unRAID 6 NerdPack - CLI tools (iftop, iotop, screen, kbd, etc.)

jonp

• 2 weeks later...

And remove inotifytools from the plugin if running unRaid 6.3rc6+ as its now included

Thanks for the heads up. I can really only remove it from the repo.

I added a test for it in FCP to avoid any possible dependency hell situations

FCP is warning me about inotifytools in 6.3.0-rc6, but Nerd Pack won't let me uninstall it because it is needed by the dynamix.file.integrity plugin.

And remove inotifytools from the plugin if running unRaid 6.3rc6+ as its now included

FCP is warning me about inotifytools in 6.3.0-rc6, but Nerd Pack won't let me uninstall it because it is needed by the dynamix.file.integrity plugin.

Interesting... I could never figure out how to get my plugins that needed inotifytools to have the NerdPack register that mine was using it.

Manual workaround would be to edit /boot/config/plugins/NerdPack/NerdPack.cfg and change the line inotifytools-....="yes" to be "no" and then reboot.  (and confirm that file integrity still works -> all mine do)

If you just deselect it and apply you'll be fine. It's the same version that's supposed to be in rc6. You don't want it to uninstall. By the way I don't see inotify-tools in rc6.

Interesting... I could never figure out how to get my plugins that needed inotifytools to have the NerdPack register that mine was using it.

I just search plg files for package name and version with this command

cd /boot/config/plugins ; find *.plg | xargs grep '${pkg_name}-${pkg_version}' -sl

It's the same version that's supposed to be in rc6. You don't want it to uninstall. By the way I don't see inotify-tools in rc6.

Base distro:

- inotify-tools: version 3.14

- mozilla-firefox: version 50.0.2 (CVE-2016-9078, CVE-2016-9079)

- ntfs-3g: version 2016.2.22

- rsyslog: version 8.23.0

It's there.  I toast NerdPack, ensure nothing is left in packages (and I don't use Dynamix FIP, and any of my plugins outright require NerdPack to install it and won't install it by themselves)

While I realize the versions do match at the moment, having a package included in the baseOS, and also being installed via a plugin will eventually lead to the same situation with plugins that happened on v5

I just search plg files for package name and version with this command

cd /boot/config/plugins ; find *.plg | xargs grep '${pkg_name}-${pkg_version}' -sl

Ah...  I don't include the package in the .plg file to purposely avoid dependency hell so your plugin is forced to install it.  But then you don't notice that I require it.

It's the same version that's supposed to be in rc6. You don't want it to uninstall. By the way I don't see inotify-tools in rc6.

Base distro:

- inotify-tools: version 3.14

- mozilla-firefox: version 50.0.2 (CVE-2016-9078, CVE-2016-9079)

- ntfs-3g: version 2016.2.22

- rsyslog: version 8.23.0

It's there.  I toast NerdPack, ensure nothing is left in packages (and I don't use Dynamix FIP, and any of my plugins outright require NerdPack to install it and won't install it by themselves)

While I realize the versions do match at the moment, having a package included in the baseOS, and also being installed via a plugin will eventually lead to the same situation with plugins that happened on v5

I don't see it in /var/log/packages

Proposing the inclusion of the atop package from Slackbuilds, for moments where it may be useful to monitor which resources may be maxing out in a system. It will handily display color coded load percentages for memory and disks, and blink a status line red if it's being maxed out. May be useful in tracking down overburdening issues some people are experiencing.

Proposing the inclusion of the atop package from Slackbuilds, for moments where it may be useful to monitor which resources may be maxing out in a system. It will handily display color coded load percentages for memory and disks, and blink a status line red if it's being maxed out. May be useful in tracking down overburdening issues some people are experiencing.

done

done

A warning that if you install atop (and run it just once) it starts to write a lot of data regularly to /var/log/atop. In my case that's 28 MB in six days, which is way too much. I've removed it and will only re-install it if I need it.

root@Lapulapu:~# ls -lh /var/log/atop

total 28M

-rw-rw-rw- 1 root utmp 28M Dec 20 02:10 atop_20161214

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  0 Dec 14 04:30 daily.log

-rw------- 1 root root  0 Dec 19 04:34 dummy_after

-rw------- 1 root root  0 Dec 18 04:30 dummy_after.1

-rw------- 1 root root  0 Dec 19 04:34 dummy_before

-rw------- 1 root root  0 Dec 18 04:30 dummy_before.1

root@Lapulapu:~#

• Like 1

I have the Nerd Pack installed and updated to the latest.  I am trying to get the Dynamix System Temp plugin working with my new motherboard and it requires Perl to detect sensors.  Perl 5.22.2 will download but, it will not install.  I have toggled it on and off several times and clicked Apply/Done.  The status screen claims Perl gets installed, but, the Nerd Pack stats page always shows it is not installed (just downloaded).  System Temp plugin continues to display the message that Perl must be installed to detect sensors and detect button is grayed out. 

What am I doing wrong?

I have checked sensors from command line and manually entered the CPU sensor name (only one detected, although motherboard supposedly has a system/MB temp probe as well). 

I just want to verify with the plugin sensors detect with Perl.

I have the Nerd Pack installed and updated to the latest.  I am trying to get the Dynamix System Temp plugin working with my new motherboard and it requires Perl to detect sensors.  Perl 5.22.2 will download but, it will not install.  I have toggled it on and off several times and clicked Apply/Done.  The status screen claims Perl gets installed, but, the Nerd Pack stats page always shows it is not installed (just downloaded).  System Temp plugin continues to display the message that Perl must be installed to detect sensors and detect button is grayed out. 

What am I doing wrong?

I have checked sensors from command line and manually entered the CPU sensor name (only one detected, although motherboard supposedly has a system/MB temp probe as well). 

I just want to verify with the plugin sensors detect with Perl.

You probably have a bad download somehow. Did you try turning on the Delete switch the selecting/apply then deselect/apply? You could also go to the  NerdPack package directory on your flash and delete the Perl package.

can you please add powertop to the nerdpack? that would be very useful to reduce idle power consumption.

This won't work with unRAID. The required kernel modules aren't present. Also isn't this for a laptop/desktop system running on a battery?

There are some power managment related tweaks that are useful for normal desktops/servers.

The powertop tweaks (more aggressive pci power savings, etc) lower my idle wattage from 21 to 15 watts with open media vault. Its not the end of the world but it would have been nice to have.

Unraid idles at 31 watts, presumably because I can't figure out how to enable the kernel mode setting for the intel GPU and powertop is not available.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm encountering this weird issue.

I can install the NerdPack just fine, but it won't install anything when i turn a plugin on and pres apply. Nothing happens  ???

I have tried uninstalling several times, deleted all leftover files on the flashdrive and reinstalled, turned off all ad-blockers and tried different browsers.

The problem persists.

Does anyone know what i'm doing wrong here?

• Squid unpinned this topic