unRAID 6 NerdPack - CLI tools (iftop, iotop, screen, kbd, etc.)

jonp

12 hours ago, tmchow said:
12 hours ago, digitalgrease said:
Just seems kind of an antipattern to do system monitoring from something whose entire paradigm is to be separated from the system.

The unRAID v6 paradigm though is that whenever possible applications should be run in a docker or a VM to segregate them for the OS system. Plugins are preferably reserved for things that need to modify the core system or the WebUI. 

15 minutes ago, primeval_god said:

The unRAID v6 paradigm though is that whenever possible applications should be run in a docker or a VM to segregate them for the OS system. Plugins are preferably reserved for things that need to modify the core system or the WebUI. 

This is exactly my point. Running telegraf in a container entirely defeats the purpose of docker, since telegraf needs extensive access to the host to do proper monitoring, thereby nullifying the benefits of segregation.

1 hour ago, digitalgrease said:

This is exactly my point. Running telegraf in a container entirely defeats the purpose of docker, since telegraf needs extensive access to the host to do proper monitoring, thereby nullifying the benefits of segregation.

Unless i am mistaken, and I might be since i dont use telegraf rather i use Netdata, monitoring only needs extensive read access to the system. Additionally in the case of unRAID the benefit of containerizing applications is more about preventing third party applications from destabilizing the core os, and dealing with the dependency nightmares that can arise from installing applications in a stripped down slackware build.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having trouble with pip... I've installed it via nerd pack, but simply running "pip" from command line gets an error:

image.png.5abe12ca0498c33530468a7c1e67bc98.png

I have Python 2.7 installed (also via nerd pack). Am I missing another dependency?

SOLVED: Needed to install Python SetupTools. Did that and error went away.

Edited by tmchow
Absolutely love this plugin. Any plans on adding something like telegraf to it? Would be an amazing addition, and highly useful to a large portion of the community.

There is a official docker for telegraf.

https://hub.docker.com/_/telegraf

There are slackbuilds but no one has it built. Not sure what depends it would require either or the database portion. The official docker page explains how to monitor the host system by mounting /proc.

[mention=11874]dmacias[/mention] any thoughts on the above given ffmpeg can be installed with a static build? This removes any issue with all the dependencies and extra libraries. Just need to download, extract and either copy to /usr/bin for example.

Just not a fan of giant static builds. It's probably bigger than python with all the depends included. Especially since it wasn't built for slackware specifically either. Just feel this belongs in a docker or plugin with the correct slackware dependency packages.
11 minutes ago, dmacias said:
1 hour ago, giantkingsquid said:
Hi can I please request mysqldump-secure? I’d like to use it to pull database dumps from a remote server back to the array.

https://github.com/cytopia/mysqldump-secure/blob/master/README.md

thanks,

tom

This looks to just be some scripts

Oh ok, I thought it was neatly packaged up as a stand-alone as you can get it as a port or pkg for FreeBSD.

What I really want is plain old mysqldump but I’m not sure if it’s available without the entire database. 

• 2 weeks later...

After having installed Lynx, and tried to launch it. An error is given:

lynx: error while loading shared libraries: libidn.so.11: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I thought it was supposed to not have any dependencies?

Edited by Nischi
1 hour ago, dmacias said:
On 9/1/2019 at 1:19 AM, Nischi said:
After having installed Lynx, and tried to launch it. An error is given:
lynx: error while loading shared libraries: libidn.so.11: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I thought it was supposed to not have any dependencies?

I updated lynx. Should work now

Thanks, working!

On 9/7/2019 at 4:02 AM, dgriff said:

Having a problem where it's showing a Python2 update available, but nothing happens when I try the update.

Same for other packages that show updates - nothing actually happens when I try the update.

Running unRAID v.6.7.2

python_prob.jpg

i have this as well, i had a conversation with the developer and we reset it so that it showed the, as up to sate, but it must returned a short while after.

I just ignore it now.

5 hours ago, Fizzyade said:

i have this as well, i had a conversation with the developer and we reset it so that it showed the, as up to sate, but it must returned a short while after.

I just ignore it now.

Unfortunately it also broke my speedtest with python.

In my case, the solution was to uninstall nerdpack, delete the directory from the flash drive/plugins to force a re-download of the packages and reinstall everything.  Fixed now.

I'm sorry to say the latest version of unrar broke rar2fs.

I get the error:

rar2fs: error while loading shared libraries: libunrar.so.5.6.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

It seems there's no newer version than the current one for rar2fs (1.27.2) so I'm not sure what the solution is, perhaps adding the old version of unrar alongside the new if possible?

Meanwhile I have started an issue at the rar2fs github.

Edited by Nischi
I'm sorry to say the latest version of unrar broke rar2fs.
I get the error:
rar2fs: error while loading shared libraries: libunrar.so.5.6.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

It seems there's no newer version than the current one for rar2fs (1.27.2) so I'm not sure what the solution is, perhaps adding the old version of unrar alongside the new if possible?

Meanwhile I have started an issue at the rar2fs github.
Just run this from the command line. I'll add it to the unrar package later

ln -s /usr/lib64/libunrar.so /usr/lib64/libunrar.so.5.6.1

• Squid unpinned this topic