unRAID 6 NerdPack - CLI tools (iftop, iotop, screen, kbd, etc.)

jonp

24 minutes ago, luca2 said:

Just a quick question from  linux noob. Installed iperf3 package using Nerdpack. Where is it stored? How can I access it from command line?

Rgds.

The tools are in /usr/bin

Run "iperf3" from the command line.  You do not have to be in /usr/bin to run it.  You can run it from any path.

• 2 weeks later...

Nerd tools is the best plugin. I sent the maintainer a PR and was amazed to see it accept in a jiffy. Just love the maintainer. Can't imagine using any other platform.

PS: They were for lrzip and zpaq. If you're looking for a great compressor for not often used files, give zpaq a try with -m3 compression. It even does block level deduplication.

Edited by daze
Hey Guys, I've installed Subversion from the Settings UI and now when I try to run SVN I get the following error.
svn: error while loading shared libraries: libaprutil-1.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Did you install apr-util package?

@dmacias

Can you add docker-compose to this plugin? It's not a package, but a script that would go in /usr/local/bin/

Here are the instructions for getting the latest (static link for current stable)

curl -L https://github.com/docker/compose/releases/download/1.21.0/docker-compose-Linux-x86_64 -o /usr/local/bin/docker-compose
chmod +x /usr/local/bin/docker-compose

Alternatively, you can grab the latest script by querying the json at https://api.github.com/repos/docker/compose/releases/latest

and grabbing the "browser_download_url" asset with "Linux-x86_64" in the name

You can also query the latest version tag through the same json and checking for the "tag_name" asset (to do update checks)

Here's the original request thread for docker-compose and I believe it would be more appropriate to add it to this plugin: 

Thanks

Edited by aptalca
[mention=11874]dmacias[/mention]

Can you add docker-compose to this plugin? It's not a package, but a script that would go in /usr/local/bin/
Here are the instructions for getting the latest (static link for current stable)
curl -L https://github.com/docker/compose/releases/download/1.21.0/docker-compose-Linux-x86_64 -o /usr/local/bin/docker-composechmod +x /usr/local/bin/docker-compose

Alternatively, you can grab the latest script by querying the json at https://api.github.com/repos/docker/compose/releases/latest
and grabbing the "browser_download_url" asset with "Linux-x86_64" in the name
You can also query the latest version tag through the same json and checking for the "tag_name" asset (to do update checks)

Here's the original request thread for docker-compose and I believe it would be more appropriate to add it to this plugin: 

Thanks

I'll add it. Just give me a day or so.
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/12/2018 at 9:54 PM, dmacias said:
On 5/12/2018 at 1:48 PM, tomhoover said:
I previously used the mosh server plugin at https://github.com/coppit/unraid-mosh; however, it seems to have stopped working with unRAID 6.5. Would you consider adding mosh server to NerdPack?

https://mosh.org/#getting

Thanks!

I added protobuf and mosh. You will also need to install perl and utempter.

I installed protobuf and mosh on my unRAID server (I already had perl and utempter installed). When I attempt to login using mosh, I receive the following error:

mosh-server: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Do you have any ideas?

33 minutes ago, tomhoover said:

I installed protobuf and mosh on my unRAID server (I already had perl and utempter installed). When I attempt to login using mosh, I receive the following error:

mosh-server: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Do you have any ideas?

How are you logging into it? Either the unRAID mosh package was built against openssl 1.1 or your client is. If it's unRAID, I can revert to an earlier version or try to compile it myself.

35 minutes ago, tomhoover said:

Do you have any ideas?

It means mosh-server needs OpenSSL 1.1.0 while unRAID 6.5 only has OpenSSL 1.0.1.  You'll either need to install OpenSSL 1.1.0 (maybe @dmacias can add to the list) or downgrade the mosh-server version which might be tricky.

14 minutes ago, eschultz said:

It means mosh-server needs OpenSSL 1.1.0 while unRAID 6.5 only has OpenSSL 1.0.1.  You'll either need to install OpenSSL 1.1.0 (maybe @dmacias can add to the list) or downgrade the mosh-server version which might be tricky.

Looking at the github for the mosh slackbuild it looks like the mosh 1.3.2 build 6 was a "Massive rebuilt against openssl 1.1.0h"  I downgraded mosh to 1.2.4 because all the previous 1.3.2 builds are gone. I'll try and build it myself against openssl 1.01 when I get a chance.

On 5/17/2018 at 10:28 PM, dmacias said:

Looking at the github for the mosh slackbuild it looks like the mosh 1.3.2 build 6 was a "Massive rebuilt against openssl 1.1.0h"  I downgraded mosh to 1.2.4 because all the previous 1.3.2 builds are gone. I'll try and build it myself against openssl 1.01 when I get a chance.

Heads-up: We are working on getting all the packages upgraded (about 300+) for unRAID 6.6.  Just about everything with be openssl 1.1.0 in the new release but we'll have openssl 1.0.1 solibs installed for backwards compatibility up until maybe unRAID 6.7.

5 hours ago, eschultz said:

Heads-up: We are working on getting all the packages upgraded (about 300+) for unRAID 6.6.  Just about everything with be openssl 1.1.0 in the new release but we'll have openssl 1.0.1 solibs installed for backwards compatibility up until maybe unRAID 6.7.

Sounds like fun. Thanks

• Squid unpinned this topic