unRAID 6 NerdPack - CLI tools (iftop, iotop, screen, kbd, etc.)

jonp

At the command line, I type "screen" and I get a command not found message.

Have you actually gone to Settings->Nerd Pack and checked that screen has been selected for install? Earlier versions of the plugin installed all the options, but a while ago it was upgraded to only install the selected options.

Very strange. When I went to Settings > Nerd Pack, all the tools were Off. I turned them on... and hit Apply. Not all turned on. At least screen which is the one I most need is On.

DYpF0Lz.png

Thank you guys for pointing me in the right direction.

H.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for putting this plugin together.

Can we get an nload package, please? Or if someone can point me to how to install nload manually on unraid, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I added nload. Did you try iftop?

I've tried iftop and I like it, but want to use it in conjunction with nload, which is working great, BTW. Thanks so much!

Have you actually gone to Settings->Nerd Pack and checked that screen has been selected for install? Earlier versions of the plugin installed all the options, but a while ago it was upgraded to only install the selected options.

Very strange. When I went to Settings > Nerd Pack, all the tools were Off. I turned them on... and hit Apply. Not all turned on. At least screen which is the one I most need is On.

DYpF0Lz.png

H.

I just had this issue too. Exactly the same. I went to run a script in a screen session and the command wasn't found. Checked the Plugin Status, Installed. Checked my Backup Server and the same thing happened. I start to think it must be the Plugin given screen wasn't available on 2 different servers. Only when I saw your post did I think to check on the settings page...

Same as you ALL of the packages were set to OFF on both the Main and Backup Systems. I have enabled them now and, like you, I now have screen running. Not sure how long my server has been running with these off or what caused the issue. However given it happened on 2 seperate servers I can only guess the issue is systemic.

Interestingly there are also 2 packages which won't enable:

- cksfv-1.3.14-x86_64-1_slack.txz

- fdupes-1.51-x86_64-3_slack.txz

DYpF0Lz.png

H.

I just had this issue too. Exactly the same. I went to run a script in a screen session and the command wasn't found. Checked the Plugin Status, Installed. Checked my Backup Server and the same thing happened. I start to think it must be the Plugin given screen wasn't available on 2 different servers. Only when I saw your post did I think to check on the settings page...

Same as you ALL of the packages were set to OFF on both the Main and Backup Systems. I have enabled them now and, like you, I now have screen running. Not sure how long my server has been running with these off or what caused the issue. However given it happened on 2 seperate servers I can only guess the issue is systemic.

Interestingly there are also 2 packages which won't enable:

- cksfv-1.3.14-x86_64-1_slack.txz

- fdupes-1.51-x86_64-3_slack.txz

Only thing I can think of is if you had the original version of the plugin which installed everything. If you don't need all the packages the newer versions of the plugin install as needed. Only selected packages will be installed after selecting them then clicking apply. They have to be selected to be installed on reboot. Any newly added packages like cksfv, fdupes, virtualenv won't be installed either. Check for updates will get new packages and any updates.

Only thing I can think of is if you had the original version of the plugin which installed everything. If you don't need all the packages the newer versions of the plugin install as needed. Only selected packages will be installed after selecting them then clicking apply. They have to be selected to be installed on reboot. Any newly added packages like cksfv, fdupes, virtualenv won't be installed either. Check for updates will get new packages and any updates.

Perhaps. I haven't used screen since the earlier version of the Plugin. I updated the plugin without taking head of release notes clearly AND didn't know I had to go in and switch them on. All good now though. Thanks for the explanation.

Does anyone know where "fuse.conf" is placed AND if it is persistent?

I am trying to edit it to enable edit fuse.conf to include user_allow_other so I can pass the option

allow_other shfs option

but AFAIK it will be ignored until you also edit

/etc/fuse.conf to include user_allow_other.

For those trying 6.2 some packages aren't compatible with 6.1 and 6.2 like python, apr and apr-util. e.g python 2.7.9 works on 6.1 but not on 6.2.  And likewise python 2.7.11 works only on 6.2. I'm working on a fix to show only compatible packages for each version.

