unRAID 6 NerdPack - CLI tools (iftop, iotop, screen, kbd, etc.)

jonp

How come the byobu version is v2.82 from 2010?
The latest released version is v5.133 from 17 Feb 2020.
What Brit said. I also don't go through and check the source for newer versions of most of these apps unless someone requests. I will check the official slackware repo on occasion. For byobu the slackbuild script doesn't work with the newer version of the source code and I don't have time right now to rewrite it.
Both still missing?
Added
And, in addition, I have several packages that did not install last time I "applied" and it hangs on a white screen when I try again:

image.png.e2d35b463ed6a50934fa1d2729777eef.png
I'm not sure. I would uninstall the plugin and delete the Nerdpack directory on the flash drive at config/plugins/NerdPack. Then reinstall. If it happens again let me know which apps you're installing. Maybe something with the name or version of the app is throwing things off.
1 hour ago, dmacias said:

I'm not sure. I would uninstall the plugin and delete the Nerdpack directory on the flash drive at config/plugins/NerdPack. Then reinstall. If it happens again let me know which apps you're installing. Maybe something with the name or version of the app is throwing things off.

Can't remove the plugin:

image.png.6351a3b286f5496223d26de5a1add236.png

1 hour ago, dmacias said:
2 hours ago, cinereus said:
Can't remove the plugin:

image.png.6351a3b286f5496223d26de5a1add236.png

Could be something going on with your flash. But the only other way to completely remove it, would be to delete the directory on the flash and reboot. Could also just be some aware blocker or anti-virus.

No adware or antivirus. All was working perfectly a couple of days ago.

How can I tell if there's an issue with the flash? All other read/write behaviour is normal. I can install/uninstall dockers and apps fine. It's a brand new drive.

In any case, it seems this is the issue rather than the filename of fping package I'm trying to install.

Edited by cinereus

I get this if I try to uninstall other plugins as a test: 

image.png.a02faa62dfd8e59529f7fba42bec8e17.png

However rebooting seems to have fixed it so thanks for your help.

Unfortunately though when you added lolcat it seems to be missing some dependencies:

root@fs  🖿  ~ ▓▒░ lolcat                                                                                           ░▒▓ ✔  10.01  3%  15:11 🕒  
/usr/lib64/ruby/2.2.0/rubygems/dependency.rb:315:in `to_specs': Could not find 'paint' (~> 2.0.0) among 10 total gem(s) (Gem::LoadError)
Checked in 'GEM_PATH=/root/.gem/ruby/2.2.0:/usr/lib64/ruby/gems/2.2.0', execute `gem env` for more information
        from /usr/lib64/ruby/2.2.0/rubygems/specification.rb:1311:in `block in activate_dependencies'
        from /usr/lib64/ruby/2.2.0/rubygems/specification.rb:1300:in `each'
        from /usr/lib64/ruby/2.2.0/rubygems/specification.rb:1300:in `activate_dependencies'
        from /usr/lib64/ruby/2.2.0/rubygems/specification.rb:1282:in `activate'
        from /usr/lib64/ruby/2.2.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_gem.rb:67:in `block in gem'
        from /usr/lib64/ruby/2.2.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_gem.rb:66:in `synchronize'
        from /usr/lib64/ruby/2.2.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_gem.rb:66:in `gem'
        from /usr/bin/lolcat:22:in `<main>'

Edited by cinereus
I get this if I try to uninstall other plugins as a test: 

image.png.a02faa62dfd8e59529f7fba42bec8e17.png
However rebooting seems to have fixed it so thanks for your help.

Unfortunately though when you added lolcat it seems to be missing some dependencies:
 root@fs  🖿  ~ ▓▒░ lolcat                                                                                           ░▒▓   10.01  3%  15:11   /usr/lib64/ruby/2.2.0/rubygems/dependency.rb:315:in `to_specs': Could not find 'paint' (~> 2.0.0) among 10 total gem(s) (Gem::LoadError)Checked in 'GEM_PATH=/root/.gem/ruby/2.2.0:/usr/lib64/ruby/gems/2.2.0', execute `gem env` for more information        from /usr/lib64/ruby/2.2.0/rubygems/specification.rb:1311:in `block in activate_dependencies'        from /usr/lib64/ruby/2.2.0/rubygems/specification.rb:1300:in `each'        from /usr/lib64/ruby/2.2.0/rubygems/specification.rb:1300:in `activate_dependencies'        from /usr/lib64/ruby/2.2.0/rubygems/specification.rb:1282:in `activate'        from /usr/lib64/ruby/2.2.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_gem.rb:67:in `block in gem'        from /usr/lib64/ruby/2.2.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_gem.rb:66:in `synchronize'        from /usr/lib64/ruby/2.2.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_gem.rb:66:in `gem'        from /usr/bin/lolcat:22:in `'

That might be why I didn't add it before. You probably need ruby and a bunch of other packages

I am still having issues trying to install fping I'm afraid:

Processing Packages...

