unRAID 6 NerdPack - CLI tools (iftop, iotop, screen, kbd, etc.)

jonp

I am a recent migrant from FreeNAS and have been really enjoying the Unraid OS.  These community plugins have been insanely helpful.  But, I am struggling with integrating Nagios for monitoring that is located on another server. 

I would like to see the possibility of adding NPRE to the nerd pack.  Github - NPRE 

If this were able to run as a service on Unraid, it would be simple to add the system into a Nagios XI instance with many useful checks. 

So I went to set up a python script only to find I could not locate any Python 3 packages for pip or virtualenv on NerdPack. This is a little surprising to me, since Python 3 is an included package in NerdPack, and Python 2 is now officially sunset.

Maybe I'm just missing something and these packages are actually available somewhere that I somehow missed? This is totally possible, I don't have a ton of experience with NerdPack yet. But if they really aren't supported yet, could I request that they get added? The deprecation of Python 2 seems like a good time to start including full support for the Python 3 versions of packages like this.

In case anyone else runs into this, my workaround was:

• Install the NerdPack provided pip and Python 3 packages
  • Use those packages to upgrade pip to a Python 3 compatible version
  • Use your upgraded pip to install virtualenv
python3 -m pip install -U --force-reinstall pip
pip install virtualenv

On 1/19/2020 at 10:44 AM, dmacias said:

I went ahead and updated the python packages for 6.7 and add libffi. See if that works

Fyi i'm on 6.8.2 now and it works. I needed to re-install Borg-Backup and reboot then accept the update for libffi - but it did/does work. Is it possible to include that update the Borg dependencies so it installs with Borg? Obviously not so much for me - but for anyone else who uses Borg and wants/needs to be able to mount.

Thanks again for the NerdPack :)

• Thanks 1
Fyi i'm on 6.8.2 now and it works. I needed to re-install Borg-Backup and reboot then accept the update for libffi - but it did/does work. Is it possible to include that update the Borg dependencies so it installs with Borg? Obviously not so much for me - but for anyone else who uses Borg and wants/needs to be able to mount.

Thanks again for the NerdPack
I'll do that next time I update the plugin
  • Thanks 1
So I went to set up a python script only to find I could not locate any Python 3 packages for pip or virtualenv on NerdPack. This is a little surprising to me, since Python 3 is an included package in NerdPack, and Python 2 is now officially sunset.

Maybe I'm just missing something and these packages are actually available somewhere that I somehow missed? This is totally possible, I don't have a ton of experience with NerdPack yet. But if they really aren't supported yet, could I request that they get added? The deprecation of Python 2 seems like a good time to start including full support for the Python 3 versions of packages like this.

In case anyone else runs into this, my workaround was:
  • Install the NerdPack provided pip and Python 3 packages
  • Use those packages to upgrade pip to a Python 3 compatible version
  • Use your upgraded pip to install virtualenv
python3 -m pip install -U --force-reinstall pippip install virtualenv

I'm not sure about virtualenv but most the python package include both 2 and 3 versions. For python3 pip you just run pip3
6 hours ago, dmacias said:
On 2/8/2020 at 3:15 PM, Derek_ said:

Thanks again for the NerdPack emoji4.png

I'll do that next time I update the plugin

NW. cheers. My second small donation made, enjoy your beer/s (Broke Dad Computers). Thanks for the work you put into this pack of essential goodies :)  🙏

Edited by Derek_

I've been having an issue, but not a show stopper. 'pigz' is continually showing up as needing to updated, but it won't when I click apply.

I tried removing the package and reinstalling it. I don't think that actually happened. This is happening with 2019.12.31, it wasn't happening before this version. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this.

Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 11.06.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 11.07.22 PM.png

I've been having an issue, but not a show stopper. 'pigz' is continually showing up as needing to updated, but it won't when I click apply.
I tried removing the package and reinstalling it. I don't think that actually happened. This is happening with 2019.12.31, it wasn't happening before this version. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this.

