unRAID 6 NerdPack - CLI tools (iftop, iotop, screen, kbd, etc.)

jonp

On 10/18/2018 at 3:40 PM, dmacias said:
On 10/18/2018 at 1:31 PM, tomhoover said:
Please add bash-completion.

Added

Adding bash-completion for Docker in your /boot/config/go:

curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/docker/docker-ce/master/components/cli/contrib/completion/bash/docker -o /etc/bash_completion.d/docker.sh

Possibly a stupid question; but i'm running unraid 6.5.3 and i've read that upgrading to 6.6.3 will break the nerdpack, is that correct? The advice on the upgrade topic is to remove nerdpack, but i need nerdpack for several things, git, python, perl, etc...

So does this mean i can not upgrade to unraid 6.6.3?

50 minutes ago, jowi said:

Possibly a stupid question; but i'm running unraid 6.5.3 and i've read that upgrading to 6.6.3 will break the nerdpack, is that correct? The advice on the upgrade topic is to remove nerdpack, but i need nerdpack for several things, git, python, perl, etc...

So does this mean i can not upgrade to unraid 6.6.3?

Not necessarily.    It is not that a new Unraid release can break Nerdpack, but the opposite where Nerdpack breaks UnRAID.   The point is that Nerdpack can install many packages and it is possible that some of these can cause problems with core Unraid capability if they are incompatible versions and overwrite the versions supplied with core UnRAID.  As such incompatibilities (if any) are found then Nerdpack tends to get upgraded to use compatible versions.   Therefore whether Nerdpack will cause problems if you upgrade depends if one of the packages you want fall into this category of needing a different version when used with the current UnRAID release.

This has been a much bigger issue when using DevPack as that has tended to install far more wide-ranging array of components.

O, so the safest thing to do is uninstall nerdpack, upgrade unraid, and re-install nerdpack so nerdpack will be updated as well?
Nerdpack plugin itself won't break unRAID. It's the packages that could possibly do something, although no one has pointed to any problem package. It's usually the packages themselves that may not work between versions due to unRAID updating dependent packages. If you wanted to be safe you could uninstall the plugin or just toggle all the packages off and click apply.

I believe the confusion was over the use of DevPack on daily systems as it was intended for compiling packages on unRAID. But i have since stripped all of the packages in DevPack that are part of unRAID and included only the headers.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Hi fellas! Could you update the python version in nerdpack to 3.6.6? Awesome thanks!

EDIT: Also, pretty new to python on UnRAID, where is everything python stored? Like the libraries downloaded by pip etc?

EDIT2: How do I use pip exclusively with python3? When I pip something it downloads it for python2.7.

Edited by Cetje54

Hi fellas! Could you update the python version in nerdpack to 3.6.6? Awesome thanks!
EDIT: Also, pretty new to python on UnRAID, where is everything python stored? Like the libraries downloaded by pip etc?
EDIT2: How do I use pip exclusively with python3? When I pip something it downloads it for python2.7.

I'll look at updating python but I'm usually hesitant since it usually breaks things. I don't compile those myself and sometimes they are compiled using different packages than are available in unRAID. The path for python 2 is /usr/lib64/python2.7. I believe 3 is similar and all packages from pip I believe are in the sub directory site-packages. It's all non persistent. So if you reboot its gone till it's all installed again.
1 hour ago, ICDeadPpl said:

Request: dive is a handy tool for exploring Docker images and layer contents.
https://github.com/wagoodman/dive

Instead of having another potential cause of issues in a plugin, why not just create this script and run it whenever you want to use dive?

#!/bin/bash
docker run --rm -it -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock  -v $(which docker):/bin/docker wagoodman/dive:latest $1

Then just execute it via something like

dive.sh 71065fde9039

• Like 1

Running UnRAID 6.6.3 with everything up to date, I notice that the libzip2 package is showing as not downloaded but installed, while toggled off - see the screen grab.

60209859_ScreenShot2018-11-04at08_46_52.thumb.png.00066c5e5768c0ec9f368e3c4bf7ca33.png

Everything else shows up correctly as either uninstalled or up-to-date. Does that mean it is now included in the base distro (I don't see it mentioned in the release notes for Unraid 6.6.x) and, if so, ought it to be removed from NerdPack? Or have I got something strange going on (something left over from a previous configuration change, perhaps) and maybe I should toggle it on and save then toggle off again and save? I only use NerdTools to install a handful of packages and this isn't one of them.

Running UnRAID 6.6.3 with everything up to date, I notice that the libzip2 package is showing as not downloaded but installed, while toggled off - see the screen grab.

60209859_ScreenShot2018-11-04at08_46_52.thumb.png.00066c5e5768c0ec9f368e3c4bf7ca33.png

Everything else shows up correctly as either uninstalled or up-to-date. Does that mean it is now included in the base distro (I don't see it mentioned in the release notes for Unraid 6.6.x) and, if so, ought it to be removed from NerdPack? Or have I got something strange going on (something left over from a previous configuration change, perhaps) and maybe I should toggle it on and save then toggle off again and save? I only use NerdTools to install a handful of packages and this isn't one of them.
Thanks for the info. I looked back through the releases and lbzip2 was included in 6.6.0. I have removed it from the 6.6 repo
  • Upvote 1
  • Squid unpinned this topic