Downloading fping-2.4b2_to-x86_64-2_slonly.txz package...

fping-2.4b2_to-x86_64-2_slonly.txz package download sucessful!

Installing fping-2.4b2.to package...

Cleaning up packages...

All packages processed...

But then:

root@fs  🖿  ~ ▓▒░  fping                                                                                   ░▒▓ ✔  6.61  80%  17:03 🕔  
zsh: command not found: fping

Edited by cinereus
On 4/1/2020 at 4:22 PM, dmacias said:

A few posts back discuss the decision to remove it. Any python package that doesn't need compiling can be installed with pip and setuptools.

https://forums.unraid.net/index.php?/topic/35866-unRAID-6-NerdPack---CLI-tools-(iftop,-iotop,-screen,-kbd,-etc.)#entry838361

Hi, does nerdpack install packages before the go file is executed?  Meaning: if I place “pip3 install docker-compose” in my go file, docker-compose should install?

Haven't had any more luck trying to get fping to work today.
@dmacias Please can you add exa? It's a rust program.

Fixed fping. Can't have any non numeric characters in the version. There's no pre compiled version of exa. A quick glance at it and it would require too much work for me to compile right now.
14 minutes ago, dmacias said:

Fixed fping. Can't have any non numeric characters in the version. There's no pre compiled version of exa. A quick glance at it and it would require too much work for me to compile right now.

Thanks for sorting fping (although it still doesn't seem to be working for me).

e.g. fping −g 192.168.0.1 192.168.0.254
−g: Name or service not known

Is it possible for me to compile exa to use here?

Thanks for sorting fping (although it still doesn't seem to be working for me).

e.g. fping −g 192.168.0.1 192.168.0.254

−g: Name or service not known

Is it possible for me to compile exa to use here?

Maybe. I'm not sure how to compile a rust app. You'd need to download the slackbuild first and all the source. You may just need rust and all its depends and you may need my DevPack plugin and install everything from there.

I don't do this on my main server. I use an unraid vm.

I've got it working with the gofile but I think some people might appreciate youtube-dl.

There doesn't seem to be any way to uninstall packages though. Unchecking and applying doesn't work and nor does unchecking with the uninstall option on.

Edited by cinereus
I've got it working with the gofile but I think some people might appreciate youtube-dl.

There doesn't seem to be any way to uninstall packages though. Unchecking and applying doesn't work and nor does unchecking with the uninstall option on.
Did you hit apply?
33 minutes ago, dmacias said:
52 minutes ago, cinereus said:

Did you hit apply?

Yes: "Unchecking and applying"

12 hours ago, itimpi said:

Did you also try rebooting?    I suspect that would cure the problem as the package would not be re-installed after the boot.

Good idea! It was marked as installed after rebooting so I checked off and applied ready to reboot again.

It then downloaded and installed it! I've check off and applied again and will see what happens next time!

Edited by cinereus
1 hour ago, cinereus said:

Good idea! It was marked as installed after rebooting so I checked off and applied ready to reboot again.

It then downloaded and installed it! I've check off and applied again and will see what happens next time!

In the worst case there is a Config file in the Nerdpack plugin’s folder on the flash drive that you could edit to say whether that particular package should be installed.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, itimpi said:

In the worst case there is a Config file in the Nerdpack plugin’s folder on the flash drive that you could edit to say whether that particular package should be installed.

Perfect! Thanks

For future googlers: /boot/config/plugins/NerdPack/NerdPack.cfg

Perfect! Thanks
For future googlers: /boot/config/plugins/NerdPack/NerdPack.cfg
It would be better to figure out why you cannot uninstall on your end. It works fine on Firefox and Chrome on my laptop and my phone. Nothing has changed with the plugin or unraid that would affect this. Most likely anti-virus or aware blocker that blocks Javascript or cookies. Uninstall option uses cookies same as basic/advanced view throughout the gui. Uncheck of packages uses config file.
  • Squid unpinned this topic