unRAID 6 NerdPack - CLI tools (iftop, iotop, screen, kbd, etc.)

jonp

Any chance we could get sdparm added?

I have some SAS drives I'd like to change some options on, but hdparm barfs all over the floor when interacting with them in any but the most simple of way.  sdparm (http://sg.danny.cz/sg/sdparm.html) is supposed to be the correct way of interacting with them, but I had to manually copy the (dependency-free) binaries into /bin/ in order to use it!
Added sdparm
  • Like 1
On 3/22/2018 at 2:14 AM, dmacias said:
On 3/20/2018 at 10:02 PM, 1n5aN1aC said:

I have some SAS drives I'd like to change some options on, but hdparm barfs all over the floor when interacting with them in any but the most simple of way.  sdparm (http://sg.danny.cz/sg/sdparm.html) is supposed to be the correct way of interacting with them, but I had to manually copy the (dependency-free) binaries into /bin/ in order to use it!

Added sdparm

Thanks much!

• Like 1

Any chance we can get LAME added? I'm looking to get a FLAC folder auto-converted to MP3 for use with mobile devices.

Showing my Linux noob status here. Looks like there are five packages needed for what I'm looking for to work. I can manually add them, though it would be nice to have them included here for the UI:

Edited by -Daedalus
7 hours ago, -Daedalus said:

Any chance we can get LAME added? I'm looking to get a FLAC folder auto-converted to MP3 for use with mobile devices.

Showing my Linux noob status here. Looks like there are five packages needed for what I'm looking for to work. I can manually add them, though it would be nice to have them included here for the UI:

That would require more packages than this plugin is intended for.  Any media apps require tons of packages. This is more of a one or two package repo. You might look at a docker or a music docker like libresonic.  Thats what I use for mobile devices and I believe it will transcode flac.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
On 3/22/2018 at 2:14 AM, dmacias said:
On 3/20/2018 at 10:02 PM, 1n5aN1aC said:

Added sdparm

Thanks for adding it, but unfortunately, the version you've included doesn't actually work because it's the dynamically-linked version that depends on libsgutils2.

When you run it, it says "sdparm: error while loading shared libraries: libsgutils2.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

I will admit I have very little knowledge of linux packaging, but I've tested the versions from this page:  http://sg.danny.cz/sg/sdparm.html#mozTocId166213 and can confirm the executables in the .debs marked with [built without sgutils lib dependency] do work on the current unraid with no additional dependencies.  (I just have to re-add it everytime I reboot.)

Hello,  So I know perl is part of the nerd tools pack but whenever I try to install it using the little on off switch it says its been downloaded but fails to install. Is it possible to install via the terminal? 

What version of unRAID?  It should say something like this

perl-5.26.1-x86_64-4.txz package download sucessful! 

Installing perl-5.26.1 package... 

Thanks for adding it, but unfortunately, the version you've included doesn't actually work because it's the dynamically-linked version that depends on libsgutils2.
When you run it, it says "sdparm: error while loading shared libraries: libsgutils2.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

I will admit I have very little knowledge of linux packaging, but I've tested the versions from this page:  http://sg.danny.cz/sg/sdparm.html#mozTocId166213 and can confirm the executables in the .debs marked with [built without sgutils lib dependency] do work on the current unraid with no additional dependencies.  (I just have to re-add it everytime I reboot.)
Sorry about that. I'll switch it to one of those.
2 hours ago, dmacias said:

What version of unRAID?  It should say something like this

perl-5.26.1-x86_64-4.txz package download sucessful! 

Installing perl-5.26.1 package... 

unRAID version 6.5.0 (stable) and it does say that however when I go into nerd tools after running it, the tool still says uninstalled and the temperature plugin wont auto detect and sas perl needs to be installed for this plugin to auto detect.  its the perl-5.261-x86_64-4.txz package

Edited by MBMWR
Forgotten info
unRAID version 6.5.0 (stable) and it does say that however when I go into nerd tools after running it, the tool still says uninstalled and the temperature plugin wont auto detect and sas perl needs to be installed for this plugin to auto detect.  its the perl-5.261-x86_64-4.txz package
Can you run from the command line this:
ls -la /boot/config/plugins/NerdPack/packages/6.5/

And if you have perl there you can run
installpkg /boot/config/plugins/NerdPack/packages/6.5/perl*.txz
48 minutes ago, dmacias said:

Can you run from the command line this:
ls -la /boot/config/plugins/NerdPack/packages/6.5/

And if you have perl there you can run
installpkg /boot/config/plugins/NerdPack/packages/6.5/perl*.txz

It is located there. I receive this error when installing from terminal. I don't know where to delete the files from in the GUI (not comfortable with the CMD just yet) as I was trying to do that earlier to try re-downloading it new.

Verifying package perl-5.26.1-x86_64-4.txz.
xz: (stdin): Unexpected end of input
Unable to install /boot/config/plugins/NerdPack/packages/6.5/perl-5.26.1-x86_64-4.txz:  tar archive is corrupt (tar returned error code 2)

It is located there. I receive this error when installing from terminal. I don't know where to delete the files from in the GUI (not comfortable with the CMD just yet) as I was trying to do that earlier to try re-downloading it new.

Verifying package perl-5.26.1-x86_64-4.txz.
xz: (stdin): Unexpected end of input
Unable to install /boot/config/plugins/NerdPack/packages/6.5/perl-5.26.1-x86_64-4.txz:  tar archive is corrupt (tar returned error code 2)
That's weird. It should detect any corrupt packages and remove them. I'll check into that. But just manually delete the package and try again from the webgui
On 4/4/2018 at 10:13 AM, 1n5aN1aC said:

switched to a version that doesn't depend on sgutils

• Like 1
  • Squid unpinned this topic