unRAID 6 NerdPack - CLI tools (iftop, iotop, screen, kbd, etc.)

jonp

Can you please add libguestfs-tools?

Does anyone have a docker container for building all the nerdpack packages or is there a guide or post about creating your own build environment?  I searched around but didn't find anything.

Edited by brunnels
Can you please add libguestfs-tools?

Does anyone have a docker container for building all the nerdpack packages or is there a guide or post about creating your own build environment?  I searched around but didn't find anything.

That is probably out of the scope of this plugin. It would probably require a few more packages also.

There is another plugin called devpack that has a lot of the development packages. I just run a virtual machine of unRAID and compile on it.

SOLVED

Ever since I upgraded from 6.3.5 to 6.5.0 I have lost the use of unrar. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the Nerd tools app, but haven't had any luck getting this function back. 

-bash: unrar: command not found

I apologize if this has been asked and answered, but I'm at my wits end on this. Any help would be great.

Regards.

Edit.... Damn It, I found a previous post about turning on the individual applications within NerdPack... never saw that before... 

Edited by TapRackPull

Please could you add ruby 2.5?

I'm having some difficulty getting a script working in Perl, as it requires a CPAN module to be installed. CPAN tells me it requires make, and I can't find a package with make in it…

Meanwhile, I know that ruby has the necessary module built in.

Alternatively, is there a package which provides make, so that I can install the CPAN module I need?

Thanks

1 hour ago, ElectricBadger said:

Alternatively, is there a package which provides make, so that I can install the CPAN module I need?

The DevPack plugin allows one to select from a wide range of development related tools.   If you install the plugin do not forget that no packages are actually installed until you go to Settings->Dev Pack and select them for install.

2 hours ago, itimpi said:

The DevPack plugin allows one to select from a wide range of development related tools.   If you install the plugin do not forget that no packages are actually installed until you go to Settings->Dev Pack and select them for install.

Sure, I have perl installed already through the plugin, but running 'perl -mCPAN shell' warns me after config that I need to install make or stuff will probably not work — and, indeed, entering 'install DateTime::Format::Strptime' doesn't seem to leave me with a usable strptime module — so I can only use modules that are part of the perl base install.

I can't see make or ruby in the list of DevPack plugins, though, so I'm not sure how to move on to fix this.

37 minutes ago, itimpi said:

I can see ‘make’ as one of the Devpack pakages.    Whether that is enough to resolve your original problem I do not know.

Ah, there's a Devpack as well as a Nerdpack… that explains why I couldn't find it! Thanks for the pointer.

Would still like to have Ruby if it's at all possible, though.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/26/2018 at 10:42 AM, dmacias said:
On 2/25/2018 at 4:04 AM, cassiusdrow said:

It's added

Hi,

I thought this package was working but after a reboot it was not reinstalling the package.  I checked /boot/config/plugins/NerdPack/packages/6.5 and the package file is not there.  NerdPack.cfg has a line ksh93-2012_08_01="yes" and the plugin page switch is "on" but the status is uninstalled and not downloaded. If I try to re-download and install using the plugin page, it says:

Downloading ksh93-2012_08_01-x86_64-2.txz package...

ksh93-2012_08_01-x86_64-2.txz package download sucessful!

Installing ksh93-2012.08.01 package...

But there is no package file and it is not installed.  I can install it manually for now, but I'd appreciate it if you could take a look.

Thanks

EDIT:  I just noticed that the download filename in the output above has underscores in the version date "2012_08_01" and the install package has dots "2012.08.01". Could that have something to do with it?

Edited by cassiusdrow

Hi,

I thought this package was working but after a reboot it was not reinstalling the package.  I checked /boot/config/plugins/NerdPack/packages/6.5 and the package file is not there.  NerdPack.cfg has a line ksh93-2012_08_01="yes" and the plugin page switch is "on" but the status is uninstalled and not downloaded. If I try to re-download and install using the plugin page, it says:

But there is no package file and it is not installed.  I can install it manually for now, but I'd appreciate it if you could take a look.

Thanks

EDIT:  I just noticed that the download filename in the output above has underscores in the version date "2012_08_01" and the install package has dots "2012.08.01". Could that have something to do with it?
That may have been the problem. I changed the version to decimals instead of underscores.
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2018 at 8:33 PM, dmacias said:
On 7/10/2018 at 12:29 PM, cassiusdrow said:

Hi,

Thanks

That may have been the problem. I changed the version to decimals instead of underscores.

Looks like it's working now.  Thanks!

I dont use antivirus and the internet is also ok. I can download other apps and packages just fine.  ITs been like this for a while on my system I just now wanted to use it for borg backup so im in troubleshooting mode.   I have completely removed the packages from the flash and reinstalled.  It does download the packages but just hangs when it updates.

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried to install pip

pip install --upgrade pip
pip install setuptools
pip install llfuse

I get an error :

Collecting llfuse
  Using cached https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/fc/9f/074ba23d32b961cb4b43c22c70d49f2db2484f7b60777897a87726e2648f/llfuse-1.3.4.tar.bz2
    Complete output from command python setup.py egg_info:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
      File "/tmp/pip-install-Zn3zuR/llfuse/setup.py", line 283, in <module>
        main()
      File "/tmp/pip-install-Zn3zuR/llfuse/setup.py", line 76, in main
        compile_args = pkg_config('fuse', cflags=True, ldflags=False, min_ver='2.8.0')
      File "/tmp/pip-install-Zn3zuR/llfuse/setup.py", line 175, in pkg_config
        if subprocess.call(cmd) != 0:
      File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 168, in call
        return Popen(*popenargs, **kwargs).wait()
      File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 390, in __init__
        errread, errwrite)
      File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1025, in _execute_child
        raise child_exception
    OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

----------------------------------------
Command "python setup.py egg_info" failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-install-Zn3zuR/llfuse/

Hello,
In order to use borg mount would it be possible to add  'llfuse' ?
When I try command I get this error :
# borg mount /mnt/user/backup /tmp/test
# borg mount not available: loading FUSE support failed [importError: No module named 'llfuse']
Best regards
Guillaume
Added llfuse. I'll try and update borg this week too
  • Squid unpinned this topic