unRAID 6 NerdPack - CLI tools (iftop, iotop, screen, kbd, etc.)

jonp

Hi there. Would it be possible to add fzf to the list?
You can find it at https://github.com/junegunn/fzf

fzf is a general-purpose command-line fuzzy finder. It's an interactive Unix filter for command-line that can be used with any list; files, command history, processes, hostnames, bookmarks, git commits, etc.

Having trouble after I updated docker-compose. First it threw an error about needing python3, so i installed it next to 2.7.
Now it is stating:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/docker-compose", line 6, in <module>
    from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'pkg_resources'

I did remove/reinstall without success. Not positive of my previous version but here is the package that is failing:

docker-compose-1.25.4-x86_64-1cf.txz

Any suggestions? Thank you!

• Like 1
Having trouble after I updated docker-compose. First it threw an error about needing python3, so i installed it next to 2.7.
Now it is stating:
Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/bin/docker-compose", line 6, in module>   from pkg_resources import load_entry_pointModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'pkg_resources'

I did remove/reinstall without success. Not positive of my previous version but here is the package that is failing:

You need setuptools
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, dmacias said:
1 hour ago, semtex41 said:
Now it is stating:

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/bin/docker-compose", line 6, in module>   from pkg_resources import load_entry_pointModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'pkg_resources'

You need setuptools

Thank you. And done.

Sensing the pattern, I searched for json after I saw the following:

File "/usr/lib64/python3.8/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3252, in <module>
    def _initialize_master_working_set():
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.8/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3235, in _call_aside
    f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.8/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3264, in _initialize_master_working_set
    working_set = WorkingSet._build_master()
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.8/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 583, in _build_master
    ws.require(__requires__)
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.8/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 900, in require
    needed = self.resolve(parse_requirements(requirements))
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.8/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 786, in resolve
    raise DistributionNotFound(req, requirers)
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: The 'jsonschema<4,>=2.5.1' distribution was not found and is required by docker-compose

No dice.
Have any advice how I can determine these dependencies and root them out? Thank you again.

• Like 1
Thank you. And done.
Sensing the pattern, I searched for json after I saw the following:

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/bin/docker-compose", line 6, in module>   from pkg_resources import load_entry_point File "/usr/lib64/python3.8/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3252, in module>   def _initialize_master_working_set(): File "/usr/lib64/python3.8/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3235, in _call_aside   f(*args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib64/python3.8/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3264, in _initialize_master_working_set   working_set = WorkingSet._build_master() File "/usr/lib64/python3.8/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 583, in _build_master   ws.require(__requires__) File "/usr/lib64/python3.8/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 900, in require   needed = self.resolve(parse_requirements(requirements)) File "/usr/lib64/python3.8/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 786, in resolve   raise DistributionNotFound(req, requirers)pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: The 'jsonschema=2.5.1' distribution was not found and is required by docker-compose

No dice.
Have any advice how I can determine these dependencies and root them out? Thank you again.

I compiled it myself. Try removing and unistalling docker compose since you can't upgrade the same version. Then refresh the packages and make sure it says SBo at the end. Then install that one
  • Like 1

I have issues with docker-compose as well, using "docker-compose-1.25.4-x86_64-1_SBo.txz" installed a few minutes ago.

Previously I did not have python 2 or setuptools installed, they seems to be required with the latest build?

With them installed I get the error message below when running "docker-compose up"

File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3251, in <module>
    @_call_aside
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3235, in _call_aside
    f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3264, in _initialize_master_working_set
    working_set = WorkingSet._build_master()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 583, in _build_master
    ws.require(__requires__)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 900, in require
    needed = self.resolve(parse_requirements(requirements))
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 786, in resolve
    raise DistributionNotFound(req, requirers)
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: The 'ipaddress<2,>=1.0.16' distribution was not found and is required by docker-compose

• Like 1

I came here searching for an answer, apparently two people have experienced the same issue within the last couple of hours.

I also have the line 6 issue using docker-compose.
Python installed, setuptools also installed, no dice either.

I'll try removing docker-compose and installing it again.

Edit: did a uninstall of Docker-compose and python, pip and setuptools, reinstalled them, no dice either, unfortunately. (installed the SBo one)

Edited by Arndroid

I had to install libff for pip install docker-composer to continue compiling, but then I hit the next roadblock:
https://privatebin.net/?bf0cf3c08a7bb1b0#CaQ14ecEtVrPPPp1LAY32ZnRJCumBsK2m8tagJpgL43t

I don't see what I'm missing, but it errors at: subprocess32

Were you able to compile/install it? What other Nerd Pack packages have you got installed?
I'm currently running Unraid 6.8.3

Edit:
py-pip, python-dev, libffi-dev, openssl-dev, gcc, libc-dev, and make are the dependencies necessary.

Edited by Arndroid

Installing it through pip worked for me!

Just like Arndroid I had to install libffi manually, but that was it. 

(Uninstalled python 2 as I don't use it but kept python 3, pip and setuptools. So simply installed with "pip3 install docker-compose". Only other NerdPack package is Pearl.) 

I will also add I was able to get docker-compose installed with the following:

pip3 install docker-compose

But I have no idea how unraid stores these nor if it will persist between reboots.
Also, I still cant seem to uninstall python-2.7.17-x86_64-2.txz from within the Nerd Pack.

(Uninstalled python 2 as I don't use it but kept python 3, pip and setuptools. So simply installed with "pip3 install docker-compose". Only other NerdPack package is Pearl.) 
libffi is available in Nerdpack
I will also add I was able to get docker-compose installed with the following:
pip3 install docker-compose

But I have no idea how unraid stores these nor if it will persist between reboots.
Also, I still cant seem to uninstall python-2.7.17-x86_64-2.txz from within the Nerd Pack.

You'll need to have python3, setuptools and pip checked to install and possibly libffi. Then have the "pip3 install docker-compose" either in the go file or use the plugin user scripts and place the command in a user script to run at boot.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 3/29/2020 at 3:42 PM, dmacias said:
On 3/28/2020 at 7:23 PM, otherwise said:

libffi is available in Nerdpack

That's where I got it. Manually just meant that it was a dependency I had to install myself :)

I can't seem to get Perl installed via the Nerd Pack. I am running a clean 6.8.3 install. Installed Nerd Pack via both the Community Plugins and direct install, but gives the same result: in the pop-up after applying Nerd Pack settings it says it's installing Perl 5.30.1 but when the settings page refreshes it shows Perl as downloaded but not insrtalled. Other tools install just fine.

How can I troubleshoot this? Thanks!

Edited by THM
I can't seem to get Perl installed via the Nerd Pack. I am running a clean 6.8.3 install. Installed Nerd Pack via both the Community Plugins and direct install, but gives the same result: in the pop-up after applying Nerd Pack settings it says it's installing Perl 5.30.1 but when the settings page refreshes it shows Perl as downloaded but not insrtalled. Other tools install just fine.
How can I troubleshoot this? Thanks!
Sounds like maybe a bad download although the plugin should delete a package whose checksum doesn't match. I just updated perl so see if you can update it. If that doesn't work, go to /boot/config/plugins/NerdPack/packages/6.8 and delete any perl packages. Then try installing it.
  • Squid unpinned this topic