unRAID 6 NerdPack - CLI tools (iftop, iotop, screen, kbd, etc.)

jonp

Would it be possible to give it a try to fix the previous problem with borg? qouting myself earlier in the thread to give a few details. I'm not sure where to start, but perhaps updating msgpack, setuptools and Python3 might help?

On 3/22/2019 at 11:22 PM, Nischi said:

As mentioned earlier, you need msgpack, setuptools and Python3

However, that will lately result in the message "Using a pure-python msgpack! This will result in lower performance." when running backups. From what I can tell, it will only use 1 core, thus slowing down backups quite a lot.

On 6/4/2019 at 8:21 PM, ungeek67 said:
Would love to be able to create a custom/informative motd, any objections to including update-motd?

If possible figlet and lolcat too but they're really only for a bit of 'fun' for a header if I'm pushing my luck.

I'm not sure that's available for slackware. At least I wasn't able to find anything. I can still add figlet and lolcat if you want.

Edited by dmacias
4 hours ago, Nischi said:

Would it be possible to give it a try to fix the previous problem with borg? qouting myself earlier in the thread to give a few details. I'm not sure where to start, but perhaps updating msgpack, setuptools and Python3 might help?

I think this was fixed if you removed msgpack and reinstalled it. But anyway I updated borg to 1.1.10 and remove the msgpack package since "borgbackup 1.1.10 bug fix release (now bundling msgpack)" You may want to remove msgpack first then update but it shouldn't matter.

5 hours ago, dmacias said:

I think this was fixed if you removed msgpack and reinstalled it. But anyway I updated borg to 1.1.10 and remove the msgpack package since "borgbackup 1.1.10 bug fix release (now bundling msgpack)" You may want to remove msgpack first then update but it shouldn't matter.

I haven't updated in a while, and it fixed the problem just as you suspected. thanks again!

I recently upgraded to Unraid 6.7.2, and now it seems irssi is looking for the wrong version of libssl?

irssi: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I tried checking for updates and reinstalling in nerd tools, no difference. It looks like /usr/lib64 on the server has libssl.so.1.1 and libssl.so

Edited by monogoat
I recently upgraded to Unraid 6.7.2, and now it seems irssi is looking for the wrong version of libssl?

irssi: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I tried checking for updates and reinstalling in nerd tools, no difference. It looks like /usr/lib64 on the server has libssl.so.1.1 and libssl.so

I updated irssi. Try now.
  • Like 1
On 6/29/2019 at 2:19 PM, dmacias said:
On 6/29/2019 at 1:49 PM, monogoat said:

I updated irssi. Try now.

Well, it has a different error now lol

irssi: error while loading shared libraries: libutf8proc.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

irssi: error while loading shared libraries: libutf8proc.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I added utf8proc. You'll have to install that too. Also update irssi and perl
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, dmacias said:
On 6/30/2019 at 6:17 PM, monogoat said:

I added utf8proc. You'll have to install that too. Also update irssi and perl

Bingo! It is working properly again. Thanks a whole bunch!

• 2 weeks later...

This is probably answered already but I can't figure out how to search this thread 🤷‍♂️.

I have SSHFS working but want to auto mount something on boot.  Should I just add the command in my /boot/config/go file? If I do that, how do I ensure SSHFS is installed before I run the command? Or is it not possible to have NerdPack install stuff on boot automatically?

Look into User Scripts addons. It's easier to manage your own items via that plugin.

Instead of adding to /boot/config/go file you mean? Any disadvantages with using user scripts for this? Eg. Any risk of user scripts not loading correctly when go file will always?

If I go user scripts route, I’m trying to run sshfs before the docker service starts. Is that possible?
All services are started when user scripts executes any scripts at array start.  You want go

So just to be clear: is everything in go file executes BEFORE docker service is started?

I need to run SSHFS to mount a drive but sshfs is installed via Nerd Pack. Will it be available for execution from go file?

14 minutes ago, tmchow said:

is everything in go file executes BEFORE docker service is started?

Yes.  the emhttp process starts (in the background) via the go file, and it is what starts up all the services.  But, you may need to check for network access in your startup script to ensure that the network is actually up and running (emhttp doesn't start the network, but sometimes the network being available is delayed due to multitude of reasons)

Edited by Squid
Yes.  the emhttp process starts (in the background) via the go file, and it is what starts up all the services.  But, you may need to check for network access in your startup script to ensure that the network is actually up and running (emhttp doesn't start the network, but sometimes the network being available is delayed due to multitude of reasons)

Thanks that makes sense. So you’re saying to put my SSHFS mount command before emhttp but also check for network before that. I guess if network isn’t available I could put a sleep/wait in the script at that point to stall to get more time.

Any suggestions on the best/right way to check for network connectivity to my remote server? I’m kinda new to scripting and such.
19 hours ago, tmchow said:

Any suggestions on the best/right way to check for network connectivity to my remote server? I’m kinda new to scripting and such.

Not saying this is best or right, but it works for me as a network check. However, this is NOT in my go file.

#!/bin/bash
printf "%s" "waiting for IP ..."
while ! ping -c 1 -n -w 1 192.168.X.X &> /dev/null
do
    printf "%c" "."
done
printf "\n%s\n"  "IP is online"

Obviously change the IP to what you need to monitor, and add any actions you wish to happen at the end. This script just prints ...... until the ping returns successfully, so if the ip is never reachable, this will stall. There is no automatic escape. Think carefully about what could happen if your remote server is offline, you may want to change the logic. Perhaps a for next instead of while do.

• Squid unpinned this topic