unRAID 6 NerdPack - CLI tools (iftop, iotop, screen, kbd, etc.)

jonp

Hey guys,

have an issue, so i've got pip-10.0.1-x86_64-1.txz, python3-3.6.2b-x86_64-1.txz and python-2.7.14a-x86_64-1.txz enabled

but I cannot seem to use pip. Below is an example

python3 pip

python3: can't open file 'pip': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

I have rebooted the server, not sure how to get this working.

Hey guys,

have an issue, so i've got pip-10.0.1-x86_64-1.txz, python3-3.6.2b-x86_64-1.txz and python-2.7.14a-x86_64-1.txz enabled
but I cannot seem to use pip. Below is an example
python3 pippython3: can't open file 'pip': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

I have rebooted the server, not sure how to get this working.

Try running just pip3

I suspect there is currently a mismatch of some versions for running subversion. It seems my unRaid 6.6.5 now updates packages from slackware-current, or something else on my system does (maybe NerdPack itself). 

svn says: 

`/usr/bin/svnserve: error while loading shared libraries: libicui18n.so.56: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory`

If I install http://slackware.cs.utah.edu/pub/slackware/slackware64-14.2/slackware64/l/icu4c-56.1-x86_64-2.txz

with 'installpkg' or `/sbin/upgradepkg - -install-new`

then it works.

Except it doesn't fully work because my Cyrus-Sasl authentication is invalid. I see Cyrus SASL 2.1.27 is installed, which is the version from slackware-current. If I then roll back to 2.1.26, my authentication works. 

If I then upgrade to the new icu5c package on slackware-current I get the same svn error as above. So my guess is there is version mismatches, and probably icu4c was already installed. 

Maybe I'll be happy switching to docker https://hub.docker.com/r/sdorra/scm-manager/ It looks great, but requires some work making it secure for remote access I think.

I suspect there is currently a mismatch of some versions for running subversion. It seems my unRaid 6.6.5 now updates packages from slackware-current, or something else on my system does (maybe NerdPack itself). 

svn says: 

`/usr/bin/svnserve: error while loading shared libraries: libicui18n.so.56: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory`

If I install http://slackware.cs.utah.edu/pub/slackware/slackware64-14.2/slackware64/l/icu4c-56.1-x86_64-2.txz

then it works.

Except it doesn't fully work because my Cyrus-Sasl authentication is invalid. I see Cyrus SASL 2.1.27 is installed, which is the version from slackware-current. If I then roll back to 2.1.26, my authentication works. 

If I then upgrade to the new icu5c package on slackware-current I get the same svn error as above. So my guess is there is version mismatches, and probably icu4c was already installed. 

Maybe I'll be happy switching to docker https://hub.docker.com/r/sdorra/scm-manager/ It looks great, but requires some work making it secure for remote access I think.

svn says: 

then it works.

Have you tried the latest subversion from slackware current? If you can lay it out which packages I need to get it working for you I'll update them to those.

I have now tried updating my old subversion plugin to make it be based on current slackware 14.2. I kept running into missing packages, and then I have up on that approach. 

I then tried SCM-Manager docker. It worked great, super easy to setup and get working, but I didn't succeed with setting it up securely for remote access. Its probably easy, but I left it.

I then tried building my own docker-file, because it sucks being dependent on managing our own dependencies from slackware and it sucks that it breaks when unRaid is updated. I got it working. It was a bit of a pain, but it turned out my Cyrus-Sasl password with a '#'-char didn't work in the new Cyrus-Sasl. But anyway it works now. 

