unRAID 6 NerdPack - CLI tools (iftop, iotop, screen, kbd, etc.)

jonp

7 hours ago, dmacias said:
11 hours ago, THM said:
I can't seem to get Perl installed via the Nerd Pack. I am running a clean 6.8.3 install. Installed Nerd Pack via both the Community Plugins and direct install, but gives the same result: in the pop-up after applying Nerd Pack settings it says it's installing Perl 5.30.1 but when the settings page refreshes it shows Perl as downloaded but not insrtalled. Other tools install just fine.
How can I troubleshoot this? Thanks!

Sounds like maybe a bad download although the plugin should delete a package whose checksum doesn't match. I just updated perl so see if you can update it. If that doesn't work, go to /boot/config/plugins/NerdPack/packages/6.8 and delete any perl packages. Then try installing it.

Perl update solved it, thanks!

Is anybody else having issues with updating libffi to the latest in nerdpack and that breaking the plugins tab in the unraid UI? All plugins show author as anonymous, version as unknown. Might be breaking some of my plugins too like CA Backup / Restore Appdata, it fails to do its daily backups

Thanks for this tool. I can't find docker-compose on my nerd tools. Am I crazy? What am I missing?

https://imgur.com/a/I2o8T4N

Thanks

EDIT : It looks like maybe it was removed? Tracing back this thread, I installed python3, python-pip, python-setuptools and libffi and then went to console and pip3 install docker-compose and that seems to have installed it?  Does this sound accurate?

Edited by j2los
new info
  • Like 1
Thanks for this tool. I can't find docker-compose on my nerd tools. Am I crazy? What am I missing?

https://imgur.com/a/I2o8T4N

Thanks
A few posts back discuss the decision to remove it. Any python package that doesn't need compiling can be installed with pip and setuptools.

https://forums.unraid.net/index.php?/topic/35866-unRAID-6-NerdPack---CLI-tools-(iftop,-iotop,-screen,-kbd,-etc.)#entry838361
  • Like 1
Seems like libffi doesn't persist through reboot and is downgraded on boot but updating libffi is required for docker-compose. However, updating to the latest libffi breaks the plugin UI in unraid 6.8.3
NerdPack or unraid plugin ui. How does it break it? It'll persist if you have it turned on in NerdPack
4 hours ago, dmacias said:
4 hours ago, solidno8 said:
Seems like libffi doesn't persist through reboot and is downgraded on boot but updating libffi is required for docker-compose. However, updating to the latest libffi breaks the plugin UI in unraid 6.8.3

NerdPack or unraid plugin ui. How does it break it? It'll persist if you have it turned on in NerdPack

Normally, you are able to click into the plugins to config the plugins from the tab but when libffi is updated, you are unable click on the icons anymore. Also, all the Authors show as "anonymous" and the versions for all the plugins show as "unknown". I do have libffi  turned on in nerdpack but it gets reverted back to an older version on reboot. I would then need to update it through nerdpack and then run pip3 install docker-compose. Is it possible the plugins require an older version of libffi as a dependency? 

Normally, you are able to click into the plugins to config the plugins from the tab but when libffi is updated, you are unable click on the icons anymore. Also, all the Authors show as "anonymous" and the versions for all the plugins show as "unknown". I do have libffi  turned on in nerdpack but it gets reverted back to an older version on reboot. I would then need to update it through nerdpack and then run pip3 install docker-compose. Is it possible the plugins require an older version of libffi as a dependency? 

Libffi was added because unraid comes with an older version that doesn't work with newer version of python3. Unless your Nerdpack libffi is corrupt I don't see why it wouldn't install on start if it's checked. Mine does. Also I don't have a problem with the plugin ui. I use Azure. Tried default theme also. Even uninstalled libffi. Still no problem with ui. Tried on Chrome and Firefox
4 hours ago, dmacias said:

Libffi was added because unraid comes with an older version that doesn't work with newer version of python3. Unless your Nerdpack libffi is corrupt I don't see why it wouldn't install on start if it's checked. Mine does. Also I don't have a problem with the plugin ui. I use Azure. Tried default theme also. Even uninstalled libffi. Still no problem with ui. Tried on Chrome and Firefox

Turns out it was another plugin that was messing up Libffi on reboot and causing issues with the plugin ui. After removing that plugin, everything is working as expected, thanks

• Like 1

I need some help with NerdPack. I have a fresh install of Unraid running, and the only plugins I have installed are the Community Applications and NerdPack. I have no docker containers installed. No matter what I do, NerdPack will not load the plugin information (list), it's just stuck on "Please wait, retrieving plugin information ...". It has a good internet connection. All the NerdPack files and folders show up in /boot/config/plugins/NerdPack/. The system log shows "Tower nerdpack: All packages processed...". I have tired uninstalling and reinstalling NerdPack. I've tired uninstalling, manually deleting all NerdPack files from /boot/config/plugins/, and then reinstalling. No matter what I do, its still stuck on "Please wait, retrieving plugin information ...".

EDIT: Doing a little more digging, I think I found the problem. (maybe?) ... Though I'm not sure how to fix it. In the packages.json file under /boot/config/plugins/NerdPack/packages/6.8/, all it has in that file is:

{"message":"API rate limit exceeded for MY IP HERE. (But here's the good news: Authenticated requests get a higher rate limit. Check out the documentation for more details.)","documentation_url":"https://developer.github.com/v3/#rate-limiting"}

2nd EDIT: I'm leaving this up as information for anyone else who may have this issue. I've fixed this issue on my Unraid system! It turns out it was being causing by my VPN. I use ExpressVPN at the router level (i.e. 100% of my internet traffic is routed through the VPN at all times) and ExpressVPN uses shared IP addresses, so I'm guessing the issue was that too many people who had the same IP as me were hitting the NerdPack API and causing the rate limit issue (I waited several hours and tried again and it still wouldn't load the plugins list in NerdPack, so it wasn't as if I alone was causing the rate limit). So I went into my VPN settings and connected to a different node, which gave me a new IP, and then NerdPack started working fine.

Edited by bluegizmo83

Would it be possible to update the version of LFTP in nerpack? The 4.8.4 version has a couple of showstopper bugs that are driving me nuts.

This one works great:

http://slackware.cs.utah.edu/pub/slackware/slackware64-current/slackware64/n/lftp-4.9.1-x86_64-1.txz

I've been running:

upgradepkg --install-new lftp-4.9.1-x86_64-1.txz

To get it installed after each boot, but obviously nerd pack is the way to go.

Would it be possible to update the version of LFTP in nerpack? The 4.8.4 version has a couple of showstopper bugs that are driving me nuts.

This one works great:

http://slackware.cs.utah.edu/pub/slackware/slackware64-current/slackware64/n/lftp-4.9.1-x86_64-1.txz

I've been running:

Updated it
19 hours ago, dmacias said:
On 4/14/2020 at 2:58 PM, ThatDude said:

This one works great:

I've been running:

Updated it

Amazing, thanks so much

On 4/25/2020 at 1:14 PM, dmacias said:
On 4/22/2020 at 1:37 AM, sduensin said:
It's amazing how useful this plugin is.  Thank you!

It's only missing my beloved "byobu".  (hint hint)  emoji846.png

Added

How come the byobu version is v2.82 from 2010?
The latest released version is v5.133 from 17 Feb 2020.

• Squid unpinned this topic