820095507_ScreenShot2020-02-10at11_06_37PM.thumb.png.29306d5ef85fc5c2802995ad4fa24d74.png
1520532683_ScreenShot2020-02-10at11_07_22PM.png.25533700e650951bc5be370a472c4e07.png
The vm backup plugin uses a different version than Nerdpack. You don't need to install it since the plugin will.
6 hours ago, dmacias said:

The vm backup plugin uses a different version than Nerdpack. You don't need to install it since the plugin will.

So, shouldn't the nerdpack plugin check that the required versions are up to date for the requirements in other plugins like vmbackup?

ex. vmbackup requires x.x.x and it is installed, so it's marked up to date. If there is a conflict between other plugins, it notes that and doesn't recommend a upgrade in that situation as that would be up to the plugin authors to discern.

So, shouldn't the nerdpack plugin check that the required versions are up to date for the requirements in other plugins like vmbackup?
ex. vmbackup requires x.x.x and it is installed, so it's marked up to date. If there is a conflict between other plugins, it notes that and doesn't recommend a upgrade in that situation as that would be up to the plugin authors to discern.
I would have no idea what version a plugin requires. Some plugins may not update their packages frequently or to the latest. Sometimes I may not either. Also could be just a different build of the same package/version, which was the case here. I just check the plg files for packages and don't uninstall those packages, so the plugins will continue to work.
  • Like 1

Hello,

can you please add this working version of the wd5741x64 for WD NASWARE Devices? (like the idle3 tools)

https://www.ixsystems.com/community/threads/wd-utility-for-red-drives-with-high-load-cycle-counts.18095/post-389162

works with my unRAID like a charm

Last login: Wed Feb 12 11:16:24 2020 from 192.168.X
Linux 4.19.98-Unraid.
root@Dobby:~# ./wd5741x64
WD5741 Version 1
Update Drive
Copyright (C) 2013 Western Digital Corporation

-Dn   Model String           Serial Number     Firmware
-D0   WDC WD80EFAX-68LHPN0   7HKU1BWH   83.H0A83
-D1   WDC WD80EFAX-68LHPN0   7HKT4N2H   83.H0A83
-D2   WDC WD30EFRX-68EUZN0   WD-WMC4N2947422   80.00A80
-D3   WDC WD30EFRX-68EUZN0   WD-WCC4N0HYZC3K   82.00A82
-D4   WDC WD30EFRX-68EUZN0   WD-WMC4N2936417   80.00A80
-D5   WDC WD30EFRX-68EUZN0   WD-WCC4N6PC8DK2   82.00A82
-D6   WDC WD30EFRX-68EUZN0   WD-WCC4N2EJU8S2   82.00A82

I just updated mediainfo and now I'm getting a libmediainfo.so.0 error:
  • mediainfo: error while loading shared libraries: libmediainfo.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I've uninstalled and reinstalled mediainfo and it didn't make a difference.
Add libmediainfo. I forgot I combined it with mediainfo before. So you'll have to install both now.
14 hours ago, dmacias said:
On 2/12/2020 at 1:12 PM, 3rdWheel said:
I just updated mediainfo and now I'm getting a libmediainfo.so.0 error:
  • mediainfo: error while loading shared libraries: libmediainfo.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I've uninstalled and reinstalled mediainfo and it didn't make a difference.

Add libmediainfo. I forgot I combined it with mediainfo before. So you'll have to install both now.

I added libmediainfo, but then it came up with the same error for libssl.so.1. I had libssl.so.1.1 so I made a symlink to libssl.so.1, but then I just got the same error for libcrypto.so.1. I guess I can keep making symlinks??

Edit: So after symlinking libcrypto, it now errors for libzen.so.0, and I don't have any version of that to symlink to.

Edited by 3rdWheel
  • Squid unpinned this topic