unRAID 6 NerdPack - CLI tools (iftop, iotop, screen, kbd, etc.)

jonp

6 hours ago, dmacias said:

That will take longer since there's no pre built package or build script for slackware. I'll look into it.

Thank you, you helped me organize 73k photos last night.  Exiftool is awesome.  If you look at my post history, I've been asking for help on how to get this working in unraid.  

3 hours ago, hooger said:

Is it possible to get "ncdu" added to this pack?

It's a very nice tool for finding which folders/files are taking up all your space.

Can find some screenshots here, as well as a link to the slack package here

I compiled it since all the repo packages required ncurses 6.

• Upvote 1
Ok one last request.  fdupes is notorious for false positives.  Can we add RMlint?

It's very robust and would be a very valuable part of your tool pack.

I compiled scons then tried to compile rmlint but ran into glib version error. If it did work, it would require too many other depends anyway. I think this is more for a desktop environment.
16 hours ago, dmacias said:

I compiled scons then tried to compile rmlint but ran into glib version error. If it did work, it would require too many other depends anyway. I think this is more for a desktop environment.

Weird, I use it on ubuntu CLI version.  

4 hours ago, xhaloz said:

Weird, I use it on ubuntu CLI version.  

I got it to compile finally and without the gui.  I thought it might require some of the packages to run but it doesn't. Just requires python and a bunch of other packages to compile. Give it a try and let me know.

1 hour ago, dmacias said:

I got it to compile finally and without the gui.  I thought it might require some of the packages to run but it doesn't. Just requires python and a bunch of other packages to compile. Give it a try and let me know.

Freaking awesome!!!!!

Is it possible to get python compiled with `--enable-unicode=ucs2`? Most builds of pillow I can find are compiled with ucs2, but the current python is compiled with ucs4.

No, I wouldn't recompile python just to be compatible with some package. It would be better to compile pillow. You can try the one I compiled.

https://github.com/dmacias72/unRAID-plugins/raw/master/source/packages/python-pillow-4.0.0a-x86_64-1.txz

Also you could compile and install it yourself with pip.

https://github.com/dmacias72/unRAID-plugins/raw/master/source/packages/pip-7.1.2-x86_64-7_slack.txz

Then you can upgrade pip with

pip install --upgrade pip

pysetuptools

https://github.com/dmacias72/unRAID-plugins/raw/master/source/packages/pysetuptools-18.2-x86_64-2_slack.txz

And sane

http://slackware.cs.utah.edu/pub/slackware/slackware64-14.2/slackware64/xap/sane-1.0.25-x86_64-2.txz

Then run pip install python-sane and

pip install pillow

Hi, firstly thanks for the great plugin and your great work with it, it sure makes life simple for some of these things.

Do you think it would be possible to get Rsnapshot added? It's a super handy backup tool for pulling time machine style snapshots back to the array from other machines on the network.

I've mucked around with various dockers but cannot get them to work.

Cheers,

Tom

Hi, firstly thanks for the great plugin and your great work with it, it sure makes life simple for some of these things.

Do you think it would be possible to get Rsnapshot added? It's a super handy backup tool for pulling time machine style snapshots back to the array from other machines on the network.

I've mucked around with various dockers but cannot get them to work.

Cheers,

Tom

You should be good to go. You'll need Perl also. Let me know if it works for you.
On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 10:33 PM, giantkingsquid said:

Awesome! it works like a charm :) Thanks heaps! I've got it set up to run through user scripts for easy cron adjustments if required.

Just a few quick pointers for anyone wanting to use this plugin. I discovered this the hard way after a reboot...

• Copy your rsnapshot.conf to the flash drive and refer to it using the -v flag when you run the command.
  • Similar for your SSH config, particularly the strict host checking. Make sure you turn it off in the ssh_config on your flash drive or else any cron jobs won't run if you're using rsync over ssh.
  • Make sure you tell your remote (in the authorized_keys) to look for one of the keys (I used RSA) that are copied from the flash drive to /etc/ssh/ on boot.

I'm getting this error when using "iotop". I tried reinstalling multiple times already

root@unRAID:/# iotop
libncursesw.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
To run an uninstalled copy of iotop,
launch iotop.py in the top directory

How to fix this?

I'm getting this error when using "iotop". I tried reinstalling multiple times already

root@unRAID:/# iotop
libncursesw.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
To run an uninstalled copy of iotop,
launch iotop.py in the top directory

How to fix this?

I updated the python package. The one I included was from slackware current and required ncurses 6.
  • Squid unpinned this topic