The dockerhub images name is 'arberg/subversion'. The github docker-file repository is arberg/docker-subversion

dmacias: If you want to get subversion to working again, I captured the list of packages which ubuntu installs, when it installs subversion. All of the dependencies that I noticed was missing are in the list, such as serf. Here's the list of packages I tried installing from slackware-current, it wasn't enough:

<!ENTITY icu4c "icu4c-63.1-x86_64-1.txz">  
  <!ENTITY subversion "subversion-1.11.0-x86_64-1.txz">  
  <!ENTITY neon "neon-0.30.2-x86_64-1.txz">
  <!ENTITY apr "apr-1.6.5-x86_64-1.txz">
  <!ENTITY aprutil "apr-util-1.6.1-x86_64-7.txz">
  <!ENTITY serf "serf-1.3.9-x86_64-3.txz"> 

Ahh - here's the alpine OS package list, its a lot shorter and looks like slackware packages: 

(1/15) Installing db (5.3.28-r0)
(2/15) Installing krb5-conf (1.0-r1)
(3/15) Installing libcom_err (1.44.2-r0)
(4/15) Installing sqlite-libs (3.24.0-r0)
(5/15) Installing heimdal-libs (7.5.0-r1)
(6/15) Installing libsasl (2.1.26-r13)
(7/15) Installing cyrus-sasl (2.1.26-r13)
(8/15) Installing libuuid (2.32-r0)
(9/15) Installing apr (1.6.3-r1)
(10/15) Installing expat (2.2.5-r0)
(11/15) Installing apr-util (1.6.1-r2)
(12/15) Installing lz4-libs (1.8.2-r0)
(13/15) Installing serf (1.3.9-r4)
(14/15) Installing subversion-libs (1.10.0-r0)
(15/15) Installing subversion (1.10.0-r0)

My Docker doesn't give me an svn command on the unRaid system which kind of sucks. It should be easy enough to add a svn script like "docker exec subversion svn $*" but that won't have access to local files, so not really an option.

Edited by Alex R. Berg
package-list
4 hours ago, Alex R. Berg said:

but that won't have access to local files, so not really an option.

Cant you bind mount your svn working directory into the container using the shared option so that both the host and container have access to the same directory?

https://docs.docker.com/storage/bind-mounts/#configure-bind-propagation

Edited by primeval_god
Added Link

Yes certainly that is easy to do with 'docker -v'. I just don't need the svn client so I havn't done it. If I had lots of working dirs scattered in lots of places, it would be a hassle. I also frequently get confused and mess up with the virtual volumes in docker, I mean there's an indirection so its one more possible error, not to mention user id trouble. If I needed an SVN client on unRaid, I would prefer it to be on the system natively I think, but I must admit, I absolutely love the docker services that just work, no matter what version packages unRaid runs.

PS: I need the svn server with Cyrus Sasl authentication.

I just gave the slackware package collection one more attempt. I found the packages that are now required for subversion:

<!ENTITY icu4c "icu4c-63.1-x86_64-1.txz">  
  <!ENTITY subversion "subversion-1.11.0-x86_64-1.txz">  
  <!ENTITY neon "neon-0.30.2-x86_64-1.txz">
  <!ENTITY apr "apr-1.6.5-x86_64-1.txz">
  <!ENTITY aprutil "apr-util-1.6.1-x86_64-7.txz">
  <!ENTITY serf "serf-1.3.9-x86_64-3.txz">
  <!ENTITY sqlite "sqlite-3.25.3-x86_64-1.txz"> <!-- ap/ -->
  <!ENTITY expat "expat-2.2.6-x86_64-1.txz"> <!-- l/ -->
http://slackware.cs.utah.edu/pub/slackware/slackware64-current/slackware64/l/utf8proc-2.2.0-x86_64-1.txz
http://slackware.cs.utah.edu/pub/slackware/slackware64-current/slackware64/ap/mariadb-10.3.11-x86_64-1.txz

Its possible the sqlite and expat were not necessary, I didn't try without it. It was included in the ubuntu dependencies. The others are necessary.

I just kept adding packages until 'svn' would run again.

Edited by Alex R. Berg
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, shiarua said:

Is it possible to add a custom config for TMUX? I'd like to set one up but I'm unsure of where to add it where it will persist through a reboot.

For any custom config to persist through a reboot you need to put a copy of the config file somewhere on the flash drive and then copy it into the location it is needed at runtime by adding an entry to either the config/go file on the flash or by using the User Scripts plugin.

• Upvote 1

I'm currently uninstalling some of the stuff I don't need and noticed in Nerd Pack that I have python, pip, tmux and utempter installed. I don't remember ever installing these. Could they be enabled by default (and if so, why)?

