unRAID 6 NerdPack - CLI tools (iftop, iotop, screen, kbd, etc.)

jonp

1 hour ago, dmacias said:
On 4/24/2019 at 10:01 AM, WARLOCK said:
Good Day,

is there any chance we can get Speedtest-cli added to the tools, 
This is a cool utility to allow us to do internet speedtest from cli.

Thanks in advance

There is a speedtest plugin that uses speedtest-cli although I'm moving away from that since it's wildly inconsistent.

I can confirm that inconsistency. Can you suggest any alternative for command line speed tests?

I can confirm that inconsistency. Can you suggest any alternative for command line speed tests?
This is what I've been working with to replace speedtest-cli plus no python necessary
https://github.com/dmacias72/unRAID-speedtest/raw/master/packages/SpeedTest-1.14-x86_64-1.txz

This is the repo I compiled it from
https://github.com/taganaka/SpeedTest

The only reason I haven't finished incorporating it into the plugin was the full server list. I believe it wasn't sortable for closest or something like that. Otherwise, ran automatically, it worked fine.
So utempter keeps saying that there's an update available but when I run the update but says it's already up to date. 
I tried removing it and reinstalling but it always says it has an update available, am I doing something wrong? 
What version of unraid and what other plugins you have installed?

What version of unraid and what other plugins you have installed?

UnRaid 6.7 RC 8

Plugin that I think will stand out for this is Preclear, it looks like it installs the same version of utempter but it still says it's got an update.

It's more of an OCD thing really, something on the server I can't update. (I'm the type that, as a nervous tick I'll check for and install all the updates I can find, in everything, yeah, I get crap at work for it lol).

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

On 3/22/2019 at 5:22 PM, Nischi said:

As mentioned earlier, you need msgpack, setuptools and Python3

However, that will lately result in the message "Using a pure-python msgpack! This will result in lower performance." when running backups. From what I can tell, it will only use 1 core, thus slowing down backups quite a lot.

So then how is this solved? A few sites say this may be due to packaging while other sites say something else. I'm not familiar enough with Python to know what they're talking about. Is the version of borg contained in this package a python script versus a compiled one or something?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2019 at 2:24 AM, nraygun said:

So then how is this solved? A few sites say this may be due to packaging while other sites say something else. I'm not familiar enough with Python to know what they're talking about. Is the version of borg contained in this package a python script versus a compiled one or something?

Sorry must have missed your reply, just noticed it now. 

Anyway, no I haven't been able to fix it. I tried manually installing the Slackware packages, but i never managed to get it fully working. 

I think we probably need to update some of the other 3 packages for it to run correctly. 

I have notice that node no longer works after updating unRAID to version 6.7.0. Error (node -v):

node: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any hint to resolve this problem?

On 6/17/2019 at 11:28 AM, dmacias said:
On 6/1/2019 at 10:37 AM, absolutefour said:
any chance to get unison added? it will be better at two way syncing than rsync for external HDD backups.

Added unison

Legend!

There does seem to be an issue similar to @mrroadrunner above about missing shared libraries.

unison: error while loading shared libraries: libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory [/CODE]

Legend!

There does seem to be an issue similar to [mention=92886]mrroadrunner[/mention] above about missing shared libraries.

unison: error while loading shared libraries: libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory 

[/code]

I removed it for now until a non gtk packaged is found if even possible. That would require a desktop and a ton more packages.
I have notice that node no longer works after updating unRAID to version 6.7.0. Error (node -v):
node: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any hint to resolve this problem?

I updated node to 8.12. node -v works for me
  • Squid unpinned this topic