unRAID 6 NerdPack - CLI tools (iftop, iotop, screen, kbd, etc.)

jonp

CLI Tools IMO is still the best.  ??? ?

Better description of the included tools and where they are used.  Where are nerds used? ;D

Dunno about that, can honestly say that's one place I haven't used any of my spanners, screwdrivers or drills......  :o

Does this work on 6.2?

I noticed "screen" has stopped working since upgrading to 6.2. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin.

Ideas?

It won't work between 6.1 and 6.2. They use different packages. You'll need to deselect all packages and click Apply. Then select all the packages you need again and click Apply. They will then be downloaded and installed.

Or just select and deselect one package, click apply and the rest should be downloaded and installed.

Just this out as an easy way to get lftp on my unraid box. Worked like a charm! Thanks!

One request:  How do I request an update to lftp? v4.7.3 was updated 7/15/2016 and fixed a critical bug with the "--move" command.  (4.7.2 doesn't preserve folders with trailing slash like it's supposed to and it's fixed in 4.7.3).

I assume you're on 6.1. I would have to compile it when I get a chance unless someone else does it. Then push it to the package repo. 4.7.3 is available now for 6.2.

Just this out as an easy way to get lftp on my unraid box. Worked like a charm! Thanks!

One request:  How do I request an update to lftp? v4.7.3 was updated 7/15/2016 and fixed a critical bug with the "--move" command.  (4.7.2 doesn't preserve folders with trailing slash like it's supposed to and it's fixed in 4.7.3).

I assume you're on 6.1. I would have to compile it when I get a chance unless someone else does it. Then push it to the package repo. 4.7.3 is available now for 6.2.

Yeah I'm on 6.1.9 still. I'm totally unfamiliar with slackware and linux in general (Mostly a windows guy) otherwise I'd volunteer to compile it.

Yeah I'm on 6.1.9 still. I'm totally unfamiliar with slackware and linux in general (Mostly a windows guy) otherwise I'd volunteer to compile it.

Thanks for compiling it. I merged your PR for 4.7.3 lftp fur 6.1

Thanks for compiling it. I merged your PR for 4.7.3 lftp fur 6.1

Hmm.. i updated it but now my system can't find lftp anywhere. Any tips/tricks to getting a package to work again after updating?

Try turning on uninstall and delete and then remove the package. Then reinstall it. Also check the 6.1 packages  folder in the plugin folder on the flash drive for lftp. Many you got a bad download.

hmm.. did the uninstall and delete but still no luck. Makes me think I may have built the package wrong.

All i did was download the lftp zip from the source, then executed a make <pkg-name>.  Was i supposed to do anything else to correctly build it like specify any configuration options?

Try turning on uninstall and delete and then remove the package. Then reinstall it. Also check the 6.1 packages  folder in the plugin folder on the flash drive for lftp. Many you got a bad download.

hmm.. did the uninstall and delete but still no luck. Makes me think I may have built the package wrong.

All i did was download the lftp zip from the source, then executed a make <pkg-name>.  Was i supposed to do anything else to correctly build it like specify any configuration options?

I use a slack build script and latest source on unRAID 6.1. You have to install a bunch of packages to build it also.

I use a slack build script and latest source. You have to install a bunch of packages to build it also.

Ugh sorry for the run around. I must've done something wrong with the build then. Would really appreciate it if you could build and update the master branch with latest 4.7.3 pkg!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a slack build script and latest source. You have to install a bunch of packages to build it also.

Ugh sorry for the run around. I must've done something wrong with the build then. Would really appreciate it if you could build and update the master branch with latest 4.7.3 pkg!

No problem, I'll try and compile it here in a bit

No problem, I'll try and compile it here in a bit

Thanks so much! Got the new package and it works.

Would be great for you to post instructions on compiling new packages somewhere so we can help contribute (properly) in the future :)

Using a VM for unRAID 6.1.9, this is basically what I did for lftp but it can differ between programs because every program can have different dependencies.  The build dependencies listed below are just a compilation that I have needed to build different packages and may not be necessary for every program.  unRAID doesn't include headers for inherent packages to cut down on size of of the unRAID binary and memory usage. So you have to install the matching packages to get the header files. For lftp I needed openssl headers but unRAID's version (openssl-1.0.1t-x86_64-1_slack14.1.txz) is higher than the current available for Slackware 14.1. So I had to manually copy the headers over for that version.

My list of build dependencies for unRAID 6.1.9

I login in to tower and run installpkg /boot/packages/build/*.*

root@Tower:/boot/packages/build# ls
binutils-2.23.52.0.1-x86_64-2.txz*  libffi-3.0.13-x86_64-2.txz*
bison-2.7-x86_64-1.txz*             libgpg-error-1.11-x86_64-1.txz*
expat-2.1.0-x86_64-1.txz*           libidn-1.25-x86_64-2.txz*
flex-2.5.37-x86_64-1.txz*           libmpc-0.8.2-x86_64-2.txz*
gc-7.2d-x86_64-1.txz*               libtermcap-1.2.3-x86_64-7.txz*
gcc-4.8.2-x86_64-1.txz*             libunistring-0.9.3-x86_64-1.txz*
gcc-g++-4.8.2-x86_64-1.txz*         make-3.82-x86_64-4.txz*
glibc-2.17-x86_64-7.txz*            ncurses-5.9-x86_64-2.txz*
gnupg-1.4.15-x86_64-1.txz*          readline-5.2-x86_64-4.txz*
gpgme-1.4.1-x86_64-1.txz*           screen-4.2.1-x86_64-1.txz*
guile-2.0.9-x86_64-1.txz*           utempter-1.1.5-x86_64-1.txz*
kernel-headers-3.10.17-x86-3.txz*   zlib-1.2.8-x86_64-1.txz*

I have a folder on the "flash" drive of the VM named build with a lftp folder

I get the slack build script from https://slackbuilds.org/mirror/slackware/slackware-current/source/n/lftp/

It doesn't always have the latest souce but this one does. I had compiled it before so I just deleted the 4.7.2 source and pasted in the 4.7.3 source.

From the command line I run lftp.SlackBuild

And thats it. The package is created in /tmp.

When compiling packages and the SlackBuild is running I watch for errors while it's configuring the build. It will give clues to any dependencies that are missing. If there's an error I install the missing package and run the build again.

• Squid unpinned this topic