I updated the plugin to work with 6.1 & 6.2+. I created separate repos for each and updated the packages for 6.2. If blank, you will have to hit F5 or click Check for Updates the first time visiting the settings page. If coming from 6.1 to 6.2  just click apply to upgrade all packages.

I updated the plugin to work with 6.1 & 6.2+. I created separate repos for each and updated the packages for 6.2. If blank, you will have to hit F5 or click Check for Updates the first time visiting the settings page. If coming from 6.1 to 6.2  just click apply to upgrade all packages.

Even though it says it updated perl, perl continues to show an update available.

Even though it says it updated perl, perl continues to show an update available.

Which version of unRAID? Any other plugins or installations with perl.

While I plan to try and make it smarter right now it's not. So if you were on 6.1 and had the python 2.7.9 installed but another plugin or you installed 2.7.11 then NerdPack would show update ready.

While I plan to try and make it smarter right now it's not. So if you were on 6.1 and had the python 2.7.9 installed but another plugin or you installed 2.7.11 then NerdPack would show update ready.

This was on 6.2b18. I haven't even had my backup server turned on since 6.2beta was released and may just leave that one on 6.1.9 for now.

I'm pretty sure the only reason I had perl turned on was for sensors detection. I am not using any plugins for anything that has a docker.

I am fine without perl and will probably turn it off. Just thought I would mention what I was seeing.

I did notice Nerdpack showing a different version of python when you updated speedtest before updating NerdPack but that is all good now. Just perl showing update available after it said it updated it.

This was on 6.2b18. I haven't even had my backup server turned on since 6.2beta was released and may just leave that one on 6.1.9 for now.

I'm pretty sure the only reason I had perl turned on was for sensors detection. I am not using any plugins for anything that has a docker.

I am fine without perl and will probably turn it off. Just thought I would mention what I was seeing.

I did notice Nerdpack showing a different version of python when you updated speedtest before updating NerdPack but that is all good now. Just perl showing update available after it said it updated it.

Thanks for pointing that out.  The perl for 6.2 has the same version but a different build number. I'll have to fix that. I updated speedtest and vm wake on lan plugins first which use python from NerdPack. It shouldn't be a problem now that I split the repos. As long as all the plugins are up to date.

Hello, I am getting the following error when trying to use screen as a non-root user:

steve@Tower:~$ screen

bind (/mnt/user/steve/.screen/9390.pts-1.Tower): Function not implemented

However using screen as root works just fine.

Any thoughts on how to fix this? I have tried removing and reinstalling the screen package as well as the whole plugin.

Thanks!

Hello, I am getting the following error when trying to use screen as a non-root user:

bind (/mnt/user/steve/.screen/9390.pts-1.Tower): Function not implemented

However using screen as root works just fine.

Any thoughts on how to fix this? I have tried removing and reinstalling the screen package as well as the whole plugin.

Thanks!

I'd say it's permissions on your home or .screen directory. Just delete /mnt/user/steve/.screen/ and try again.  I just created a home directory for a user under /mnt/cache/home, logged in as user and screen worked fine.

I should have added that I tried that originally as well. And just tried it again with the same results.

steve@Tower:~$ pwd
/mnt/user/steve
steve@Tower:~$ rmdir .screen
bind (/mnt/user/steve/.screen/9324.pts-0.Tower): Function not implemented
steve@Tower:~$ ls -la | grep .screen
drwx------ 1 steve  users    6 Mar 17 13:36 .screen

and just for fun:

steve@Tower:~$ chmod 755 .screen
Directory /mnt/user/steve/.screen must have mode 700.
steve@Tower:~$ chmod 700 .screen
bind (/mnt/user/steve/.screen/9748.pts-0.Tower): Function not implemented

Having issues with the lftp that's been included with the 6.2 repo (4.6.5).  It won't pass ssl credentials correctly, and won't connect a sftp connection.  I reverted to the version included in the 6.1 repo (4.6.1), and it works fine with that one.

Not sure if it's a problem with the specific build you've included, or with LFTP in general.  It's getting "Host key verification failed" when attempting to connect to the remote SFTP server.

• Squid unpinned this topic