Also, I tried uninstalling them but when I untick Python and click Apply, it won't uninstall Python.

7 minutes ago, dnLL said:

I'm currently uninstalling some of the stuff I don't need and noticed in Nerd Pack that I have python, pip, tmux and utempter installed. I don't remember ever installing these. Could they be enabled by default (and if so, why)?

Also, I tried uninstalling them but when I untick Python and click Apply, it won't uninstall Python.

It probably means that you have something else installed that requires this.   I know for instance that ;screen’ can install tempter.

Just now, itimpi said:

It probably means that you have something else installed that requires this.   I know for instance that ;screen’ can install tempter.

I just noticed that Python is a requirement for iotop... fair enough. Uninstalled it all and it's fine. I was wondering it it could be another plugin that required it or something but I assume it's never the case, otherwise it would be installed outside Nerd Pack...

On 11/22/2018 at 9:00 AM, dmacias said:

If you don't wanna wait. You can install pip. Then run pip install setuptools --upgrade and the pip install docker-compose --upgrade

Appreciate this info! I used it to update my own docker compose as well. Just wondering if I will break things by doing this or if its better left alone? Fresh unraid install today, all plugins current.

You are using pip version 10.0.1, however version 18.1 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the 'pip install --upgrade pip' command.

• 2 weeks later...

I have nerd pack installed and I see both python2 and python3 are available and installed.  I do not see Python listed, yet I I know Python is installed.

I'm surprised not to see Python in the list.  Is this normal?

I discovered this because I wanted to check and see if I had the latest version of Python installed.

1 hour ago, Switchblade said:

I have nerd pack installed and I see both python2 and python3 are available and installed.  I do not see Python listed, yet I I know Python is installed.

I'm surprised not to see Python in the list.  Is this normal?

I discovered this because I wanted to check and see if I had the latest version of Python installed.

Not quite sure what you are asking.   You seem to say that you have both python2 and python3 installed, and then you say you do not have python installed!

If you are simply saying that the 'python' command line option is not present, then this can be set as a link to either the 'python2' or 'python3' commands (depending on which version of python you want to default to).

I thought there were 3 version of python, but after reading your reply I understand there are only two versions, python2 and python3.  I have both installed via nerdpack.  You are right, the command python is not working so I need a link.

I just ran sudo find / -type f -name 'python*' -perm -a+x

root@Tower:/mnt/user/Automation/Apps/binhex-sabnzbd/nzbToMedia# sudo find / -type f -name 'python*' -perm -a+x
/usr/lib64/python3.6/config-3.6m-x86_64-linux-gnu/python-config.py
/usr/bin/python2.7
/usr/bin/python2.7-config
/usr/bin/python3.6m
/usr/bin/python3.6
/usr/bin/python3.6m-config
/boot/config/plugins/NerdPack/packages/6.3/python3-3.6.1a-x86_64-1.txz
/boot/config/plugins/NerdPack/packages/6.5/python-2.7.14a-x86_64-1.txz
/boot/config/plugins/NerdPack/packages/6.5/python3-3.6.2b-x86_64-1.txz

this is only the first part, and then the screen scrolled up past where I an copy / paste here.

Edited by Switchblade

With RC 6.7, many plugins are not working with the new openssl version. Is it possible to update specifically python2 and python3? In addition the following plugin versions can be updated:

• lftp -> 4.8.4 (also broken with openssl atm)
  • python3 -> 3.6.8
  • vnstat -> 1.18
  • zsh -> 5.6.2
Edited by d2dyno
With RC 6.7, many plugins are not working with the new openssl version. Is it possible to update specifically python2 and python3? In addition the following plugin versions can be updated:
  • lftp -> 4.8.4 (also broken with openssl atm)
  • python3 -> 3.6.8
  • vnstat -> 1.18
  • zsh -> 5.6.2
I updated python2, pip and added setuptools as a separate package yesterday. Python3 was custom so I need a bit more time with that. I'll update the others you mentioned as well.
  • Like 1
  • Squid unpinned this topic