall and delete then toggle a package on then off (that's so the Apply button will be enabled) then click Apply. All unwanted packages will be uninstalled and deleted.

Also on reboot only selected packages will be installed

And any new packages added to the repo will be displayed. When the settings page is loaded or refreshed it queries the repo and saves a json array of the packages available.

I created a frontend for the NerdPack repo. Your presented with a table of the packages in the repo. It allows you to download, install, uninstall and remove the packages individually and all together. There's a couple of switches up top for uninstall and delete. So when a package is deselected and the Apply is clicked it will be uninstalled and/or deleted if selected. I haven't fully tested the update functions if a package is updated in the repo.

Also if screen is selected then utempter is selected also same for iotop and python. Let me know if there are any other packages that depend on each other.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dmacias72/unRAID-plugins/master/plugins/NerdPack.plg

NerdPack-screenshot.jpg

Fantastic!  I wanted to build something like that eventually since our list of packages keeps growing.  Nice work!

Are you open to collaboration and merging your work in to the existing Nerdpack repo/plugin?

Fantastic!  I wanted to build something like that eventually since our list of packages keeps growing.  Nice work!

Are you open to collaboration and merging your work in to the existing Nerdpack repo/plugin?

On second thought, with the GUI present, would it be more prudent for me to remove the LT plugin from CA once dmacias accepts the PR's I've got on his template?

On second thought, with the GUI present, would it be more prudent for me to remove the LT plugin from CA once dmacias accepts the PR's I've got on his template?

Maybe... It'd be nice to just have one plugin for this (I don't mind where the plg lives - either my repo or dmacias') but I'm trying to figure out the best way to upgrade everyone that currently has Nerdpack installed.  I figured a majority of folks installed my plugin outside of community apps (since you just added plugin support).

I open to whatever you wanna do. Let me know what you think is best.

• Squid unpinned this topic